“One of the best in Istanbul”

Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #79 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
“One of the best in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Excellent view, hospitalityand confort. We stayed at wedding day and it was amasing. One of the best in Istanbul.
They sent a bottle of Champagne as a gift. Rooms are ok. We choose a deluxe suit room. 2 bathroom, huge living room, bedroom. And again: best Bosphorus view in Istanbul.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Adem K
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to congragulate you and on behalf of the Conrad Istanbul family I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us.

In regards to the rooms; we have started the renovation of our rooms and suites. The renovation will be undertaken in different phases and during this period the hotel will remain open and continue offering its services. We sincerely hope that this will enhance the comfort and appeal of our rooms and ensures that our valuable guests such as yourself have a perfect stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wokingham, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

After reading other reviews about the location of the Conrad I wondered if I had regretted booking here but I had no regrets at all.

We arrived at the hotel and approached the check in desk in the lobby. Upon noticing my Hilton Hhonors status I was asked to go straight to the check in desk on the executive 15th floor. When I arrived there the lobby check in man obviously notified them as I was expected which I thought was a nice touch. I was upgraded to a room on the executive floor which also gave access to the Executive Lounge. The room had a city view, was very clean and nicely furnished.

The Executive Lounge I found was busy at certain times but only once did we have to hang around for a seat. The breakfast here had limited offerings but I have to say suited me fine. I know I had the option of going downstairs to the main restaurant which had more choice but the views from the lounge over Istanbul are excellent and worth it for that alone. We also made use of the lounge at other times of the day and felt the food and drink offerings were very good.

We ate twice in Meze restaurant. Both times the food was of a very high standard and I felt very reasonably priced for a city centre hotel. We were disappointed that the Monet restaurant was closed each evening we were there as it would have been nice to have sampled that as well. The Monet Patisserie was very nice and again I can't fault the food or coffee which was of a high standard.

The spa, gym and pool were also good and were never busy meaning you could always do what you went to do whether that was swim, gym or relax in the steam room!

We arranged a cruise of Istanbul through the Concierge (she was excellent by the way!). The tour company Hilton use I was very impressed by. They were very professional compared to some tour companies I have used in the past. Even although the hotel promotes the tours I felt they were very reasonably priced. In other hotels I have found that their own promoted tours are vastly inflated, but not here.

The location of the hotel didn't pose too much of a problem to me. It is very conveniently located for the ferries to the Asian side. We didn't use taxis but walked most of the time and this wasn't really too much of an issue and its only really 25 minutes to Taksim Square but walking does enable you to see a lot more I feel.

Without exception all the staff I spoke to or interacted with in the hotel were extremely friendly and welcoming. I would certainly stay here again if I'm ever in Istanbul again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in March.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a detailed review about our hotel, your feedback and comments allows other reviewers to get an insight about our hotel and our services.
I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.
I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul.

Regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We are two women On a first tourist trip to istanbul. We felt very safe walking to and from this location. absolutely no problems.

Excellent hotel and renovations not really an issue. Good location as offered opportunity to either walk to tourist bit Sultanahmet (nice walk. about half an hour walk along the Bosphorus) or get a ferry or tram. Although very close to a suburb offering plenty of shops, bars, places to eat. On arrival I asked for an re furnished room and got a free upgrade to a room on tenth floor with Bosphorus view. Staff very helpful and even though this is geared towards business people we were treated no differently by staff on hotel or on summit bar regardless of how we were dressed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to publish your comments.
I have already shared them with our team and this will motivate us to keep working to seek service excellence for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future,
Iňigo Arruti
Yokohama, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

After 3weeks around Turkey with old, cheap, small hotels I took this hotel for 2 nights before back home. I'm not sure with my feelings or was it the hotel that made me happy? Rooms were clean and location was fantastic for me. Slept almost 2full days after 3 tired weeks around so the beds were like heaven.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this candid feedback and for your custom.

I thank you once more for choosing the Conrad for your stays in Istanbul and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require in the future.

Kind Regards,
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Clean, comfortable, spacious room with amenities. Convenient location. Very good breakfast experience. Note: Reception personnel never asks for club memberships (frequent flyer miles, HHonors, etc.) You do not remember to mention them, c'est la vie.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review, and for your positive comments. I also would like to thank you for your constructive feedback as this has been shared with the respective department head.

Kind Regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I chose this hotel because of a great rate offered by the hotel but i think the reason was that there is a massive renovation underway at the hotel. This means that during the day, it is very loud and noisy - jackhammering etc all around, so not really a place you can work from during the day, unless they have rooms that are distant from the noise. On the other hand, if you get a view w/ nice views on a high floor and don't need to be in your room during the day, it's a wonderful place to stay, with wonderful service. the executive package upgrade is worthwhile covering internet, breakfast (which is great) and access to the lounge where you can have meetings etc. the fitness center is also lovely. one thing to keep in mind is that this is a hotel where you must take a taxi to go anywhere. you can't just walk out of your room and walk to a restaurant etc. the service is also very good.

Room Tip: make sure that "bosphorus" view room is real view not angle view and make sure to check wh...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our services.

As you have stated, we have started the renovation of our rooms and suites which will be undertaken in different phases and during this period the hotel will remain open and continue offering its services. Your comments will help us target better all those aspects we need to improve during this process.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a 4 day business trip to the beautiful city of Istanbul. On check in the staff suggested we upgrade to the executive floor - which was a good move - breakfast, internet and happy hour more than covered the extra cost. Rooms were nice and as with many hotels, the rooms are overheated during winter - however unlike many hotels I have stayed in, you could open windows and coolthe room down quickly. The executive lounge was on the top floor with the most amazing views along the Bosphoros - a great out door patio that would be buzzing in summer!

Room Tip: all good, take the executive package!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in Istanbul.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, Iplease be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.

Regards,