On the whole the hotel was good, I've stayed in Kempinski hotels and other equivalent hotels around the world and this by far stands out for the not delivering a 5 star service in my opinion...
On the first day of our arrival (27/04/13) we checked in around 3pm and headed straight to Laledan(one of the many restaurants) for lunch... It was pretty empty with lots of staff around- 'which I thought would be a good thing considering that we were very hungry'. We ordered some drinks and food - our order was taken quite quickly but that's where the efficiency ended! We ordered sprite with ice and a wedge of lemon ..We waited about 20 mins for 3 sprites to be delivered to our table, when I asked about the ice, I was told that another waiter would bring it over in a few mins, when the 2nd waited arrived 5 mins later , I asked again for a wedge of lemon for which I was told that waiter no. 3 is on his way with that 'how many waiters do you need to serve a lemonade?' So in all 28 mins later , 3 waiters down our lemonade's arrived! Hallelujah - and then not to forget we still had to wait a while for our main courses to be served ' on observation the restaurant was pretty empty at that time of the day with a few waiters chit chatting in one corner - I've had much better service in other establishments and a 5 star restaurant should have no excuse for that! On day 2 of our trip we decided to go to La fumair for some midnight drinks and a shisha.. On this instance it was quite busy with only 3 waiters in sight - I ordered mineral water for which I literally had to wait 30 mins (no joke!) I asked 3 different people and they all kept saying yes we will pass on the message to your waiter - how hard is it to get me water ? When the waiter finally showed up there was no apology... I feel there needs to be a good balance, in instance one you were overstaffed and under productive and in instance 2 understaffed and still under productive - so on the whole the hotel was good but we were let down by the service and decided to eat in other hotels and restaurants after those experiences for the remainder of our trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul