“Good Days”

Ranked #84 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Kirkuk, Iraq
“Good Days”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spend a very good days there, fell like staying at home. With a very nice view at the Bar in the top. good service and a very comfortable beds, clean rooms, clean bath. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends that would looking for a good hotels at Istanbul. also for business trips I will recommend it for meeting and confirances. wish all the best for the managment and all stuff in this hotel. Best Regards

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank Jaafar Qassim I... I
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this candid feedback and for your custom.
I thank you once more for choosing the Conrad for your stays in Istanbul and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require in the future.
Kind Regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Last June I had the chance to work in this wonderful city , this was my second visit in Istanbul and this time I choose to stay in this hotel. Thanks to my Hilton diamond level I was able to check-in in the 15th floor at the executive lounge and got room upgraded. I cannot compare with standard room , but the one I got was really nice and comfortable, the terrace and the lounge at 15 floor with their view over the Bosphorus are spectacular and it's a nice gift after a long working day. The food and drinks in the executive lounge in the evening were very good as well during the breakfast. Location is very convenient, specially for me that I had to work to the Asian side, so easy access to the bridge via taxi and to reach all the restaurant in Besiktas during the night. I been there during the Taksim square demonstration and I always I got all the assistance from the stuff which were very professional and available. From the first day of the check-in until all my two weeks stay I had the chance to be assisted by Cagla, with her availability, kindness and sweet and professional attitude I felt like a very special guest, I got very sick during the last days and she was really amazing trying to provide me all the needs. I will definitively recommend to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in Istanbul.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.
I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul.
Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here on my business trip and it was expensive but neither the food nor the room were great,it was really old and needs renovation,it is not situated right on the Bosphorus so you cannot always have a good view of the river from the room,unlike 4 seasons etc which are located very close to teh Bosphurus,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am sincerely sorry to hear that your stay with us did not uphold to the Conrad standards and excellence we strive to deliver consistently. Your elaborate feedback will be extremely valuable as it provides us with an opportunity to assess and improve our service at every level.

I hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require.

Kind regards,

San Diego, California
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed in the beautiful Conrad Hotel on our recent trip to Istanbul. The service was great, we had a beautiful room with views of the Bosphorus, and it was in a quiet and peaceful location - perfect to relax around the pool after sightseeing. We stayed on the concierge floor and greatly enjoyed access to the lovely roof terrace with cocktails and snacks in the evening and a breakfast buffet in the morning.

Room Tip: Get a full Bosphorus view on a higher floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Conrad in the nearest future.

Kind Regards,
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Synopsıs

The hotel stay was not wıthout dıffıcultıes. The renovatıon and upgrade of the hotel ıs causıng the management team sıtuatıons not accustomed with normal operatıon and although servıce areas were lackıng at tımes, the management team were, once aware, quıck to respond. The management team exceeded and changed my perspectıve of the hotel. Well done management team.

Revıew

Booked a 5 night stay at Conrad Istanbul.

We originally booked at the Hilton thinking the proximity to the attractions was better. Then due to the flash sale we booked the Conrad.

Hilton Honours Diamond Member. Booked the Bosphurus View Exec Room.

Used the Conrad Concierge App to book different pillows, dental kit and an airport transfer.

Airport transfer. Upon arriving at the airport there was no one waiting to transfer us to the Hotel. I made a call to the Hotel. The response; "you have made no booking, you are not on the system". No car was offered, we were directed to take a taxi which we did. Taxi cost 46TRY

Arrival at the hotel. We were informed we had been upgraded to the exec bosphurus view. I corrected him as this was the room we paid for. He agreed. He would not discuss the lack of airport transfer but acknowledged the other requests made. We asked if an upgrade was available. No upgrade given. We were allocated Room 1216.

The room. A poor view of the Bosphurus. The D100 bridge could be seen, the view was diminished due to the curvature of the building. Tired we retired to bed.

Later the next day we enter the lounge: there is a phone call for us...! The manager states he found the airport transfer and blames a system error. He sends Backlava to our room. A kind gesture. I was impressed as he did not have to admit he found the confirmed email.

The next day whilst sitting in the room. There is approxomately 45 minutes of workman noise, irritated i ring the front desk who are to their credit, immediately apologetic and offer to move room. We were offered room 725 which is a normal room with a connecting room. The room was dated but definately quieter. [Photos to be attached]. Room 725 had a much better view. Maınly due to the three wındows lookıng dırectly at the Bosphurus. The vısta was superb. I was appreciative to the guest manager for the change of rooms.

We ate in the Summit Bar, which had a local football match on. As this is the only place to eat in the hotel, we had no choice but to accept 'half hearted' service as the staff were watching the football and to eat our food to football noise and local supporters cheering.

The next day we ordered room servıce. We were able to use the large table ın the room whıch worked very well, we dıned whıle watchıng the boats move ın and out of the Bosphurus - the vısta provıded wıth the room move. Servıce was quıck and effıcent. Two starters, three maıns, puddıng and a bottle of Turkısh wıne 307TRY.

Lounge

The lounge food selection is one hot meat and one hot vegatarian. The appertifs are a small peice of rolled meat on a cut piece of bread. The other appertif offered was a triangle of vegatable. Only two appertifs were offered. There are nuts at all times.

Drinks selection is approx six spirits and a white and red bottles of wine. There are Efes beer in the fridge.

This lounge is not as per usual Conrad Lounges.

Pool and Fıtness

The servıce was excellent. The gym and equıpment are prıstıne. The pool ıs shallow (1.4M at the deepest) but ıs adequate for swımmıng.

Locatıon

The Conrad ıs approxımately 2Km from Kabatas. Kabatas ıs the transport hub to get to the old town and Taksım Square. The hotel ıs up a hıll.

There are plenty of local shops and cafes near the hotel but the maın attractıons are not close.

Complaint

I made one of the managers aware of the service we had experienced. The email was very similar to above, stating facts only. The management team were extroadinary in their response. They made alot of effort to ensure the rest of the stay was as comfortable as possible.

We appreciate that there were issues but the response could not have been better - I debated if in my review i should rate the property lower due to the issues, yet i decided that everyone makes mistakes and sometimes service will fall down and the reaction is what is important - here in the Conrad the management team could not have done more. We left not only happy but overwhelmed at how the hotel had made us feel - we even looked for presents at Heathrow T5 to send on to the management team - That is how impressed we were.

Conclusıon

I would stay at the Conrad Istanbul agaın.

The locatıon requıres taxıs or walkıng but we enjoyed the walk even ın November. I would be keen to see the hotel after the renovatıon. The parts whıch are renovated look very good. I would hope once the hotel ıs renovated a restaurant would open agaın on the premıses.

I would for future bookıng contact the management team and request a renovated room. The vısta ıs defınately worth payıng for. I have ıncluded a pıcture of the hotel layout so you can check the room allocatıon usıng the Conrad app and decıde ıf thıs room suıts your needs.

If you have ıssues speak to a manager, the response to ıssues ıs a credıt to the management team and the hotel.

My top tip - If you are dissatisfied - speak to the management team - they really did everything they could to make us feel comfortable and happy.

Of note:

The Meze Restaurant, this has closed down.

The Monet Restaurant, this only opens for breakfast and does not open as a restaurant in the evening.

This leaves the Summit Bar. I would like to think a hotel which advertises itself as a 5 Star Luxury Hotel could offer more than a Bar offering Food.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt_StarAlliance
Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your comments and the time taken to post them. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team, this will motivate us to keep working for our ultimate goal, service excellence indeed.

Regards,

Heardville,GA
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was my first trip to Istanbul and staying at the Conrad made my stay that much better.

Given my Hilton Diamond status I was upgraded to a room on the top (15th) floor.

The Pro's: Amazing views, especially from the concierge lounge and balcony. The room was very nice. Very clean and luxurious. I had a great city view. The concierge and concierge lounge both provided great service. Adequate breakfast, snacks drinks and dessert in the lounge. Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff.

The Con's: I had to ask twice before getting the heat repaired and functioning in my room. The only restaurant currently open in the hotel is the Summit Grille Lounge. The second night I dined there I was offered a less than preferred table in the half empty restaurant. When I requested to sit at one of the tables at the window, I was told it was reserved yet no one was seated in those tables for the duration of my visit that night.

If I return, I will definitely be booking my stay at the Conrad again.

Room Tip: Access to the concierge lounge is worth your while even if you have to pay for it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris C
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to publish your comments. I have already shared them with our team and this will motivate us to keep working to seek service excellence for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Iňigo Arruti
Bahrain
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Pros: large enough room, clean, not bad lobby, excellent breakfast, great tour options available
Cons: A bit far away from major tourist points, located at the periphery of most attractions and not center + we weren't given a nice view.
Would I stay here again? No.
Why? There are better options around, but this place is decent

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and thank you once more for choosing the Conrad . I am hoping to be able to welcome you back at Conrad to one of our new rooms in your future trip to Istanbul.