“What You Would Expect”

Ranked #85 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Palm Beach, Florida
“What You Would Expect”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband has Diamond status with Hilton Honors so he wanted to stay within the Hilton family while visiting Istanbul. The hotel itself was very nice. We stayed in a corner room on the Executive level with beautiful views of the Bosporus and bridge. The room was recently remodeled and had everything we needed (including a really good hairdryer for wondering women). The bathroom was very nicely updated with a glass shower and separate soaking tub. The Executive lounge is very nice. I wouldn't say it's the best I've ever been to but it wasn't the worst either. The views are phenomenal from the patio and the breakfast was very nice each and relaxing each morning. That being said, if you are in Istanbul to site see, this is not the best location. There are a few restaurants down the hill from the hotel but it is located near a university so you're more likely to get McDonald's then a nice dinner. The tram is about a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel if you don't mind a longer stroll and will take you across the bridge to Old Town where most of the sites are. Each trip is 6TL per person. Dolmabahce Palace is about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. The airport is about a 45 minute drive. Overall, I enjoyed the hotel itself but not the location.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a view of the Bosporus when booking. Otherwise you will be looking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mackenzie L
Daniele F, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in September.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a detailed review. I am pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.

I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at the Conrad before and after a 12 day tour through Turkey - and was impressed with the breakfast and size of rooms. In terms of service and cleanliness you can compare it with any other 5 star hotel in the world. The hotel is 5 star world standard, not Turkish Standards (which sometime are a bot questionable).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on here.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at Conrad Istanbul .

Kind Regards,
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night (in Istanbul for the Champions League game).
This was great value, nice room, lovely shower, comfortable bed and good amenities.
Whilst my "deluxe city view room" was 4th floor overlooking a building site!! the view from the Summit Bar at 1am more than made up for it.
Friendly staff, handy location, with a beautiful lobby, I would recommend it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in Istanbul.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is not an hotel that I can honestly recommend, much as I would have liked to. I stayed here for two nights in February on a short business trip– I thought I would give it a try this trip because although I visit Istanbul regularly, I had never stayed in the Conrad before.

I was met by a very pleasant lady on the ground floor who personally took me to the 15th Floor Exec Reception area. Good start, I thought.

I used the Executive Lounge which was fully up to scratch, had a great “Istanbul at night” view and staffed by very nice people who unfortunately had no authority to do anything about my plight which I will describe later – however, they were friendly and that was nice to see in what can sometimes be an unfriendly city.
The 14th floor bar/restaurant provided a reasonably priced and quiet place to have dinner – it was fine and had great views over the Bosphorus (unlike my room which didn’t!)

My room 1222 was small, even by Istanbul standards but was fitted out well with the usual amenities – as I was on a flying business trip – it more or less provided all I needed. The IT in the room (indeed throughout the hotel) was fine and fast and free but the room was so noisy I could hear the man snoring next door during the night ! It was worse, much worse, during the day.

OK – they were undergoing renovations (which I was not warned about when booking) and at TL850 a night for a very small so called Executive Floor room (1222) with a “Bosphorus View” (a view yes, albeit at a very acute angle) it was a pricey building site from the moment I arrived. Hopefully when and if you visit the renovations may be finished and things may be better for you.

I arrived very tired after long travel and was looking forward to doing a little work and sleeping in the afternoon but in the room next door (at least it sounded like next door) the builders were, for hour after hour, using sledgehammers and drills to demolish something – the noise and vibration was so great that the walls of my room were actually shaking. Funny, I appreciate that renovations need to be done but when I complained about it, all I got was “sorry”. To me it is very poor service when a so called 5 star hotel do not warn people in advance about such problems, put them in a room that is right next to the renovation work even though they are obviously tired and need sleep and then say “sorry” but offer no solution. My only sanction is therefore to never stay there again and to warn all my friends and colleagues to do the same - the wellbeing of their guests is obviously not of major concern. Sorry Conrad Istanbul – this is simply not good enough.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the renovations !!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Daniele F, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your recent stay.

Thank you for taking the time out to post your comments on here. I am sincerely sorry to hear that your stay with us did not uphold to the Conrad standards and excellence we strive to deliver consistently. Follow-up actions will be taken based on your elaborate feedback.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Istanbul. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Kind regards,
Dubai, Japan
Reviewed February 25, 2014

It was a good stay except one problems. Wireless internet access from room was not available at the first time, but it was easily resolved. The experiense was matched to the relatively high room rate. Unless my company bookes this hotel, I would select a more economival hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this feedback.
I thank you once more for choosing the Conrad for your stays in Istanbul and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require in the future.

Kind Regards,
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a hotel at a great location. Some parts have just been renovated like my room. Tasteful, big bath, nice soap, better than the bulk stuff you normally get and a big rain shower. Air condition did not quite work so that is the only minus when it comes to the room. The lobby and the restaurant felt quite run down and the breakfast buffet quite mundane. The gym was great. One of the best I have been at least in Europe.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Daniele F, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your comments and the time taken to post them. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team, I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Because of my job, I frequently visit Istanbul for official travels. During these trips, I have stayed more than 15 different 5 star international hotels in Istanbul, and I would rate Conrad the best one to stay. Service quality and comfort of the rooms are the best one comparing to all others in Istanbul. We have been given a room looking at the Bosphorus, and luckily it was the Republican Day, and I had the opportunity to see all the fireworks show like I was in a helicopter over the Bosphorus. Breakfast is fantastic. I would reccommend for the couples and families.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to publish your comments. I have already shared them with our team and this will motivate us to keep working to seek service excellence for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future,