2,107 results
All reviews tugra restaurant infinity pool park view bosphorus view four seasons beautiful hotel ottoman empire turkish restaurant breakfast buffet is turkey spent nights asian side turkish delight old city luxury concierge ortakoy
Reviewed October 25, 2015

The location right on the Bosphorus is beautiful. Walking distance to the Ortakoy mosque and nice public square there. Traffic along the Bosphorus and into town tho is really heavy and can take a long time. Much as I enjoyed the view, the traffic was very frustrating. The lobby is luxurious and large, slightly off putting in its formality, but attractive. there are several restaurants from casual to very formal, two that front on and open to the lovely grounds and overlook the Bosphorus, with outside and indoor seating. The other restaurant is in the old palace section. Nice to sit outside at one of the restaurants/bars and watch the traffic on the Strait. Good service and good food, tho expensive drinks and food. The exterior setting for the very large pool is lovely, right on the Strait with plenty of lounge area around it.There is a walkway along the strait where you can go to see the Palace from the outside to admire the architecture which I loved to see. All very well arranged.
There is an indoor pool , much smaller, workout room (small) and spa. Nice, tho the gym can get full fast with 3 people in it!
Our room was partial Bosphorus view, with a view towards the Ortakoy mosque and the Bosphorus Bridge which was nice. Huge balcony with chairs and cocktail table which was nice for drinks or breakfast. The room was a good size and wonderfully arranged for travelers. Comfortable bed, crisp white sheets with excellent bedside lighting. Desk with adequate recharging plugs and a comfortable arm chair. Sliding glass doors to the balcony and the view. The closet area was huge for storage-wonderful for a change to fully unpack and be able to store everything. Bathroom was very nice, large and inviting. My only problem was that the shower handle came off in my hands and water came shooting out as I was getting ready to head for the airport! Very distracting and difficult to hurry to get ready. Wifi was easy and fast, a blessing for those of us on the road a lot

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chicago60604
Reviewed October 25, 2015 via mobile

I went there after a long day of touristic activities. It was just what i needed to relax and break my day. The afternoon tea was so generous and the variety of bites was delicious. They are very creative in their mixes and each bite was of different composition and unexpected taste. Everyone was nice and welcoming. Do go for a luxurious afternoon break.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2015

My wife and I stayed at the Ciragan Palace Kempinski during a recent trip to Turkey. We had previously stayed at the W Hotel Istanbul and through we would give this a try. Even though it is double the price of the W Hotel, it is well worth the visit.

We booked a package that included two nights accommodation, breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner at the Tugra Restaurant on one night. We were met by name at the front door, even though we arrived in our own transport. We found the staff friendly and helpful. Some people have commented about the airport like security to enter the hotel foyer, but we were not fazed by this ... particularly in the current climate.

After check-in, we were shown to our room. The room was extremely well appointed, very spacious, and we a large balcony overlooking the Bosphorus. The room has everything you could possibly want, and the quality of the furnishings is of a very high standard.

The hotel is really a resort in the middle of the city. It is situated on a large parcel of land and several gardens, numerous indoor and outdoor dinning areas, and three large swimming pools. The gardens have a wide range of sitting areas, hammocks, and gazebos. This provides ample opportunity to relax in the company of others or to find a quite and private location to spend quality time with your partner. Although there were some children at the hotel, they were not many and were generally well behaved.

The quality of the food in the various restaurants is excellent. The breakfast buffet is one of the largest I have seen anywhere in the world. It covers the size of most hotel restaurants ... and that's just for the food. There is something to eat from every part of the world. The afternoon tea was also up there with the best. The quality of the sandwiches and cakes was very high. The dinner in the signature restaurant was also exceptional.

The only niggles were a couple of children in the pool who seemed to delight in splashing people seating on the lounges at the pools edge. Although not intentional, it was clear that they were not concerned with the comfort of other guests. Their parents did not intervene and the pool staff turned a blind eye. Later, other staff became involved and rectified the situation. The kids then understood the benefit of playing at the end of the pool that did not concern other guests. Also, there was a very large celebrity wedding on the forecourt in front of the signature restaurant. This was a little disappointing, given that the sound and light stage (large enough for a concert!!) interrupted the views of the Bosphorus and bridge (the hotel advertise this as one of the most romantic dinner locations in Istanbul ... which would be the case when the hotel is not hosting a wedding). Nevertheless, it was fun to watch the fireworks and festivities of the celebrity wedding. Although the food was generally excellent, the pool side food options were not great value for money. Instead of eating by the pool, I would recommend using one of the outdoor or indoor restaurants for a better dining experience.

Overall, this is a great hotel that provides an opulent and relaxing space in which to unwind and enjoy the ambience of central Istanbul without the hustle and bustle of this vibrant city. It is a great sanctuary from which to explore Istanbul. I would recommend this hotel to anyone is is looking for a quality hotel experience that has excellent service, excellent amenities and a variety of great food.

Room tip: A room overlooking the Bosphorus is well worth the money.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2015 via mobile

I spent a really good time in Kempinski!
Everything was beautiful!
The room was excellent and really clean!
The breakfast was excellent too with a lot of food.
The wellness place is absolutely nice
The hotel's place is really beautiful with wonderful view.
Hope I can come back soon!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2015 via mobile

I travel a lot and stay at luxurious hotel but this place has to be my favorite to date. It really is like a places and has everything you can ask for. I hardly ever say I would return to the same place twice as I like to explore but this place is one I would defiantly return to and also viligandu in Maldives. Ciragan palace has had one of the best breakfasts spreads I have ever seen plus a great dinner buffet. Highly recommend it, was worth every penny. And yes they now have shisha too