“First Rate Service, close to Taksim Square”

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #106 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I spent 3 nights at this Hilton enroute to vacation in South Africa. I used my Hilton points and was pleased to be given an upgrade to a Bhosphorous View room without asking. The room was very nicely appointed, but it was my private balcony and view that made the room. I cannot say enough about the quality of food and service in the Concierge lounge. I could have eaten all my meals there, if I hadn't wanted to explore the Beloque restaurants nearby as the breakfast and lunch offerings were plentiful and healthy. American Hilton's please follow suit! The concierge desk person was helpful with everything from finding me an adaptor to suggesting restaurants. The gym/spa was wonderful, I did not partake of the spa treatments but after working out, I swam a few laps in the pretty pool area, soaked my muscles in the jacuzzi and then use the complimentary steam room and sauna before starting out for my day of exploration. The walk to Taksim square was easy and then one can catch the subway to outerlying areas. I liked being out of the tourist area of the Blue Mosque, having done that once before. I would highly recommend this hotel for a 3 to 4 day stay.

Room Tip: Select a high floor if possible on the Bhosphorous side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Tuba O, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Check in, it could have been better as there were two agents working but seemed to be doing some very complicated transactions with the guests they were working on as it took about 15 minutes for us to be seen by the front desk person only to be told that since I am Diamond to just go to the executive floor lounge to check-in. A sign would have been nice so we wouldn't have to wait. In the exec lounge check in was thorough and friendly.

The room was fine, nothing spectacular about it but we did like the balcony but given the weather it wasn't really possible to utilize it very much.

Location was ok. There are a few restaurants in the immediate area and a further walk will put you in Taksim which gives you many options for transport, dining and shopping.

The executive floor lounge was very nice and had decent offerings with regards to food in the evening but I found service to be not so personable. Not bad just indifferent.

Restaurant was ok but more expensive than you will find outside the hotel of course. I found breakfast to be pretty good and service was really good at breakfast in my opinion.

I am not saying that I would not stay at this property again as they didn't really do anything wrong but nothing really made me want to go back either.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience and for your valuable feedback.

I regret to see that we were not able to meet your expectation in terms of delivery of HHonors Diamond guest benefits and the quality of service given at the Executive Lounge. I offer our sincere apologies for these unacceptable issues; and I would like to inform you that we have seriously taken necessary actions to prevent similar issues from reoccurring.

I also thank you for your kind comment regarding the rates offered at the restaurant and would like to inform you that all the rates offered at the hotel and its partner companies are comparable with other, similar facilities in Istanbul.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and have the chance to extend you high quality Hilton service and Turkish hospitality.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We booked into this Hilton for 5 nights from 29dec 2013 till 03 January 2014. As both my spouse and I are Hilton Honors Gold.we had put a request in for a Bosporus view room and access to executive lounge, reduced rates . Upon arrival we were told that we could not get the room with the view and were given a room at the garden side of the hotel. This is also the side were the convention/concert party center is and some of the night clubs next door. Needless to say that since we did check in 2 days ago we could not get to sleep until after 12 midnight because of the incredible noise from the venues mentioned above!!!! We did change rooms 3 times, the last room we were given was a room right at the end of the hallway as far away as possible from this noise but still can hear it loud and clear!!! We are not impressed by the fact that we were not informed before hand that we could not get the room with a view and
therefore not given an option paying extra to get the room we wanted. Also the Hilton should install triple window glazing to make the rooms are sound proof ( its better ecological as well!!) tonight is New Years Eve so we probably will "enjoy" the noise even longer!!! SO WHEN YOU BOOK MAKE SURE YOU GET A ROOM THATS AT THE RIGHT SIDE OF THIS HOTEL!!!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is at the Bosporus side of the hotel because of noise from nightclubs and so on...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marquerita
Tuba O, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write on Tripadvisor to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience.

I regret to see that we were not able to meet your expectation in terms of room type. I offer our sincere apologies for this issue which probably occurred due to a very high demand period at the hotel. We definitely upgrade all HHonors Diamond and Gold guests to a higher room category whenever availability permits.

I am very sorry to read about the inconvenience that you have experienced regarding the noise coming from outside. We are very sensitive about stopping the music in the outdoor areas before midnight. I would like to inform you that we have been in touch with the local authorities and have taken some legal actions in order to limit the outside noise from surrounded clubs and stop the music before midnight. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disturbance this has caused and please be informed that I do appreciate your valuable suggestion about installing triple window glazing. I would like to inform you that we are working on a new project which will provide more soundproof rooms in the near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with wonderful service and a great staff. We stayed here for 2 nights on our recent trip with our two children. Our room had a lovely view of the Bosphorus and I believe that every room has their own balcony.

We were checked into our room early and a roll away bed was brought in for our son. We still had plenty of room in the executive floor room we were given. The executive lounge is wonderful as well. It is stocked with snacks and beverages all day long. Breakfast is decent fare and the evening appetizers are pretty filling as well.

We also stayed at the Conrad on our trip and found that the Hilton was much more to our liking. It was better located for a quick walk to Taksim Square, Starbucks and other restaurants. It also had a much better executive lounge, the room was bigger and we felt that the service was even better.

There is a lovely fitness center and indoor pool as well!

The concierge service was also fabulous. They have several day trips or half day trips that you can book. They started at 95 turkish lira per person and were half off for the children. We spent a half day on the historical area tour and would recommend that you book that through the concierge.

Our only complaint is that there is a bit of noise from the night club that can be heard fairly late into the evening.

If we ever return to Istanbul, this hotel will be our choice for our stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bosphorus.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience

I would like to inform you that we have been in touch with the local authorities and have taken some legal actions in order to limit the outside noise from surrounded clubs and stop the music before midnight. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had to experience due to this issue.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here in Nov 2013 for 5 nights On a sightseeing trip to Istanbul for 4 Brothers. Perfect service from all staff. From check in to check out they could not have been more helpful. As Hilton Honours Members we were upgraded to Executive rooms which are great because of the executive lounge. Again service in the lounge was exceptional. It was a busy hotel with a lot of conferences on all the time but it is a more business orientated hotel rather than a tourist one. We used a private guide for all our tours which I have reviewed in another review. Overall an exceptional stay at a very good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 28, 2013

staf are very good . one of them was fatema the woman i saw at desk of resturant for breakfast she was smily and kind and give me posetive energy. the room was very clean .swiming pool was good. location is good. fitnes club is far from our room 5 minute walk and cheng two elevator. the hotel free geust charge.when i wanted to check out the staf at reception desk trust me about using of bar in the room and dont check and give my deposit money. i was there from 20 to 24 desember

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank ali s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The executive Lounge has an amazing view over the City and the Bosphorus.

The hotel itself is very nice, the rooms are great as well. Had a little confusion at check in, about what room I was going to be in, then they told me I would have to move rooms on night 3 of my stay. Then it turned out I didn't need to move rooms. Getting them to communicate that in advance of me packing up my items, and inquiring that morning about the move, would have been very nice. Instead they looked at me like I was stupid or something. This prevents me from offering the 5 out of 5.

The concierge(s) were great, offering great restaurants, and set up a nice tour for my Girlfriend that joined me on night 4, and another tour for the two of us after I was done working.

Right by the Convention Center, so it's great for business trips. Short walk to Taksim Square, where you can explore, or take the tram down to the Bosphorus and catch the light rail into the tourist parts of the city. The hotel has a great car service to pick you up from the Airport, which I recommend using.

I will be back to this property!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. However, I am very sorry to read about the inconvenience regarding the room change issue. It probably occurred due to a room type availability problem on some dates; however, I do sincerely apologize for the attitude of our team members who do not reflect our usual high service standards. Your kind feedback has already been shared with respective department head in order to take the necessary actions.