“Wonderful oasis of luxury and service. Restaurant was a bit pricey but the overall stay was 10/10”

Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Ranked #15 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
UK
Reviewed March 7, 2012

A wonderful oasis of luxury and service.
Location was excellent within easy reach of the city, restaurants and attractions.
The hotel is not surrounded by any particularly noisy streets or neighbours and we enjoyed an excellent sleep.
Staff service and facilities were excellent.
One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear peterjr66,

This is Felix, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Thank you very much for your review and your very kind comments.

I promise I will review the prices of the Restaurant to make sure they are not only of great value but also competitive.

Please peterjr66 if at any time I may be of assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours Cordially,

Felix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Our flight arrived quite early and we were at the hotel before 8:00 am. They gave us the room immediately and we had tea, fruit and buscuits awaiting us. The staff was helpful, and just very, very nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MBL1242,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I look forward to share them with the team and specially with the Front Office and the Room Service team.

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager and I am so happy to hear that we were able to personalize your stay. If at any time I may be of help, please contact me. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially,

Glendale, California
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Excellent hotel. Excellent location. Excellent room service. They provide us with free coffeemaker and coffee/tea each day (ask for it). Free complimentary fruit each day. Free internet. Walking distance to all sites.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Hawaii
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is what a Five-Star hotel should be. The decor is beautiful. The flowers add the finishing touches. We were always greeted with a warm friendly smile and hello from the entire staff. They went above and beyond for our six year old daughter. She felt like the Princess of the hotel. The rooms are spacious and bathrooms have all the luxuries needed including a TV!
I recommend a corner room overlooking the Aya Sofia. The location is walking distance to explore all the major sites.
We hope to return to this wonderful hotel soon!

Room Tip: Corner room overlooking Aya Sofia.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Fritz21
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Wow! Thank you very much Fritz21!

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seaons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. This is very nice what you wrote. Thank you.

With your permission I would love to search and post your review for all our employees in the Hotel.

Whenever you plan to come back please let me know how I may be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,

Morbio Inferiore, Switzerland
Reviewed February 26, 2012

When my sister and I decided to take a mini vacation together in Europe , it was very challenging trying to figure out the best place, hotel, climate, etc. that would meet our needs.

Having been to many Four Season properties , my dream was to visit the prison in Istanbul, as I found the pictures mysteriously enchanting , and I knew that the level of attention and service that the Four Seasons is known for , would only surpass whatever beauty the hotel had offered.

But our visit proved to be an experience that went above and beyond our wildest expectations, and for three days my sister and I were treated like Royalty! The staff at the Four Seasons could not have been lovelier, and our every wish was fulfilled. The aesthetics of the hotel are unsurpassed , and the rooms are fit for a king and queen, or in our case two princesses. The hotels concierge and hotel manager bent over backwards to make our stay in this foreign and unique city feel like our second home. We were so sad to have left , and can not wait to return .

Thank you for the priceless memories that have set the bar so high for our next adventure. We never wanted to escape the prison!!!

Elyse C. and Dana D.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Ricardo92,

I was going through some of our past comments and yours caught my attention. It felt great to read it. Thank you very much.

My name is Felix Murillo and I am now the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Istanbul please let me know. I would love to be of help. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours Cordially,

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The owners did a fabulous job redoing the old prison featured in Midnight Express and obviously excorcised any ghosts of its tortuous past.
For my first few days of my first trip to Istanbul the location was perfect. Had a second floor room looking doqwn on Best Kebab whos friendly staff ke[pt chatting with us as wwe looked out the window.
The room had huge and well appointed, and gave what I hoped to be a "turkish" flair to the comfort Four Seasons always provided.
GReat location to visit Haga Sophia and environs. Great old streets to wander.
Roof top bar a must to watch night all and feel the history.
Their staff ferried us to the Bosphorus which gave us another side ot our most memorable. Istanbul experience

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank venamo
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Tanfield M,

Thank you very much for your very kind comment and ratng.

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I completely agree with you that when you come to Istanbul and you pair your stay between the two Four Seasons here you ge the best of the City.

Here we have the absolutely amazing Historical side in a cozy and boutique setting. To later go to the site by the Bosphorus with a large SPA area and swimming pools.

I want ot leave you may direct email address in case I may ever be of assistane at any time: felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is one first class hotel in the old city! The place is absolutely beautiful-actually a renovated prison. We were upgraded to the"warden's office" which was a spacious, two level suite with steam and all. The views from the rooftop are magnificent-Blue Mosque, etc. The restaurant breakfast buffet is great, The service is typical Four Seasons quality. The location is peaceful with lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for the Warden's Office-great, spacious suite!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank drjscharf
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear drjscharf,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

drjscharf, thank you very much for your very kind note and your "Wow!". It is a great feeling to print your comment and bring it to the team. I can´t wait to do it.

If I ever may be of any assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,