1,765 results
All reviews hagia sophia seasons restaurant rooftop bar old city blue mosque luxury hotel beautiful hotel grand bazaar perfect location turkey hotel experience historical sites basilica cistern baklava call to prayer restaurant staff deluxe room
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This place is the epitome of service and hospitality. I travel extensively and always try to stay at a "4-5" star hotel as I presume its safer for a females traveling alone. I have (up till now) become resigned with the fact that (like the airline industry), customer service has slowly died under the weight of the bottom line.

The gentleman at the front door quickly looked at my luggage tags and after confirming my name greeted me with a delighted smile, making me feel as if he was so excited to have me here. The ladies at the front desk were proactive about asking after my intended schedule and what they could do to help facilitate my stay - when would housekeeping be least intrusive, etc; the evening turndown service is fantastic to have, especially since I'm traveling with my mother and aunt who can leave a room appearing as if a natural disaster has hit and I'm a bit of a neat freak.

Of course it is crazy expensive on a fellow's salary (still in my infinite training), but totally worth the week of (anticipated) pampering.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a larger room given our parties size which was such a gracious maneuver on the hotels' part. The view is of the courtyard, which makes leaving the window shades open a sacrifice to our privacy (only an issue because we all three wear head scarves for modesty); otherwise the view is a nice, though not comparable to being able to see the Haga Sofia or Sultanhemet Mosque.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank 480sabinas
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had dinner at the four seasons sultanahmet and it was a memorable experience. service was very attentive, i was quickly shown to my table and when i asked for recommendations for turkish fare from the menu, the waiter was quick to point out some choices.
i ordered and whilst waiting, the waiter discreetly put a copy of an international newspaper on my table since i was dining alone. a request for wifi password was also swiftly met with a printed copy of the password on four seasons stationery. i ordered the raki drink which i didnt enjoy because it was too strong. the waitress noticed that i didn't drink the raki and offered to replace it with another drink of my choice and this was done without my prompting. after completing my dinner, i took some time to snap a few photos of the lovely courtyard. the hotel staff who saw me quickly came over and started explaining the history of the hotel which used to be a prison. i was also given a pamphlet with the history and background of the hotel. service was without fault and i will definitely drop by again when i get the chance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank philiplk
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Sometimes, some hotels don’t deserve the maximum of five in score. They are much better than that. I can count with the fingers of one hand the hotels that are in the same league as Four Seasons Istanbul Sultanahmet. This is what luxury hospitality wants to be. Perhaps is does not have the latest in technology: TV in Mirror, or controlling things in a tablet. But, it does not need it, and shows what is behind raising the bar in hospitality industry: service.
Our taxi left us some blocks away from the hotel, as supposedly the driver couldn’t go further. When bellboys saw as coming rushed to take our things. They seemed happy to be able to help us. The hotel from the outside is beautiful, but the interiors are breathtaking. We were escorted to front desk, passing through an elegantly appointed corridor. It is really impressive.
But we were more impressed when the young lady in the front desk introduced herself. I’m sorry to do not remember her name. She had everything sorted out, even the pre-arrival requests as dinner reservation. Our room was not ready yet, so after the nice introduction she took us to the restaurant and offered us some drinks.
After waiting in the beautiful restaurant we were taken to our room with some surprised. It is not a joke to state this was the best part of our trip to Istanbul. The room was huge, massive, and bigger than many apartments we’ve seen. As we were celebrating some things, we had a cake waiting for us, and some extremely tasty treats. The decoration is simply superb, everything is from superior quality: the furnishing, the mattress, the robes, slippers, water and amenities. No noise from the outside. In cleanness, the room is spotless. One day, we entered to the room while cleaning, and found two persons, not cleaning, really washing the bathroom. They were even ashamed we found them there, but it was a nice surprise to see how they take care.
Concierge was helpful and his recommendations for dinner were great. He had more suggestions we did not take, as we preferred to stay more in the hotel. Additionally, breakfasts were outstanding, with everything fresh and full of varieties. Sunday buffet is pricy but fantastic as well.
When we left, we changed to a cheaper lodging as we were leaving at midnight so we thought it was not worth paying for a full night we would enjoy. Bellboys didn’t allow us to take our luggage and did that for us instead.
Mr. Murillo, the general manager, has done an excellent job, along with any single employee of this truly magnificent institution. Not even the minimal detail is overlooked. Everything is perfect, from having always enough coffee in the room to the best figs as complementary fruit. It ties with the best hotels in the world, and is second to none.

Room Tip: Everything is great here.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank bbffpp
Reviewed January 23, 2014

A bit of luxury in the Old Town - used to be a prison so the construction is super solid and quiet.

Pro's: Comfortable beds, beautiful rooms, excellent views, gorgeous property, great service, best location.

Con's: We only ate breakfast once b/c it wasn't great. The buffet was very limiting (the Bosporus FS was much better). I ordered an omelet and couldn't eat it - they make theirs crispy rather than the traditional french omelet. If you don't have a discriminating palate - it's "fine". The restaurant itself is a beautiful setting. Have to say it made us eat outside the hotel for other meals.

Room Tip: If you have a courtyard room and like to sleep in, you may experience screaming children running around at breakfast time.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DSMTravel91
Reviewed January 23, 2014

simply the best hotel in Istanbul regarding the atmosphere, location, quality of services and food served. View of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia - amazing!
If you are looking for a perfect spot in the middle of the historic town - go for it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business