“Above & Beyond”

Ranked #198 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Houston, Texas
“Above & Beyond”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Absolutely impeccable service. The front desk staff is simply marvelous. They went above and beyond to accommodate us, plan day events for us, give us excellent directions, arrange for shuttles to and from venues, and patiently changing schedules to humor our whims. We could not have asked for more.

The hotel itself is perfectly located in the heart of the Sultanahmet/historic district, conveniently accessible to all attractions, shops, bazaar, and cafes. The hotel is very charming, vintage in décor yet most comfortable. The beds were solid, the room was clean, the bathroom was well lit, and best of all was the shower.

The rooftop restaurant was first class and the breakfast on the terrace every morning was the icing on the cake. The spectacular view alone made this hotel stay worthwhile.

Yes, we will most definitely return, and highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 205 and the view was of the street with charming shops, blooming trees and nice bu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katzzam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is one of the nicest independent hotels I have had the good fortune to be able to stay at. The location, as noted by other reviewers, is superb -located in a quiet neighborhood a few steps from the Hagia Sophia, Cistern,Topkapi Palace and Blue Mosque, with the Grand Bazaar about 15 minutes walk thru a busy but safe commercial area. Trams to Taksim Square and other parts of the city are within the same area as are numerous tour bus embarkation points. The Seven Hills is immaculately clean, with adequate hot water, good water pressure; beds are comfortable and rooms are well lit, TV channels include the BBC and CNN. The heat/ac can be adjusted by guests - the heat did work very well! There is free wireless throughout the hotel. Rooms include Tea/coffee set up, hair dryer, minibar (charge).

The staff went out of their way to ensure that our airport transfers were timely (someone was waiting for us with our name on a sign when we staggered off our 10 hour flight) and reasonably priced. The restaurant serves a great breakfast buffet, and the manager gladly accomodated requests for scrambled eggs, etc. There is nothing better than starting your day by having breakfast al fresco on a sunny balcony overlooking the Sea of Marmara. At dinner time, consider eating at the hotel - the food is delicious, and the view may bring you to tears as it is so beautiful!

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor, there was some street noise in the evening and early morning but it...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank redwrangler
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We just came back from a stay at the Seven hills, Istanbul. I booked the hotel after I read many positive reviews on Trip advisor. I have to agree, the location is absolutely lovely! You can't get any closer than this to the highlights of Istanbul. We visited all attractions, and never took a cab!
The staff at the hotel is one of the friendliest I have ever met! Everything was met with promptness. Everything we asked for, we received in a heartbeat. The bed was too hard for my back. As soon as I mentioned it, I received extra blanket to lay on. We travelled with a one year old baby, and the crib was great. Overall, the beds and the room was clean. The breakfast buffet nice, and the there is a nice gentleman at the breakfast that is very helpful and will bring you anything you need.
The fact that this hotel is in such a great location, comes with one small disadvantage. The noise. People are out late and therefore you can hear them in the middle of the night talking on the streets. Restaurants are a bit pricey in that area compared to other areas of Istanbul.
But if you are a person that prefers to walk and have everything in walking distance, this is the best place to go! A small lovely hotel with very friendly people.
I also recommend the airport transfers arranged from the hotel. Nice, clean private car.
We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the road are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JVT113
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We booked on line and were delighted to find that the hotel location could not be improved, a short walk to the Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace also very near an official tourist office and the excellent tramway. The staff were absolutely charming and our room was upgraded without asking as we were there in low season (early February). The breakfast was excellent with lovely fresh fruit, honey, cheeses milk products as well as more western foods. The view from the restaurant is quite fabulous of the Mosque and Hagia Sofia. There is a rooftop terrace which was undergoing maintenance whilst we were there but since it was too cold to sit in it this seemed to be a good time for the upgrades and I am sure that it will be totally gorgeous and accessible by summer. The room was very large and comfortable and the service very helpful. I would certainly stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked a last-minute room (literally an hour before leaving for the airport for a business trip) on the recommendation of a friend who had stayed here in 2005- I knew the place must have been a great find, as my friend kept this business card for 8 years just in case he ever returned.

When I checked in, they offered me water, and upgraded me to one of the "Presidential Suites," despite the fact that I had booked the cheapest rate online. The room is exquisite- a corner unit with a wrap around balcony opening up to views of the sea and the Blue Mosque! The decor is a comfortable, yet opulent, modern take on Ottoman style with a large and comfortable king-size bed, a jacuzzi tub, and a stocked mini-fridge.

The complimentary breakfast is on the roof, with expansive views of the old city and the sea- I literally lingered for more than an hour, taking it all in. The food was excellent, the service on-point, and my only regret is that I need to leave today to fly to the Eastern part of the country.

Certainly, I will be back- in fact, I think I will be the one saving this business card for whenever the next time is that I have the pleasure of traveling again to Istanbul, one of the most magical cities in the world.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank HumanitarianPrincess
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Seven Hills Hotel is located perfectly for visiting the sites of Istanbul. A few blocks from the Blue Mosque and the Palace. Views from this hotel are increadible. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was pleantiful. The staff of the hotel was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel for visits to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the room with a view of the Bosphorus. This includes a balcony. Well worth...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan R
British Columbia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at the Seven Hills hotel for four nights during November 2012. I have visited Istanbul on several occasions, and I always stay at the Seven Hills while in town. The hotel is clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, and the location is perfect for touring Istanbul's wonderful sights (the tram line is nearby too, so if you want to venture further afield, transportation is accessible). Beyond these attributes, it is the staff at the Seven Hills that keeps me returning to the property. Seckin, Ozan, and their team work hard to create a friendly, enjoyable atmosphere. Upon return from a day of exploring, the staff is welcoming and interested in how you have spent your day - and will help you plan your next excursion. Many thanks to Seckin who arranged taxis to a couple of remote locations - we wouldn't have made our deadlines (or the Galatasary game) otherwise! I have recommended this hotel to friends, and won’t hesitate to stay at the Seven Hills upon my return to Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends