“Beautiful View of the Bosphorus”

Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #64 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My family stayed at this Conrad Hotel as a layover on our way to Germany. We got there earlier than check in and were sent upstairs to the executive lounge to check in and wait for our room to be ready. The view of the Bosphorus from the executive lounge is the highlight of this hotel. It's the real shining star. The rest is merely okay. The rooms are comfortable enough and the staff is warm and friendly. But comparing this hotel to the Hilton Istanbul and the Hilton wins hands down. The executive lounge at the Conrad is not nearly as well stocked, nor are the food choices as good. The rooms are smaller and while the views from the Conrad are a little better, they aren't enough better to merit going to the Conrad over the Hilton. The Hilton is a little closer to the action and much better stocked with larger rooms.

As I said, the staff is friendly. They even gave my young children wonderful Conrad Istanbul teddy bears. And it wasn't a bad time at all. I just liked the Hilton better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bosphorus.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hoagy74
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive comments and taking the time to post them.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Conrad in the near future.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

From the arrival experience to the departure, my stay has been extremely comfortable and I have received perfect service. I was welcomed by a very chic doorman who will take care of arranging taxis and other concierge type of service all along my stay; the position of the hotel is perfect for reaching any place on the european side of Istanbul. My luggage was taken directly to my room where I find it when I went to the room after a quick check-in procedure.The hotel is very clean everywhere, the view from the 14th floor bar terrasse (and from the 14th floor men's restroom, probably the best in the world :-) ) over the Bosphorous is just amazing, rooms are large with an easy to adjust temperature, good bathroom and amenities, a large bathtub, fluffy towels and slippers, large screen TV and huge window with curtains that really insulate from external light at night. A couple of improvements in the room's working area could be an ergonomic chair and more electricity sockets around the desk; but being the hotel under renovation, I suppose these aspects will be addressed. The hotel fulfills any expectation one can have from a 5* hotel, the stars are more than deserved, but what always leaves me impressed when I stay at the Conrad Istanbul is the outstanding professionality of the staff, without exception, taking the warmth of the Turkish sense of hospitality to the highest levels. Let them take care of you and you will enjoy it as much as me.

Room Tip: All rooms are just perfect. For those in search of views, opt for a room with Bosphorous view.

Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your comments and the time taken to post them. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team, this will motivate us to keep working for our ultimate goal, service excellence indeed.

Regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here with friends for a long weekend. As others have said, there is a major renovation underway, so the outside of the building looks a bit torn up. But we were not inconvenienced in any way by the work: no noise, no dust or problems. Staff is very attentive across the hotel. Roof top restaurant has amazing views of the city and excellent Turkish delicacies.

This is a first rate, international hotel, with prices to match. Far from the most expensive, but not a typical tourist place either. Location is a bit away from some major tourist spots, but cabs are cheap, and being in a quieter area is good. We will return because of the excellent service and very comfortable accommodations.

Room Tip: The end rooms have great sweeping views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Conrad in the nearest future.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great hotel that needs the renovation that was taking place during my visit. Spacious rooms, varied breakfast and lunch buffets and very friendly and helpful staff. Great view from the Summit bar on the 14th floor. Corridors can be upgraded.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that your stay as well as our service has met your expectations.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Conrad in the nearest future.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My daughter and I spent four days in Istanbul, on an extension of our Viking cruise of the Dneiper River in Ukraine. The Conrad is a lovely hotel, with large, airy rooms, excellent amenities and a very helpful and friendly staff. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. Not only was there a wide variety of hot and cold foods, plus fruits, juices, yogurt, breads and pastries, they also offered omelets made to order.
One afternoon, my daughter ordered a hamburger for lunch, but we had to leave for a tour before she was able to eat it, so the waiter packed the whole thing into a box lunch container for her to eat on the trip!
I would heartily recommend the Conrad to families, couples or groups. One of the most delightful aspects of the hotel is the 14th floor bar and lounge. In addition to a large indoor section with huge windows overlooking the Bosporus, there is an outdoor area with shade cloths offering respite from the sun and glass panels to moderate the winds. From this vantage point, you can watch the boat traffic on the Bosporus and watch the colored light show on the new bridge after dark. We spent a whole afternoon and evening there and enjoyed every minute.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to publish your comments. I have already shared them with our team and this will motivate us to keep working to seek service excellence for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Iňigo Arruti

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spend a very good days there, fell like staying at home. With a very nice view at the Bar in the top. good service and a very comfortable beds, clean rooms, clean bath. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends that would looking for a good hotels at Istanbul. also for business trips I will recommend it for meeting and confirances. wish all the best for the managment and all stuff in this hotel. Best Regards

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Thank Jaafar Qassim I... I
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this candid feedback and for your custom.
I thank you once more for choosing the Conrad for your stays in Istanbul and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Last June I had the chance to work in this wonderful city , this was my second visit in Istanbul and this time I choose to stay in this hotel. Thanks to my Hilton diamond level I was able to check-in in the 15th floor at the executive lounge and got room upgraded. I cannot compare with standard room , but the one I got was really nice and comfortable, the terrace and the lounge at 15 floor with their view over the Bosphorus are spectacular and it's a nice gift after a long working day. The food and drinks in the executive lounge in the evening were very good as well during the breakfast. Location is very convenient, specially for me that I had to work to the Asian side, so easy access to the bridge via taxi and to reach all the restaurant in Besiktas during the night. I been there during the Taksim square demonstration and I always I got all the assistance from the stuff which were very professional and available. From the first day of the check-in until all my two weeks stay I had the chance to be assisted by Cagla, with her availability, kindness and sweet and professional attitude I felt like a very special guest, I got very sick during the last days and she was really amazing trying to provide me all the needs. I will definitively recommend to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in Istanbul.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.
I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul.
Regards,