Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
$120
$115
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
  • Restaurant
$420
$119
1,664 results
All reviewshagia sophiaseasons restaurantold cityrooftop barblue mosqueinner courtyardluxury hotelbeautiful hotelconcierge staffgrand bazaarperfect locationturkeyhotel experiencemajor sitesbaklavabasilica cisterncall to prayer
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here last fall at the end of a terrific cruise on Oceania. Our TA arranged for a big upgrade, and we had a small suite with a balcony overlooking the former jail yard, which is marvelously gardened now. The rooms were very handsome and the service impeccable, as you might expect. You should also expect to pay $15 (or was it Euros?) to press out a suit.

The roof cafe at sunset is a must do. The neighborhood is very walkable and teeming with tourist restaurants and fun. The night we dined at the hotel was rather disappointing, something the hotel should address.

For longer stays you would probably be better situated across the Horn, in more contemporary Istanbul. For our short first stay, this was nearly perfect.

Room Tip: Our rooms facing the courtyard were tranquil, except for the early call to prayer, for which ear plugs supply an answer.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ted M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Located in sultanhamnet, steps away from the blue mosque and haya sofia, this hotel was like a little bit of paradise. My mother and I stayed here for a very short visit to Istanbul before flying off home and loved every minute of it. A bit on the pricier side but you really do get what you pay for.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Perfect hotel, right in the middle of Old Istambul. Perfect for travellers with good and easy access to major sites. A former prison, the old building is in top condition. I got a room in the first floor, facing the street and did not hear a thing the whole night. The restaurant could be upgraded, though.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alexandrebrasil1971
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Alexandrebrasil1971,

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet and I am so thank full for you to come and stay with us and also for writting about us. Thank you very much for your very candid comments.

Last year we renovated completely our Terraces. Unfortunately during the cold months we can not enjoy them. I hope one day you may return to see them.

Now this year we will be working on the Restaurant and so on, which had been upgraded just over three years ago.

If I may ever be of any assistance in the future whether in Istanbul or Four Seasons please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons in Sultanahmet around Christmas and highly recommend it! Our room and bathroom was extremely spacious and beautifully appointed while the corridors and common areas had a nice local look and feel. We used to have breakfast in the hotel - while the cheese and olives were great, the local yogurt and this mechanism from which natural honey dripped down from a suspended hive were extraordinary. Our host, Murrad, (who served us some yummy, local concoctions) pointed out that the specific kind of yogurt is apparently popular in his hometown close to the Black Sea. The fruits and local sweets served during turn-down everyday were really yummy and the warm wine served in the lobby was refreshing after walking in the cold. The staff members we interacted with were all locals but spoke English very well and we enjoyed conversing with them.

The hotel is pretty much right next to Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque with other major sights like the Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace and the Istanbul Archaeology museum a very short walk away. The tram station also close-by takes you to other major attractions like the Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar and the Eminonu waterfront. The views from the terrace of the hotel should not be missed during the sunrise and sunset - you get splendid vistas of the Hagia Sophia all lit up, amazing silhouettes of Blue Mosque and sunset over the Marmara Sea in the distance. So the location of the property is hard to beat and the proximity to the major sites makes it perfect if you are into photography.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank deepdebroy

Dear deepdreboy,

Wow! Thank you very much for your comments. Thank you.

It is so nice that you noticed Murat and recognize him. I look forward to go to him now and let him know about your note. You made my day!

Sorry, with the excitement I forgot to tell you who am I. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul.

Please if I may ever be of assistance, let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have stayed in some wonderful hotels, but this really beat the rest my a flying mile. The staff, the location, accommodation, everything perfect. My wife treated me to a long weekend here for my birthday, it could not have been lovelier. Champagne and a birthday cake on the house on the day,a BIG plus.
And to cap it all we had brunch on our departure Sunday. What a magnificent spread! And the winner from the kitchens must be the desert chef, I am not a lover of chocolate, but I chose the chocolate 'bomba' what can I say....Out of this world, it melted on the tongue and several hours later back in London it was still on the palate.
A real pleasure to say, we'll done all, you all did a brilliant job. Would I come back?
Si

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GilesLeMagnifiques
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear GilesLeMagnifiques,

You brought a smile of pride in me, I must say. How great to open the Advisor and read your note. Thank you very much.

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. I am so happy that you had a good time with us. I now look forward to print your review and share it with the team specially with Adil bey, our Pastry Chef. He is going to be very happy to receive your compliments.

Please GilesLeMagnifiques, please let me know if I may ever be of assistance within Four Seasons or Istanbull. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com