“Far beyond our wildest dream. Splurge, you won't be disappointed.”

Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Ranked #17 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Cesena, Italy
“Far beyond our wildest dream. Splurge, you won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We selected the Four Seasons due to its reputation and we were not let down. This is truly a Luxury hotel in an amazing location. Nothing was less than perfect.

Room Tip: Go for the internal garden view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Timothy O
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Wow!!!

Thank you very much TimothyOC....

This is Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

You know we work very hard, and when we receive a comment like yours.... Well! is very special. Thank you very much. I promise you that we will always be looking forward to try to be better and never.... Never... Never think that we have reached the top.

If I ever may be of any assistance please TimothyOC let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours respectfully,

Felix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This is one of the most wonderful hotels I have ever stayed in. Upon arrival the staff was waiting for me, they were attentive and knew my name immediately. Every basic whim was met with a smile. The concierge knew the best places to dine, the front desk staff met every need with a smile and warmth that is amazing. The gym facilities were spectacular, water and local teas and coffees provided all day long. This is truly a magical hotel.

They were doing some construction and the noise in the morning was bothersome, after calling the front desk the workers tried to limit the noise so that I could get some more sleep. The next day they were hammering again while I was enjoying the amazing bathtub in my beautiful bathroom, but I was too relaxed to complain again.

Overall this hotel and the staff are superior.

Room Tip: ask for room 206, it was superior to my boyfriend's room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The rooms were very comfortable. The attention to detail by the housekeeping staff was outstanding! A mouse pad was placed under the mouse of my laptop. A bookmark was placed in my book. Delightful surprises!
It was much appreciated that the GM sent a personal handwritten note and took the trouble to meet us.
All the staff we met were warm, friendly and helpful...even at 5 am when we arrived!
Thank you so much!

6 Thank nsl115
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear Ivingsl,

It was great to meet you and have you with us.

Thank you very very much for your very kind note and rating. Means a lot to us!

I found who could produce my same stationary without the name in case you would like me to have some printed and send them to you.

Please let me know if I ever may be of assistance. felix.murillo@fourseasons.com is my direct email.

Yours respectfully,

Las Vegas
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We debated whether to stay on the Bosphorus but were so happy with our choice. We stayed 6 nights. The staff made us feel like it was our home away from home. Every touch was personal and thoughtful. We had 3 rooms to accommodate our family, and they conveniently placed us at the end of the hall with our own entrance. Our rooms were spacious and well appointed. The kids were in heaven!

Room Tip: We travelled with our kids; they put our rooms next to each other at the end of a hall way where we...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear GoldenGooseLV,

This is Felix Murillo, the General Manager.

It was great to have you with us and I am so happy to hear that the kids had fun. You are very right that the choice of the permier rooms in the corner are a great choice for family privacy.

Thank you for writting about the personal and thoughtfull employees. I feel very lucky to work here! With your permission I will share your comments with all the team.

Please let me know how I may be of assistance in the future, my email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet is, without a doubt, the best Four Seasons and/or other 5-Star hotel we have ever stayed in and we have been staying in 5-Star hotels in Europe, Asia-Pacific and the US for over 30 years. The condition of the hotel (and our rooms), the staff, the facilities and the location were all perfect. Everything worked and worked seamlessly and nothing disappointed. There are still many places to go but we doubt we will stay in as delightful a hotel as this again - unless of course, we make a return visit to Istanbul.

1 Thank Stephen M
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and found is memorable. Service by all staff exceptional. We were 6 friends staying for new yeas eve and were totally spoilt. We were upgraded as part of American express package and the rooms were outstanding.briefest in the room fantastic with everything hot. Location again unbeatable and minutes from blur mosque and tapaki and loads of restaurants within10 minutes walk....really great position. Expensive but well worth the cost for city break and was memorable stay
Only down side was the food in main restaurant which was not in our opinion good and let the hotel down but all the rest made up for that and many restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Stay in delux suites for a truly great experience....also refuse to pay Internet charges which I bel...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Extraordinarily comfortable hotel with exceptionally helpful and polite staff. Location could not be better - Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and Basilica Cisterns are all within 10 minute walk and Grand Bazaar only 10-15 minutes walk. There can be no better place for a weekend break. Wonderful view of Hagia Sophia from our room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple