“More than five star hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Ranked #13 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Excellent hotel. Excellent location. Excellent room service. They provide us with free coffeemaker and coffee/tea each day (ask for it). Free complimentary fruit each day. Free internet. Walking distance to all sites.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,612)

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is what a Five-Star hotel should be. The decor is beautiful. The flowers add the finishing touches. We were always greeted with a warm friendly smile and hello from the entire staff. They went above and beyond for our six year old daughter. She felt like the Princess of the hotel. The rooms are spacious and bathrooms have all the luxuries needed including a TV!
I recommend a corner room overlooking the Aya Sofia. The location is walking distance to explore all the major sites.
We hope to return to this wonderful hotel soon!

Room Tip: Corner room overlooking Aya Sofia.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fritz21
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Wow! Thank you very much Fritz21!

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seaons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. This is very nice what you wrote. Thank you.

With your permission I would love to search and post your review for all our employees in the Hotel.

Whenever you plan to come back please let me know how I may be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,

Reviewed February 26, 2012

When my sister and I decided to take a mini vacation together in Europe , it was very challenging trying to figure out the best place, hotel, climate, etc. that would meet our needs.

Having been to many Four Season properties , my dream was to visit the prison in Istanbul, as I found the pictures mysteriously enchanting , and I knew that the level of attention and service that the Four Seasons is known for , would only surpass whatever beauty the hotel had offered.

But our visit proved to be an experience that went above and beyond our wildest expectations, and for three days my sister and I were treated like Royalty! The staff at the Four Seasons could not have been lovelier, and our every wish was fulfilled. The aesthetics of the hotel are unsurpassed , and the rooms are fit for a king and queen, or in our case two princesses. The hotels concierge and hotel manager bent over backwards to make our stay in this foreign and unique city feel like our second home. We were so sad to have left , and can not wait to return .

Thank you for the priceless memories that have set the bar so high for our next adventure. We never wanted to escape the prison!!!

Elyse C. and Dana D.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Ricardo92,

I was going through some of our past comments and yours caught my attention. It felt great to read it. Thank you very much.

My name is Felix Murillo and I am now the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Istanbul please let me know. I would love to be of help. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Reviewed February 24, 2012

The owners did a fabulous job redoing the old prison featured in Midnight Express and obviously excorcised any ghosts of its tortuous past.
For my first few days of my first trip to Istanbul the location was perfect. Had a second floor room looking doqwn on Best Kebab whos friendly staff ke[pt chatting with us as wwe looked out the window.
The room had huge and well appointed, and gave what I hoped to be a "turkish" flair to the comfort Four Seasons always provided.
GReat location to visit Haga Sophia and environs. Great old streets to wander.
Roof top bar a must to watch night all and feel the history.
Their staff ferried us to the Bosphorus which gave us another side ot our most memorable. Istanbul experience

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank venamo
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Tanfield M,

Thank you very much for your very kind comment and ratng.

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I completely agree with you that when you come to Istanbul and you pair your stay between the two Four Seasons here you ge the best of the City.

Here we have the absolutely amazing Historical side in a cozy and boutique setting. To later go to the site by the Bosphorus with a large SPA area and swimming pools.

I want ot leave you may direct email address in case I may ever be of assistane at any time: felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,

Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is one first class hotel in the old city! The place is absolutely beautiful-actually a renovated prison. We were upgraded to the"warden's office" which was a spacious, two level suite with steam and all. The views from the rooftop are magnificent-Blue Mosque, etc. The restaurant breakfast buffet is great, The service is typical Four Seasons quality. The location is peaceful with lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for the Warden's Office-great, spacious suite!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank drjscharf
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear drjscharf,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

drjscharf, thank you very much for your very kind note and your "Wow!". It is a great feeling to print your comment and bring it to the team. I can´t wait to do it.

If I ever may be of any assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed February 14, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel with very attentive staff that anticipate and respond to your every need. We stayed for 2 nights and were so well looked after. The hotel is beautiful with the most amazing bathrooms. Our room 420 had a great view of the Hagia Sophia from the small balcony off the room. The food was great for breakfast - super yummy pastries, and the private tour of the old town that the hotel arranged through their partner travel agency was excellent (our tour guides name was Seda). A great experience at the 4 seasons!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amw48
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear amw48,

My name is Felix Murillo and I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I just received the notice of your comment in Trip Advisor and although it is a bit late at night, I wanted to send you a thank you note.

Thank you for your kind comments and your rating.

You are very right that the rooms at the fourth floor as 420, although in general a bit smaller are very quaint. During 2012 we will continue the process of applying wooden floors to all these rooms that make them specially charming.

Thanks a million for talking about the Restaurant. The Chef and all the Food and Beverage team are working incredibly hard to reach great quality. With your permission I will share with them your note. It will make them feel fantastic.

Please amw48 if I may ever be of any assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Lovely staff, we stayed a few night sin a suite there and left to tour other regions and returned for more time at the Sultanahmet. They not only gave us the same room both times, they had found a few forgoten articles and put them back in the room for us upon out second arrival (and washed and pressed my son's boxer shorts!)

Fun neighborhood, really great hookah lounge down the street, great restaurants, walk to lots of cool stuff. Archeology Museum is the best, and it was empty when we went.

I don't think this hotel had a pool, that would be ideal in the hot summer. Bur we went in November and it was just perfect weather, no crowds.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank michellejonas
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear michellejonas,

I just read your comment in Trip Advisor about our Hotel and I am very thankfull for your kind words and rating. With your permission I want to share your comments with the entire team. Specially to share it with the Housekeeping Department that took it upon themselves to have your clothes ready washed when you return without waiting for anybody to tell them.

Please michellejonas, if I may ever be of assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.