First and foremost, if you land during the day i would recommend organising an airport transfer. It costs EUR 30-40 (don't do it through the hotel as will cost closer to EUR 150). The traffic is so bad in this city of 20 odd million people that a metered taxi could cost a fortune. That said the drivers will normally give you the option of a coast or highway route, pretty self explanantory.
The Ciragan Palace is by far the most viually impressive property on the Bosphorus... not the actual hotel rooms, they are in a fairly unimaginative 70s style block. But the Palace itself is stunning and the views are absolutely incredible.
The interior of the hotel and the rooms are marginally dated but still impressive. The rooms have everything that you would expect and the hotel is well kitted out with gym/pool/sauna/business centre etc.
The pool and veranda areas are lovely. The food at the pool was not great, but functional. If you are in a group I would check the bill as there was often unintentional duplication of orders.
The staff were very nice and tended to our requests quickly although do beware of the concierge when asking advice. We asked for a recommendation to watch some rugby on a saturday morning and the venue was no longer open... this was a request made before our arrival so they had plenty of time to check! Verify for yourself what they recommend.
Overal, this hotel due to its location and the palace frontage is worth being in purely for those reasons. You may find hotels with slightly better rooms or service elsewhere but to be sat looking out at the view that the Ciragan Palace provides is stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul