As a part of our Regents cruise to the Greek Isles, in April we were afforded a complimentary one night stay at the Ciragan Palace hotel overlooking the Bosphorus River. Another couple and us were given suite like rooms overlooking the pool and river. The rooms were large with a sitting area and nice size bathroom. But our room's view itself were to die for especially in the evening. The greeting service was a one on one process which was a nice touch but, was time consuming considering we just arrived from a long flight. But the all around service from the time we arrived to the time we left was extraordinary. The surroundings of the hotel were so majestic that we decided to just enjoy the hotel instead of venturing out in Istanbul because the four of us have been to Istanbul before. There were some extremely expensive restaurants within the hotel, but, instead we chose "their version" of casual dining because restaurant was an outdoor indoor restaurant with a great view of the river and we were too tired to eat a full dinner. Instead, we ordered salad and pizza. a small appetizer and enjoyed some wine. Our bill came close to $200.00 US dollars.
We were entitled to a free continental breakfast that came with the room but, were generously told by the service personnel that because of the overcrowded occupancy, the full breakfast buffet that was usually served in another room was going to also be served in the restaurant portion delegated just to continental breakfast. So we were welcome to the full buffet breakfast they served which generally cost about $50.00/person U.S. dollars, tax and tip. This was a nice touch and since we are seniors with smaller appetites, we would have opted just for the continental breakfast. The couple we were with were restauranteurs and the wife was an executive chef. She remarked that the food was extremely fresh, well plated, and of the finest quality both for our evening and breakfast buffet meal.
When we departed, the concierge could tell we were having a difficult time positioning our cameras to take full advantage of the beautiful entryway, so he gave us some gift postcards as a gift of our stay with the hotel and I am looking at these postcards as I am writing this review.
A great experience but, understand this hotel exceeds the cost of its neighbor, Four Season which was right down the street. However, one can always stay at a Four Seasons, but, not always be able to enjoy staying at a real palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul