Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$194
$163
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$34
$110
$117
$118
Orbitz.com
1,965 results
All reviewstugra restaurantinfinity poolpark viewbosphorus viewottoman empirebeautiful hotelbreakfast buffet isturkeyasian sideturkish delightold cityluxuryconciergeortakoybosphorosdoormanships
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at the deluxe bosphorus view room in May. The room has a huge balcony facing the bosphorus ,it was so scenic watching the ships stroll by amidst prayer calls from old ottoman mosques.I loved dining at the Turgan turkish restaurant which is located at the ciragan palace.Everything we ordered was top notch perfect. The breakfast buffet was lovely,You must try the traditional turkish eggs shakshooka&menemen with local limit bread.Another must to try tis kaymac(clotted cream) with honeycomb and simit turkish bread.The traditional turkish chai is everflowing during breakfast,they refill once it gets cold.

But one thing i stress you try is the turkish bath,i chose the shehrazade package.My therapist was called Gul/Rose(You have to ask for her).First we go into the steam room for 5 minutes,then we enter the turkish bath.She splashes water on you while exfoliating you with a loofah.Then she would sing traditional beautiful songs while lathering soap and scrubbing my tired limbs from walking.Afterwards she washes and conditions your hair.Was a nice experience.

I def recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Deluxe bosphorus view gets the central balcony view,the othe room has side balcony view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tulips76
Reviewed May 16, 2014

BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS. IT STARTS WITH BAD MANAGEMENT AT THE TOP.

Would you want to stay at a hotel managed by someone who would confiscate your deposit after cancelling the reservation five months prior to the intended stay? What else would the hotel do to get your money?

In December 2013, I booked online a two-day stay at The Ciragan Palace Hotel in Istanbul for September 20-21, 2014. I booked under the “Early Booker” category. A charge of about $1,400 was made to my credit card as a “deposit”. I had no idea “Early Booker” meant nonrefundable. Maybe that was my stupidity. I’ve made nonrefundable reservations before. The fact that this particular reservation was nonrefundable was not in my opinion obvious or transparent.
When I tried to cancel this reservation in April 2014, five months before the intended stay and four months after making the reservation, I first became aware that cancellation of the reservation resulted in 100% loss of my deposit. I made the reservation through the Leading Hotels of the World (LWH) Club. When the LHW were unable to influence the manager of the Ciragan Palace Hotel to refund my deposit, I wrote directly to Reto Wittwer, the President & CEO of Kempinski Hoteliers, the company that operates the Ciragan Palace. Surprisingly, to his great credit, he responded to my e-mail by forwarding my e-mail to top management at The Ciragan Palace.

Top management at the Ciragan Palace Hotel (not Mr. Witter) answered my forwarded e-mail request by denying the request and in my opinion disingenuously citing the transparency of the online booking process for the Ciragan Palace Hotel. He, the manager of a Five Star hotel, a member of the “leading” hotels of the world, confiscated my deposit of almost $1,400 five months before the intended stay despite me telling him I didn’t know I made a nonrefundable reservation and providing a very legitimate reason for cancelling. What ever happened to the concept that “the customer is always right”? I am convinced that if this man were willing to deny a refund as such, he would use any means to financially advantage his other hotel at the disadvantage of his guest.

I was booked for a Black Sea cruise that started in Istanbul. When all the Crimean ports were cancelled and the probability of cancelling the ports of call at Odessa and Sochi increased with each day of confrontation between Russia and the Ukraine, my wife and I decided to cancel the cruise and thus not travel to Istanbul.

If a tour guide in Istanbul can refund our deposit without question, certainly The Ciragan Palace Hotel could have and should have honored my request. It all starts with the top and I would believe the bad reviews and stay at another hotel. The hotel may look beautiful but what is lurking inside under management’s bad energy?

In anticipation of the hotel’s response to this posting, I suggest that regardless of whether or not I should have been aware of the reservation being nonrefundable, the manager could have extended a simple courtesy and refunded my deposit. It would have cost his hotel nothing. The reservation was cancelled five months in advance. In my experience, this hotel’s management style is harsh and disregarding of general business principles. During my 60 plus years of life and travel, I have never encountered such disregard and disrespect.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank WyoBruin
CPKI, Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
I deeply regret to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations. Our Early Booker Rate is a special promotion that offers a major quotation advantage while being subject to strict terms and conditions such as a non-refundable deposit, a similar model to that exercised in airplane industry. We are sorry that you could not amend your booking to another day in the month as it was proposed either.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Ciragan is a true 5* hotel sitting on the European bank of Bosphorus, offering mesmerizing views of ships passing by and the Asian side of Constantinople (the Byzantine name for Istanbul), impeccable service, excellent breakfast that you can enjoy on the outside veranda (weather permitted) and top notch facilities. Nevertheless, that inviting view has its pros (naturally) and some cons. The pros are obvious, so let's concentrate in the cons. First of all, it goes without saying that it is worth getting a room with Bosphorus view which will cost you almost double the already steep price of a standard room (even more so during certain periods of the year). Furthermore, the hotel is undoubtedly so inviting that it does not let you go out and explore this truly interesting city. And if you decide to go out, Ciragan is situated in a nice part of the city, but which unfortunately is tarnished by terrible traffic without giving you the option to use the tram or metro. To cap it all, if you are visiting Instabul for short business, or tourism involving long walks and exploration of the city, I believe that they are other more suitable options. On the other hand if you are visiting during spring or early fall and are predisposed to stay in and enjoy this majestic hotel, I strongly recommend Ciragan Palace.

Room Tip: A room with Bosphorus view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mnx16
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The most amazing hotel in town. This is a historic hotel 5 star location. Our room and all service was amazing. Worth every penny! Loved this hotel when I was 8 and still love it at 28! Thank you for the amazing memories.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorain K
Reviewed May 9, 2014

amazing hotel, property and view. However, rooms are not modern due to it's character and style. Do not expect a luxury modern style room. If you end up with a Bosporus view then you won't want to leave the room.
Service is amazing, beautiful location again and the restaurants are awesome.

Room Tip: everything that you may ask for comes with an additional cost attached to it. I would recommend normal standard room but with a view of the water would be awesome enough.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple