We have stayed in lots of Leading Hotels of the World but this is one of the best. The location on the Bospherous means that there are loads of boats & tankers travelling past but we didn't find this a problem. The staff are welcoming and extremely helpful - excellent service. We had a room overlooking the Bospherous - pay the extra to get a room with a balcony. Breakfast is expensive at 30Euros for continental and nearly 50Euros for the buffet. Get a deal where the continental breakfast is included in your room rate - you don't have to have the standard continental breakfast we were able to substitute on several days with scrambled eggs, omelette etc. The food in the restaurants is largely organic and largely locally sourced - for the quality of food, service & overall atmosphere in the restaurants, I think eating in the hotel was good value. The pool is wonderfully warm and not over 1.5m deep - overlooking the Bospherous, it is an extremely relaxing place to be! The spa area is wonderful - there is a well equipped gym, separate male & female steams & saunas, indoor (small) pool & jacuzzi which are very useful on rainy days. The lovely spa staff inundate you with towels, robes, slippers, pool shoes and the changing rooms have everything you need. The treatments are, predictably not cheap but we had an hammam and it was a fantastic experience - I felt so relaxed afterwards. The only issue that we had was with the travelling into the centre of Istanbul. It is best to take a taxi to the local tram - Kabatas (it would take 30 - 40 minutes to walk there) and then take the tram into the centre. Often the traffic is grid-locked - we found that before 9:30 and between 17:30 and 19:00 were the worst times for travelling along the road outside the hotel. This hotel is one that we would definitely go back to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul