1,745 results
All reviews hagia sophia seasons restaurant old city rooftop bar blue mosque luxury hotel beautiful hotel grand bazaar perfect location turkey hotel experience historical sites basilica cistern baklava call to prayer restaurant staff deluxe room
Reviewed October 3, 2011

we moved to the four seasons from another hotel which we were not happy with. It is such a haven to come back to such attention and luxery. It was more expensive than we had planned but it made our holiday which was to celebrate my birthday. I long to stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

There is nothing more I can say about this property, except everything about it is first rate, hands down superior! It is located in the museum/historical sights area, so everything is at your fingertips for culture lovers. The property itself is a converted jail, which in my opinion, is a cultural experience in and of itself. The hotel staff-I couldn't say more regarding the friendliness, helpfulness, and first rate service! The restaurant is also lovely and delicious-
The director of rooms, Erhan, is a Turkish Aussie; extremely helpful and friendly-I also received an upgrade, and had a beautiful room with a balcony and view of the AiyaSofia. I only wish I had more time to enjoy it, as I was running around trying to absorb the loveliness and culture of Istanbul. I couldn't have had a better stay or a more excellent and enjoyable experience! The gym/spa were also very useful/comforting and first rate, although the Bosphorus property is unmatchable. All around, an excellent experience, just too short!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Dear keentravel,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I have been with Four Seasons for the past 18 years and I was one of the proud ones to be here 15 years ago opening this property. It is trully a special place to work for.

Thank you very much for your very kind review and rating.

I am and feel very lucky to work with Erhan and the rest of the team. With your permission I would like to share your comments with all.

Please keentravel, if in the future I may be of assistance within Four Seasons or Istanbul please let me know. My email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Felix

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed here in July 2011, walked to every major site . . . Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Topkapi Palace and Grand Bazaar. This was an old jail and it's been refurbished beautifully. The staff was incredibly helpful and soooo nice! Food in the restaurant was above average, good for breakfast mainly, but the hotel is around the corner from a street filled with lots of restaurants . . . get a recommendation from the hotel on the best. Go to the Aya Sofia Turkish Bath another recommendation from the hotel . . . it was amazing and again around the corner, literally. Loved our stay at this hotel in Istanbul, much better location than the Four Seasons Bosphorus, I would recommend staying in the old city NOT on the Bosphorus side, the traffic is horrific, worse than any I've seen in the US. You'd always need a cab ride across the Galata Bridge to get to the main sights from a Bosphorus hotels.

Room Tip: Might be quieter with a room facing the gorgeous courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emaock
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed at the four seasons for three nights,sept9to the 11th.
We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. We only stay in 5 star hotels. This hotel really exceeded our expectations. It is new and the details in the rooms are really well thought out. The room was huge and really quite overlooking the courtyard. The espresso machine in the room got a work out.
The fitness room was fine. The staff was genuine and truly desired to help and insure we had a great experience. The location of the hotel in the old part of town is walking distance to mayor attractions, but we recommend one of the guide services such as Sea Song because it is half the price of any in Europe and the guides and vans were terrific.
The breakfast Buffett is truly one of the best in the world.

Room Tip: Windows are really thick and operable.for quite chose the courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chevydallas
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Chevydallas,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet and I feel motivated after reading your review.

Truth to be told, we do not have the Nespresso machines in all rooms yet. Your comment helps us encourage to continue growing our program.

With your permission Chevydallas I would love to share your comments and rating with the rest of the team. Thank you very much.

Please let me know how I may be of assistance in the future, my email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Cordially,

Felix

P.S. The team go excited about the breakfast enhancement and last night we commenced our Dinner real charcoal grill in the courtyard... Fresh daily catch, and also prime cuts.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Great location for many of the attractions and it's Four Seasons...need I say more.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple