“Careful Ladies!”

Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul
Ranked #50 of 1,178 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel was nice itself, good service and it was very clean. We had one of those most expensive rooms at the Palace side.
I had a terrible experience with the guy who was a Palace suites butler and whose name was Tahir Ay.
After i asked him to help me to organize our evening for going out with our big group of friends, he was so rude to me, just because i am a lady...? i couldn't see any other reason for being so impolite. Believe me, i was kind to him. UNBELIEVABLE! Some men just don't have to work at the hotel if they have some certain personal issues. Such a shame. No respect to ladies at all, and it was the best hotel in Istanbul, where you would never expect anything like that.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Parides7
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us back in January.
We deeply regret that you have had an unpleasant experience during your stay.
We value every single comment and opinion of our valuable guests, and we would like to discuss our shortcomings with you in more detail at your convenience. Kindly contact our Hotel Manager, Mr. Leon Baum directly at (leon.baum@kempinski.com) referring to this review in the email title.
I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to redeem your confidence in us and together with my team, I hope to welcome you back soon again, and provide you the finest Turkish hospitality here at the Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul.
Yours sincerely,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,902)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

“The word luxury has certainly become an overused term … but that said, the standard of luxury is now defined by the consumer’s expectations and experience”

As our taxi rolled up the entrance, the door was swiftly opened and we were greeted by our names. How did the doorman know who we were? Had they profiled us? Strange? That is the level of the minute detailing that is going into running of this property.

In the view of experienced, demanding luxury travelers, “luxury hotel” has to mean something specific. Our sense of luxury is constantly changing. A luxury is not absolutely necessary to survival - but whose standards apply? In the hospitality industry, in-room Wi-Fi, flat screen televisions, and high thread counts are no longer considered luxurious. As technology evolves, guests become savvier, and hotels step up their services and in the process, many hoteliers are struggling to stand up – let alone stand out, in the crowded luxury market.

Luxury means different things to different people. A true luxury hotel provided extraordinary experiences that exceeded customer expectations and created life-long memories. There is no doubt that like beauty; luxury is in the eye of the beholder. To some, privacy is the ultimate luxury whereas to others it’s about antique furniture and priceless chandeliers adorning a lavishly decorated room. For me, a luxury hotel is one which operates around my schedule and convenience and not the other way around, To a certain extent it’s horses for courses, but what is clear is that too many hotels are using the word ‘luxury’ to define their product. This will ultimately confuse and disillusion the customer.

Even on a subliminal level, every guest wants to be wowed. There are only a very few hotels that enable guests to attain the self actualisation they seek.

Ciragan Palace is all out to woo its guests.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for the Bhosphorus facing room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The room was gorgeous, as well as the fantastic view overlooking the Bosporus . We booked a bus tour and when we returned, the manager asked how it was. We found the tour too crowded and too much wasted time. He immediately set us up the next day with a car and private guide. It was a fantastic day. The service was phenomenal. I would go back in a minute.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paigekm
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel on a five day work trip. The staff here were simply wonderful. From the front desk, concierge, breakfast restaurant team, business centre, hair salon and management team they were able to cater to our every needs. It is true when they say the people make a visit. By the end of my stay everyone felt like family. The property itself was also amazing. Such a historic place with one of the best views anywhere in the world. I can't speak highly enough of this place. Just loved it!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here on business in early March when the weather was solid rain for 3 days. No problem though as the Ciragan palace had enough facilities to take my mind off ther weather.

Check-In was personal and individual and our bags appeared in our room without me worrying about them. We were taken to our room by the lady that checked us in - again a nice touch that set a positve tone from the beginning. The doorman also greeted me personally by my name. Personal touches work so well. Well done.

The room was larger than average, good facilities including free Wi-Fi (which did annoying keep dropping out at times). Nice to see free bottled water which was a nice touch. For us Europeans (especially from the UK) tea/coffee making facilities would have been nice so perhaps something to think about?

The bathrrom was well appointed with a good shower and bath. Perhaps again, a separate shower and bath would have been nice but I am being picky here.

The bed was large and firm and aided sleeping and there was a choice of 3 pillows. We had a park view room which meant we did get to hear the traffic directly outside. In addition, despite turning the air con off, there was still noise coming from it which can be annoying if you are a light sleeper.

The breakfast was good, with a nice selection and the wake up breakfast drink was a nice touch. The service was efficient and friendly.

Although travelling on business, I travelled with my partner and we got a weekend package rate that included dinner for one night and high tea. Both were nice and i can inagine that high tea, in good weather outside, must be wonderful. It was nice inside but the view was one of rain but i can't blame the hotel for the weather.

There was a heated outdoor pool (not used by us) plus an indoor pool which we did use. Bath robes and slippers were always available, a large changing area and clean towels. There was a gym (which I probably should have used!) as well as a spa area.

The gala dinner we attended for business was in the same hotel so that made it easy to attend and that was also well presented.

we needed an iron for some last minute ironing of clothes for the diuinner and upon asking, one appeared within minutes, which was fantastic.

My only real gripe would be cost. It is a lovely hotel but it is expensive.

Room Tip: Park view rooms are cheaper but you may get road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank turnipgreen
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is just and only a review for the garden terrace where we have had a bottle of wine. The hotel and palace is located directly at the Bosporus and that means you have a perfect view at ships and boats and the asian side of Istanbul. Before you enter the terrace you need to cross the lobby and see the wonderful interior design and ambience.
Outside on the terrace the tables look a little bit cheap and of course the service is quick and friendly. The prices for drinks and wine are expensive. But opposite you cannot find a better place for relaxation with a perfect view!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlsterHamburg
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We got married at the Ciragan Palace and stayed one night for our wedding. I have been in the hospitality industry for 13 years and all my life I have dreamt of staying at this hotel. My stay was even more magical and amazing that I could have imagined. From the staff who looked after us during the wedding, to the housekeepers and the room service during our downtime in our room were truly welcoming, well trained and genuine. The property itself is one of the most outstanding historic properties in the world. If you have the money, you need to stay here. The Kempinski hotel group have done true justice to what can only be described as one of the world's most fantastic hotels.

Room Tip: Stay in the old wing. It has more history and the location within the entire development is outstand...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple