“lovely hotel w amazing views but beware construction underway”

Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #69 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I chose this hotel because of a great rate offered by the hotel but i think the reason was that there is a massive renovation underway at the hotel. This means that during the day, it is very loud and noisy - jackhammering etc all around, so not really a place you can work from during the day, unless they have rooms that are distant from the noise. On the other hand, if you get a view w/ nice views on a high floor and don't need to be in your room during the day, it's a wonderful place to stay, with wonderful service. the executive package upgrade is worthwhile covering internet, breakfast (which is great) and access to the lounge where you can have meetings etc. the fitness center is also lovely. one thing to keep in mind is that this is a hotel where you must take a taxi to go anywhere. you can't just walk out of your room and walk to a restaurant etc. the service is also very good.

Room Tip: make sure that "bosphorus" view room is real view not angle view and make sure to check wh...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our services.

As you have stated, we have started the renovation of our rooms and suites which will be undertaken in different phases and during this period the hotel will remain open and continue offering its services. Your comments will help us target better all those aspects we need to improve during this process.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a 4 day business trip to the beautiful city of Istanbul. On check in the staff suggested we upgrade to the executive floor - which was a good move - breakfast, internet and happy hour more than covered the extra cost. Rooms were nice and as with many hotels, the rooms are overheated during winter - however unlike many hotels I have stayed in, you could open windows and coolthe room down quickly. The executive lounge was on the top floor with the most amazing views along the Bosphoros - a great out door patio that would be buzzing in summer!

Room Tip: all good, take the executive package!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Conrad for your stay in Istanbul.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, Iplease be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.
I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Title's:
What you need:Money
What you will get:Luxury
Who will like this place:Travelers&Businessmans
Actually I never stay a night at Conrad. I went to a party with some friends, at a wonderful dinner then went rooms. A unexpected occasion appeared so we went out but this wasn't Conrad's fault. I can only say that the normal(I never saw a business or king one so I don't have a comment) room is luxurious with beds, comfortable with baths and fresh with balcony. This hotel is for everyone, for visitors, for businessman or for local people, it doesn't matter!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your comments and the time taken to post them
I thank you once more for choosing the Conrad for your stays in Istanbul and look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the Conrad Istanbul

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Athough the rooms are tired, they are equipped to a high standard. Bathroom spotless and nice toiletries, hair drier and bathrobe. Room very comfortable, although what did disturb me was the whirring noise of the fridge, so much so that i tried to unplug the thing.
Bed comfortable.
Breakfast very nice indeed, super choice.
Personnel were great.

Room Tip: Check that your room doesnt have a noisy fridge !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Germany63
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your comments and the time taken to post them.

Please rest assured that your constructive feedback has been shared with the related department head as we continuously look for ways to improve our services.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here on business and at first thought it was a bit tatty especially have reading a letter in the room saying that 70% of rooms had been renovated over the past year meaning I was dissappointed to get one of the old ones. The hotel did grow on me thought and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay:

Good points:

- very helpful and friendly staff (above what is expected)
- the place felt very homely which is always a good thing I think when your away from your actual home. I felt very comfortable here very quickly which not many hotels manage to replicate
- room was very big and had all amenities you would expect
- location is excellent and within walking distance of the Besiktas ferry pier and shops/restaurants at the bottom of the hill. Not a great location for tourists but for business depending on where your going it is pretty central and about a 10 mins taxi (10l) from Taxsim.
- food was very good and the executive club was a good edition and a nice place to relax (when there was room). Full breakfast buffet was very good.
- good health club facilities
- door man and concierge were very helpful with arranging travel and advice
- they had a shoe shiner which was a cool edition

Bad Points:

-wifi was awful, kept cutting out. They wanted a high price for it and it was unreliable
- the sound of water pipes at night kept me awake. This could have been due to the building works but non the less it was noisy
- they have a sell up offer of 100L per day to include wifi, breakfast and access to the executive club. The club was nearly always full (especially at night when the hot food was out), wifi wouldn't work so I would not recommend getting this.
- they have a gift shop where the lady who worked there was very rude and forceful and her prices were rediculous. I expect that in the bazar but not in the hotel
- health club changing rooms could do with some renovation as we're a bit dated
- rooms were dated in part with worn carpet, scratches on desk etc
- check out took a while due to a huge queue which wasn't great when in a rush

These bad points may seem harsh but they are things I look for and are important to me when choosing a hotel. I would certainly recommend this hotel to stay in and I enjoy my time here and will come back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jamsimsafc

Dear Guest,

Above all I want to thank you for the time taken to share these comments with us.

Regarding the room condition, I am sorry to learn that it was not at the level you expected. However there must be a misunderstanding with the message in the letter, as we have started the renovation of our rooms and suites, we will have first rooms ready by mid this year and all renovation will be finalized mid next year.The renovation will also comprehend in public areas and SPAas well, therefore we sincerely hope that this will enhance the comfort and will ensure that our valuable guests such as yourself to have a perfect stay with us.

Regarding your comments about the Executive lounge, gift shop and internet, I have also shared these with related responsible persons and your feedback will be taken into account in order to improve our services.

I would like to thank your for your comments once again which are very useful and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to stay overnight in Conrad Istanbul, but can definitely recommend it for lunch. Very delicious food and wide selection of the dishes on the buffet. From bar upstairs - amazong view to Bosphorus! Enjoy it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
inigoarruti, Manager at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to publish your comments. I have already shared them with our team and this will motivate us to keep working to seek service excellence for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Iňigo Arruti

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed for two nights on business. Even though I had a heavy cold, I found myself enjoying the stay. The bathroom was very clean but did look a little tired. The rest of the hotel looked great. I'll certainly stay there next time in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Great views on the Bosphorus side at least.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and please rest assured that positive comments have been shared with all team members.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and we have met your expectations.