“Entirely faultless” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Ranked #17 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Tenterden, United Kingdom
“Entirely faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

A short trip for business made perfect by this lovely hotel. Superb location in the heart of the old city. Superb service and attention to detail. The staff made me feel at home within seconds of arriving and nothing was too much trouble for the concierge who arranged transport to various meetings. Great restaurant and very comfortably appointed bedrooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Vyvienne W
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Vyvienne W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about us. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

It makes me feel terrific to read you writting about the Restaurant. We put so much effort, specially Ezgi, the Restaurant Manager and Savaş, the Excutive Chef. Well and the Captains and servers and stewards... Thank you. It means a lot to hear encouragement for the Restaurant.

Please if I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Istanbul, please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Felix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mendham Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Completing a wonderful Easter weekend with my wife, kids (6 and 10) and parents at this unbelievable hotel. I have returned after 7 years. 7 years ago we had a memorable stay. But I can only say it has got even better. From the pick up at the airport to the reception and beyond you wont find any place offering the level of attention to details as this hotel. The location in Sultanahmet cant be beat, especially for the sites.Very impressive breakfast buffet that I recommend highly. Great restaurants on every corner, and nearby local shopping that I think is less stressful and as plentiful as the Grand Bazaar. I cant thank Dilara and the team enough at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet.

Room Tip: request room on the 3rd floor if you have third person in the room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Naruto7860
Dear Naruto7860,

It has been a treat to read your review, thank you very much. If there is something that gave me goose bumps has been when you thank Dilara. She does an incredibly valuable job by contacting the guests and be available to complete the experience before you arrive. She is terrific and I am so lucky to work with her.

If I may ever be of any assistance to you within Four Seasons or Istanbul, please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Canmore, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Outstanding hotel steps from all the sights of the old city. Superb staff & interesting traditional design (originally a prison!). Expensive but you get what you pay for. Wonderful breakfast; pricey but good restaurant (especially the first courses - main dishes a little disappointing). Limited spa/health facilities.

2 Thank Hare88
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Hare88,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. Thank you for your review. Thank you for the title of the review, it is so true that the heart of the City is here. Well it has been since the 650 BC, and specially during Bizancium and Ottoman times.

Hare88, if I may ever be of assistance within Four Seasons or Istanbul, please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours Respectfully,

Langkawi, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

The four seasons at Sultanahmet location is very convenient because it is located in the old city of Istanbul. Every attraction or point of interest is with an arm reach including the grand bazaar and the Topkaki palace...etc. I love the idea of Four Seasons converting the old city's prison into a hotel I just love the rooms, spacious bathroom, lovely view and great service .You can't go wrong with the four seasons I guess wherever you go , the front desk staff are very helpful so as the restaurant staff too. I had the best experience at this hotel and I really recommend it because of its location the warmth and friendliness of the staff and the amazing service they provide.

1 Thank zakovic
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear zakovic,

When we arrive to Sultanahmet over 16 years ago. I was feeling a bit strange at the begining as we were converting an old prison into a Hotel. But like you soon after I arrived, the energy was great and I thought that the idea was fantastic.

Thank you very much for coming and staying with us and for being so kind to write about us. If I may ever be of any assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Princeton Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

No wonder this is consistently ranked in the top 25 hotels in the world. I have stayed all over the world in Four Seasons and other high end hotels and i can tell you the FS in Sultanhamet offers one the best experiences ever. The hotel is in a fantastic location in the old city. What makes the hotel so special is the service. The front desk accommodated every request we had. The dining staff was so good that they anticipated certain likes or dislikes we had from the night before. The rooms are spacious and in perfect condition. We asked for certain amenities (e.g. soft pillows) before we arrived and plenty of soft pillows are in our room upon our arrival. I can't say enough great things about the hotel. One just has to experience it.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Hagia Sophia are wonderful.
3 Thank neilw1360
Dear neilw360,

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. Please forgive me if I do not want to believe that we are at the top of the Hotels in the world. I always believe that the best efforts of the climber are while going up, once he reaches the top... The only way is down.

What I do know, is that I and the entire team in the Hotel are very thankful to you, for your kind words and appreciation. We were and are very lucky to count you as our guest.

If I may ever be of any assistance to you whtin Four Seasons or Istanbul please please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had 3 nights stay and it was marvelous, we have been to the same hotel last year and was great .. But this time was more memorable experience.
We were amazes, that they recognized us at the gate, they gave us the keys to the room immediately, we did not wait a minute in the lobby, they knew us by name, recognized.
The rooms... what to say.. Four seasons.. Cannot say more.
Housekeeping is amazing; this hotel is so special in my opinion.
We had a premium room.. And it worth it.
Also,,, main point is this hotel in the heart of the attractions of Istanbul.. you would not need a taxi for 2 days just to move around.
I can say lots more... but .. i would recommend this hotel as the best luxury hotel with no reservations.
Aha… do not forget the shoeshine service.. the best in the world, your expensive shoes that you are so careful about will return like new..

Room Tip: if you can pay for it.. go for the premium room.. usually it is in a corner with great view.. do no...
4 Thank navigator0
Dear navigator0,

My name is Felix Murillo, I ma the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. We have been making an effort to ensure that the guests that return do not have to go through the check in process, and I am so so happy that you noticed it and appreciated. Thank you very much.

You have been very kind to us and I really, on behalf of each and every employee of the Hotel, thank you for it. If I may ever be of any assistance to you please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com..

Yours Respectfully,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The service was EXCELLENT They were very attentive and made our stay super enjoyable. For example, they had some toys already in the room for our daughter when we arrived as well as a baby bed ready to go before we arrived. The quality of the hotel and the food are excellent as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank gio c
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear gio c,

You are so kind on your comments.When you right the word Excellent!. It makes me feel great and yet. I want to make sure that we do not believe it. We will always be as good as our last guest feeling. And I am thinking of all the guests that we have now that how they are doing.

If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Istanbul, please let me know. My name is Felix Murillo and I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com