“Nice big room”

Ranked #121 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice big room”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a total of 3 nights on a company incentive trip.

Room is big, with spacious balcony though a little dated.

Even though our group consisted of a few hundred people, the servers during breakfast and lunch were able to handle the massive number of people well, kudos to them.

The only grouse I had was the speed of the lift, especially when there are so many people involved.

Location is quite well situated, about 15 min to Taksim Square.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank OrangeWhale
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We greatly appreciate your kind feedback regarding your experiences. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Istanbul in the near future.

Hilton Istanbul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed February 15, 2014

It's excellent hotel. I was on a business trip for 4 days. Vast and fresh breakfast - restaurant facing Bosphorus. It's a big hotel with lovely pool. It has outdoor and indoor pool. The hotel is surrounded with nature, trees, so that you can enjoy there. Staff is helpful. Rooms are clean enough. The beds are soft and comfy. The location is great - 10 or less minutes to Taxim square. Just be careful with the traffic in Istanbul, everybody is driving without rules and in every direction. Also, if you visit Istanbul for the first time, please bear in mind that to go to the airport you need 3 hours at least, the traffic is terrible. I would recommend this hotel for every occasion and every type of traveller.

Room Tip: Depend on what you like, you can ask a room in the upper floors facing the Bosphorus - lovely, or if...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kristina2244
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Hilton Istanbul for your stay. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It was a pleasure to read of your satisfaction with the Hilton Istanbul on your last stay with us. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Hong Kong
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Had a rocky start to my five night stay at Hilton Istanbul when told at check in I’d been upgraded to a Bosphorus view room even though I’d booked a Bosphorus view room. Then told I’d been upgraded to an Executive room. Sounded good until I got to the room and found that instead of the king room that I’d booked, I’d been given a twin. Nothing else was available that evening so I begrudgingly accepted it although I made my displeasure clear. Profuse apologies the following day from management who then changed the twin beds in my room to a king. From then on things went well. Fantastic position within walking distance of Taksim Square and public transport. Great breakfast spread in the Executive Lounge with excellent views of the Bosphorus. This hotel is rightfully very proud of its long history and extensive list of celebrated past guests. After the initial hiccup, the staff went out of their way to ensure I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Bosphorus view and/or Executive rooms are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brett S
Thank you very much for your knd feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Istanbul.

We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. I wish to apologize once more to you for the inconvenience regarding room and bed type. We place great value in your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton, I would be very happy to meet with you personally on your next visit and I will personally ensure that you receive the level of comfort and service you are accustomed to at Hilton.

Kind regards,

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for five nights on business trip. Although the hotel may seem outdated and old fashioned, the customer service was excellent, all staff were polite, courteous. Particularly thanks to Ms Fatma and her team at the restaurant for taking care of me and my guests. The room was large enough with very comfy bed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sellocello
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Hilton Istanbul for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Belgium
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Hilton Istanbul was buit during the 70s but keeps some charm. Rooms are big , bathrooms alittle outdated but at least you do not have to be an engineer to figure out how does the shower work. I had a Bosphorus view room, but ithe view did not impressed me. The smaller Hilton Park has better views and so has the Swisshotel.
Breakfast buffet has a really wide choice both Turkish and international. There is an excellent lebanese restaurant with outstanding mezze and a more than corract Chinese restaurant at the premises. The swimming pool and spa are quite good, but a long and cold corridor is the usual way to reach it: make sure you are well covered during the winter days and avoid walking there in shorts and T-shirt. The staff is friendly and they have a good English command. The hotel in general keeps the chain standards and it is very close to the Taskim area.

Room Tip: Not worth to pay for a Bosphorus view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank fran07Belgium
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul and for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations. Your valuable feedback is much appreciated and will be very useful for our improvement plans.

Yours sincerely,

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Hilton Istanbul is part of the history of Istanbul. If you like to walk its location permits to have a nice walk to the main areas around Taksin and Galatha tower an also to Nisantasi, an area for shopping and cafes. If you read Pamuk books you will also appreciate its place on his stories.

There is a nice view for the Bosforo and a poll that I did not use. The breakfast is ok but not exceptional. You can have nice cakes in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank augusto53
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Istanbul.

It was a great pleasure to read of your satisfaction with our hotel and our services. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

Kind regards,

Yorkshire
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days on business in December. The hotel is nice with good facilities.
The hotel staff, as with most hotels in Turkey are very friendly and efficient.
On my first night I stayed at the far left hand side of the hotel facing the Bosphorous. Due to a nightclub over the road (9 floors down) there was a lot of noise until midnight. I therefore requested a move which ended up being from an exec room to a standard room, but at the other side of the hotel, there was no difference in the room, just not the upgraded toiletries. This was much quieter.

Location wise is good for getting to Taksim, and also to the historic areas via water taxi.
In terms of food, I ate out most days, although the Chinese restaurant in the hotel is amazing. Being a fan of Asian food, I have eaten in many Chinese restaurants. Some very expensive ones at that, and the Chinese at this hotel is mid price, but one of the best without a doubt.
I am back there in a couple of weeks and will certainly be eating there

Room Tip: Don't upgrade to the exec rooms, it's not worth it. Try for the far right of the hotel as i...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank toppoYorkshire
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Istanbul and for for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. However, I am very sorry to read about the inconvenience that you have experienced regarding the noise coming from outside. We are very sensitive about stopping the music in the outdoor areas before midnight. I would like to inform you that we have been in touch with the local authorities and have taken some legal actions in order to limit the outside noise from surrounded clubs and stop the music before midnight. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disturbance this has caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Istanbul.