“Best hotel in town”

Ranked #105 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I love the staff of this place, the ambiance of a classy classic place in the middle of one of the busiest areas of Istanbul, but with a sense of space and freedom that only Hilton Istanbul can provide in that area. The hotel has everything you may need and the quality of the services offered is the best.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best, specially overlooking the Bosphorus
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus and for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It was a pleasure to read of your satisfaction with the Hilton Istanbul on your last stay with us. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Istanbul in the near future.

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus

Write a ReviewReviews (2,735)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and the only reason why we chose this hotel was the name of it. But it didn't meet our expectation. When you travel to the Hilton, you expect the hight standard of hospitality. When we entered to the hotel there wasn't any bell boy to help to carry our luggage.Then, the girl (guess, she was from the spa center, as she didn't introduce herself) who, was sitting in front of Reception, "pushed" to us the price list of spa...sorry, but this is not what you are expecting entering to the Hilton.The reception's staff was not friendly. When you pass Reception, nobody say you "hi", "how is your stay", so we greeted them.The hotel in general is very nice and clean. The location was very good. The room we stayed in, was large and clean, and we had a wonderful view to Bosphorus. Also we had a problem with the toilet and we informed Reception twice about that and ask them to send someone from technical to fix it, but nobody came during the stay. The restaurant was very clean and the staff was friendly and polite. The Breakfast correspond to Hilton standards. We would like to come back again, but to see warm hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mila L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus during your stay in Istanbul and for taking the time to share your constructive feedback with other TripAdvisor travellers. I am happy that you were pleased with our rooms and splendid views, the up-town location, and that you were very well treated by our breakfast team.

We honourably value all your comments as we try to learn from each one of them in order to improve along the way and continually meet the requirements of our guests. Having said that, please accept my sincere apology for not offering you the excellent service that you deserve and that we strive to offer to our valued clients. I will share your comments with our team in order to refine our welcome experience.

We truly hope that you will give us the chance to make it right for you next time when you’re in Istanbul, please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival to ensure that I can meet and welcome you personally.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Hotel's view and staff is great. Room was quite big and view is breathtaking. Room service is quick and delicious. Special thanks to Mr. Erdinc and Osman were the epitomes of warm hospitality. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Selen T
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Hilton Istanbul for your stay and for your valuable feedback.

It was a great pleasure to read of your satisfaction with the Hilton Istanbul on your stay with us.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a total of 3 nights on a company incentive trip.

Room is big, with spacious balcony though a little dated.

Even though our group consisted of a few hundred people, the servers during breakfast and lunch were able to handle the massive number of people well, kudos to them.

The only grouse I had was the speed of the lift, especially when there are so many people involved.

Location is quite well situated, about 15 min to Taksim Square.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank OrangeWhale
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We greatly appreciate your kind feedback regarding your experiences. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

It's excellent hotel. I was on a business trip for 4 days. Vast and fresh breakfast - restaurant facing Bosphorus. It's a big hotel with lovely pool. It has outdoor and indoor pool. The hotel is surrounded with nature, trees, so that you can enjoy there. Staff is helpful. Rooms are clean enough. The beds are soft and comfy. The location is great - 10 or less minutes to Taxim square. Just be careful with the traffic in Istanbul, everybody is driving without rules and in every direction. Also, if you visit Istanbul for the first time, please bear in mind that to go to the airport you need 3 hours at least, the traffic is terrible. I would recommend this hotel for every occasion and every type of traveller.

Room Tip: Depend on what you like, you can ask a room in the upper floors facing the Bosphorus - lovely, or if...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kristina2244

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Hilton Istanbul for your stay. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Had a rocky start to my five night stay at Hilton Istanbul when told at check in I’d been upgraded to a Bosphorus view room even though I’d booked a Bosphorus view room. Then told I’d been upgraded to an Executive room. Sounded good until I got to the room and found that instead of the king room that I’d booked, I’d been given a twin. Nothing else was available that evening so I begrudgingly accepted it although I made my displeasure clear. Profuse apologies the following day from management who then changed the twin beds in my room to a king. From then on things went well. Fantastic position within walking distance of Taksim Square and public transport. Great breakfast spread in the Executive Lounge with excellent views of the Bosphorus. This hotel is rightfully very proud of its long history and extensive list of celebrated past guests. After the initial hiccup, the staff went out of their way to ensure I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Bosphorus view and/or Executive rooms are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brett S

Thank you very much for your knd feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Istanbul.

We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. I wish to apologize once more to you for the inconvenience regarding room and bed type. We place great value in your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton, I would be very happy to meet with you personally on your next visit and I will personally ensure that you receive the level of comfort and service you are accustomed to at Hilton.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed for five nights on business trip. Although the hotel may seem outdated and old fashioned, the customer service was excellent, all staff were polite, courteous. Particularly thanks to Ms Fatma and her team at the restaurant for taking care of me and my guests. The room was large enough with very comfy bed.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sellocello
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Hilton Istanbul for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.