“Not really Conrad”

Ranked #79 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Moscow, Russia
“Not really Conrad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in a few Contads before and even have been maintaining the Diamond status for many years so I always had a filing that Conrad hotel is a hi-end of hiltons that is hardly applicable to this facility.
The rooms are more or less standard size not oversized at all with a tiny bathroom. Clean, just renovated. Sound isation is poor, heard people laughing at the neighnourjng room very well. Also onthe ceiling of the room there are leds from fire alarm and a motion sensor that blinked at night and drove my wife crazy.
The veiw on Bosphorus from some rooms is fantastic but it should be higher than 7th floor and not all rooms maybe 10 % at best because the building is round.
The hotel is now at reconstruction and open only on maybe 50 %, but reconstruction is well done because we did not have any problem from it.
The exec lounge is nice with great view but very small it was overcrowded even with half of the hotel closed.
Bar on the top is also nice the same view, service is friendly but the champaign despite the price of almost 50 usd per glass was stale and corky we changed a few sorts and it was all the same, probably not so many want to pay those crazy prices.
My wife was in Spa and said that it was very average.
Tennis court despite terrifying outlook is very well maintained clay the old guy who looks after the club is real professional and know what he does, but the hotel ought to spend some money too. One court is open and a two are under the plastic roof, the smell from this plastic was so strong so I felt it even paying outside, could not be inside more than 5 minutes. But maybe it was only me who noticed this because I so some locals played inside.
Service was ok, no turn down service during 3 days, reception tried to sell me my diamond upgrade (but it is East so you must be ready for the tricks even in Conrad). We celebrated my wife birthday and the reception told me that they would deliver a cake in the room that I declined because my wife would not eat cake especially in the room, I said that that they could send flowers instead but we did not see either.
As Dimond benefit I do not understand whatI have got, I paid for a room with bosphor view and got one with a view partly obscured with a building, we had daily plate with a few pieces of cut fruits in the room not sure was it my diamond fruit basket of presnt to my wife's birthday. Access to the lounge we surely had.
Location is good if you want to be in Besiktas, otherwise not so good, it is in the middle of permanent Besiktas traffic jump (day and night) and to get anywhere any direction from here takes minimum 30 min by taxi.
The only thing that justify my stay here was tennis club otherwise complete waste of money.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank R0manero
Daniele F, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your recent stay.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on here. It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. I am sincerely sorry to hear that your stay with us did not uphold to the Conrad standards and excellence we strive to deliver consistently. Your elaborate feedback will be extremely valuable as it provides us with an opportunity to assess and improve our service at every level.

Despite this recent experience, I sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Istanbul. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require.

Kind regards,
Daniele Fabbri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night at the end of March in this luxury hotel situated on the Asian side of Istanbul. A little way from some of the important sites in this Ancient city however taxis are cheap.
Room was luxury. Meals are great as you would expect from a Hilton hotel. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments, and I look forward to welcome you back at Conrad in not too distant future.

Huber Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel was without question the best hotel we have ever stayed in. It was within walking distance to many restaurants and the Bosphorus. This was a 5 star hotel but I would have given it more stars if it was possible. The hotel is being renovated and we were given one of the newer rooms which was impressive. We will always stay at this hotel from this point forward.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in Istanbul.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.
I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul.

Regards,
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very well maintained hotel with excellent staff. Stayed with them few times and found the same level of service. The executive lounge has excellent view of the Bosphorous. Food is bit expensive as this is a high class hotel. Has all the amenities and is very well maintained. It boasts of three tennis courts, one of which is covered during winters for year round use. Swimming pool is also very good. Rooms are good with good sleep quality. Near stores and food joints are easily accessible. In all a pleasant experience to first timers as well as seasoned visitors to Istanbul.

Room Tip: For non-smokers, it is advisable to check the room physically before settling down. Due to lots of s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Daniele F, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this candid feedback and for your custom.
I thank you once more for choosing the Conrad for your stays in Istanbul and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Arrived late and left early so not as good an opportunity to really test this hotel. Staff were friendly and efficient, room was ok - not sure if it was a refurbished one or not but suspect not. Shower was cool rather than hot but I got it to work. The Nespresso machine was great. View (at the back) was a noisy building site even at 7.30 in the morning. Apparently the refurbishment is going on which I found out from a note hidden on the desk just before I left - would have been nice if it had been mentioned when I checked in...

Dear Guest,

Please be assured that all your comments have been addressed.

Thank you again for your constructive criticism, which helps to motivate us in our efforts to serve you better. We take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Conrad Istanbul for your stay and look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very friendly staff and clean hotel. You get what you expect. Location is great, close to all main attractions and shopping centers. Recommended for business and leisure travelers. The breakfast is decent and tasty

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Daniele F, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, March 29, 2014

Odessa, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very clean and quite appartments, friendly and polite stuff. Quite satisfied with quality of served food. The only issue bad WiFI internet in guest room... Can recomend to people whom don't use internet on regular base for work. Except this thing everything is ok.

Dear Guest,

Please be assured that your comments have been addressed.