Tomtom Suites(Istanbul)
Sirkeci Mansion(Istanbul)
$144
$109
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$290
$359
$342
$114
1,712 results
All reviewshagia sophiaseasons restaurantold cityrooftop barblue mosqueluxury hotelbeautiful hotelgrand bazaarperfect locationturkeyhotel experiencehistorical sitesbasilica cisternbaklavacall to prayerrestaurant staffbeautiful room
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We often stay at the Ritz Carlton and happened upon this hotel because the Ritz was booked. We are so happy with that turn of events, as the Four Seasons Sultanahmet is easily one of the best hotels we have ever experienced. From the moment we spoke with them with questions about our stay, not one detail was overlooked including the driver from the airport who assisted us with in room check in (a real treat after 17 hour journey), a welcome amenity for our 12 year old daughter, impeccably appointed room and bathroom with a view of the Haigha Sophia, daily treats left in our room, a beautiful breakfast buffet with lovely and attentive wait staff, and the list goes on. This hotel is ideally situated and although we were worried it didn't have a pool, we ended up being glad it didn't as there is so much to enjoy in Istanbul. We are looking forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room in the hotel. Ours was very quiet (though you could hear the call to prayer in the morning) and had a view of the Haigha Sophia. The bathroom was BEAUTIFUL. Windows open and remote control room darkening shades are wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Dear dhkklk,

I am very gratefull for your kind words. My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

dhkklk, If may ever be of assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

I look forward to welcome you back to Sultanahmet and the Four Seasons. With your permission I want to share your comments with the team.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This was our first trip to Istanbul and friends who had lived in there recommended the Four Seasons. When I made the reservations, I mentioned that the trip was to celebrate my husband's birthday. The hotel went out of their way to make the trip memorable; when we checked in, the manager came out to give my husband birthday wishes, and we were upgraded to a suite. At dinner in the restaurant (which is pricey but great food), our meal was finished with a beautiful birthday cake; all of course, very discreetly done. It is these personal touches that makes the Four Seasons worth it.

The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms quiet and comfortable; the service, as other reviews indicate, unsurpassed. Turkish people overall are so hospitable; one evening we were trying to locate an out of the way restaurant, and rather than get a taxi, the doorman, who was leaving for the day, drove us on his way home! At that same restaurant, the waiter, who spoke only limited English, was charming and attentive and ensured that we knew how to navigate back to the hotel.

Istanbul itself is an unforgettable city. The historic and cultural sites are not to be missed and the Four Seasons is in a perfect location for sightseeing. We walked almost everywhere, and were happy to come back and relax in our suite, where we found daily treats at teatime.

Overall, there is a warmth and appreciation for visitors in Istanbul that we have not found in other cities. We always felt safe, regardless of the hour, and even when no one spoke English, there was no barrier in communicating in restaurants or cafes. We have traveled extensively, and this hotel and Istanbul are some of our favorites.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear KAB100,

It is very special that you took the time to write about your experience at the Hotel. It was really nice to have you with us and I am very happy that you left with good memories.

You know that I am available if you need any assistance in the future, please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours respectfully,

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Our family enjoyed a 6 night stay in March. The hotel offers the historic character of being a former prison looking out onto the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace while also offering all the modern and luxurious amenities of a Four Seasons hotel (soft linens, fast wi-fi, immaculate housekeeping, fresh flowers, fresh fruit, etc.).

Every staff member we met was kind, helpful and welcoming. They took wonderful care of us in numerous ways, but I will mention two examples that especially touched us:
First, someone in housekeeping sewed four buttons onto a shirt that I had never gotten around to mending - without our even asking. They notice the smallest detail. And secondly, one morning I was running very late and missed the end of breakfast. When I went to the restaurant to meet my family (who had made me a small plate of food), the waiter noticed the selection and suggested that he ask the chef to make me a fresh plate of warm scrambled eggs as mine must be cold already. It is this kind of thoughtfulness which we appreciate so much. The staff were so professional and genuinely kind, including the concierges who were more than happy to answer many questions and offer good advice. The attitude of all the staff made our visit very relaxing and enjoyable.

I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family. We brought our two children (11 and 14), and while there were not many kids at the hotel while we were there, they were made to feel welcome as well. The only thing missing that they would have enjoyed is an indoor swimming pool.

One last tip- if you are interested in textiles (embroidery, ikat, wovens) or carpets or kilims, go visit Mehmet Cetinkaya's Gallery very near the hotel (5 min walk just past the Arasta Bazaar). They have a wonderfully edited collection of pieces, some museum quality. The owner is an international authority, and his gallery is unique - not to be confused with the myriad of carpet and kilim stores everywhere.

Room Tip: The hotel has 4 floors, the 2nd and 3rd having the highest ceilings and biggest windows. Views were not big consideration during the construction of the prison, but we found a 3rd floor corner room offering very nice views out to the Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace walls.
1  Thank Gothampanda

Dear GOTHAMPANDA,

WOW! Thank you very much. You know we always work very hard to reach the hearts of our guests and when it happens... When the small details arrive... And even more, you take the time to write about them... The feeling is great, awesome!!.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind words. I am Felix, the General Manager.

I want to remain and be available should I may ever be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours Cordially,

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Staying at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet was the best decison we made. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are wonderful. It is walking distance to all the historical sites. Can't say enought about the what a great experience we had there. Would love to go back to this beautiful city.

Dear Melanie E.,

We were very lucky that you decided for us and very thankfull for your kind words.

Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially,

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Four Seasons Istanbul at Sultanahmet is "heaven on earth". The adventure began with our arrival at Ataturk Airport where we wisely opted to have the hotel send a car for us, and were met by a most welcoming "greeter" who assisted us to the BMW and our driver Ertan. Along the way he graciously gave us a mini tour and answered so many of our questions. As a fine example of the generosity of the impeccable staff, Ertan later guided us to the Whirling Dervish show after he got off of his shift at the hotel. Who does that? I'll tell you who, every team member of the hotel! They become your friends, assisting you with every phase of your trip to Istanbul. Upon entering the flowerful foyer, we were met by Mehmet Nacar, the front desk mgr. who had arranged all of our reservations for restaurants and tours on typed cards in our room (see photo). The hotel itself is full of Ottoman charm, with delicious warm colors throughout and speckled with mounted Turkish tiles along the graceful hallways (see photos). As you enter your room through the large wood doors you find a plush space, our was overlooking the gardens and breakfast area. The bathroom is huge, furnished with tub and separate shower after which you can sink into the luxurious Turkish towels and robes. Five times a day the call to prayer seeps into the window and you know that you are in an exotic land, with a rich culture and great history. In order to facilitate and maximize our time we hired a private guide for 2 days, Seda Karaca came highly recommended and she was a find. The hotel knew her, the shops in the Spice Market and Grand Bazaar knew her, everyone knew her. She accelerated our visits to the sights with no waiting in line. Her tour of the Topkapi Palace was fascinating and detailed. She was a great sport and a lot of fun so try to plan ahead and book her through the hotel concierge. I cannot express to you how helpful the Concierge and reservations dept. were in plannning this holiday. Their attention to detail and professionalism is unmatched. When you book, take advantage of their aid as that is in itself part of the draw to this crown jewel in the Four Seasons realm. Book a breakfast inclusive pkj. and you will enjoy a full buffet with not only American eggs and meat dishes, but an array of breads, olives, honeys, 10 types of cheese, and homemade preserves (try the pomegranate jelly!). I was so impressed one morning when Farkan took the time to explain the origins of the honeycomb hanging on wood stretchers, it was another example of how the hotel is managed and run. And who is at the helm of this amazing oasis? It is FELIX MURILLO, the General Mgr. Twice during our stay we crossed paths. First when he made it a point to introduce himself to us and then upon our departure, as we were leaving for further travels, we saw him again. The goodbye from this kind, generous, and special group of the Four Seasons family was so touching. Mr. Murillo has refined the art of hotel management and I cannot express to any potential visitor to Istanbul that this is THE place to stay when visiting. P.S. Thanks for the birthday cake! (They think of everything)!

Dear NYTravelCriticIntl,

You are so generous with us. I can wait to print your note and bring it to Ertan, he is going to love it. Well and to all the team.

It is very special.