“best overnight stay ever”

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #104 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton at the beginning of November as the city stay before our cruise. Honestly the hotel could not have been better, great room,, best breakfast selection I had every had,, as I have stayed at Hilton hotels on many different places. If ever we travel back to Istanbul it will only be this hotel for my wife and I. This hotel and staff would get 6 or 7 stars if it was possible.

Room Tip: We only had a part view of the straits but that did not bother us as everything else was brilliant.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments and valuable feedback.

I am glad to see that we were able to make you comfortable at the Hilton Istanbul and you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Hilton Istanbul

Write a ReviewReviews (2,694)

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Solid Hilton hotel - Rooms were large and comfortable (get bosporus view if possible) Bed was extremely comfortable and staff was on top of everything. Enjoyed the indoor pool and whirlpool (unfortunately the outside pool, which looks gorgeous, was closed) and the breakfast was fantastic. Peter Roth bath products are superb, overpriced minibar and while hotel is not in the Sultanahmet taxi's are relatively cheap.

Try walking to Taksim Square and grabbing metro (one stop) to Katabas - and then get on tram to Eminonu to take a bosphoros cruise (try the fresh fish sandwiches at the dock) and/or to within a couple of hundred yards from the main attractions in Sultanahmet.

Room Tip: Bosporos view room is worth it
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tide2014

Thank you for taking time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience with us.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 4 nights for my first trip to Istanbul. The taxis are rather cheap in this city, traffic is crazy but the ride from the airport without traffic is about 50 lira or $25. I sat in traffic for almost 2 hours and my fare was about 78 lira or $39. The staff is friendly but the hotel is older than what I expected. We were "upgraded" to a Bosporous view since it was our first time here. The view was amazing and we had a private balcony. Wish we had a higher floor but you can't have everything. Anyways the room is average size, bathroom was nice, bed was ok but pillows were too soft, almost non existent. They didn't give us sheets just the down comforter and fitted sheet. Not like we needed them as we woke up sweating each night (outside temperature was 48-58 degrees during our stay). The air conditioner seemed to only make noise to make you think it was working. The food in the hotel isn't very good, the Lebanese restaurant was below par and the breakfast/dinner buffets were mediocre at best.
The location was excellent for what we needed, 5-10 minute walk to Taksim Square or the train lines that take you all over the city. Good shopping is a short walk away in the opposite direction from Taksim as well. Wifi isn't free. No need for a car in this city, local drivers are crazy lol

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Istanbul.

We appreciate your valuable feedback.

I would like to inform you that various pillow alternatives and extra sheets are available upon request. Your valuable comments regarding the air conditioner; and the foods served at the hotel outlets have been shared with respective department heads in order to take necessary actions. Please also kindly be informed that we have a number of internet inclusive rates. You may find one of them favourable to book upon your next stay.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a decent hotel in Istanbul, sitting on the top of a hill. The best way to get here is by taxi, but don’t get discouraged by all the winding roads. We walked around a bit, but the easiest place to walk to was Taksim Square, which was about 10-15 minutes away on a flat road.

The hotel lobby is very large. There are constant people walking in and out of the hotel. There is security at the gate that helps.

Are room was on the HHonors floor, that gave us access into the private lounge on the top floor. The lounge was nice. It has a great view of the Bosphorus. In the morning, the breakfast was nice with hot foods and continental items. During the day, there are light snacks and refreshments. And in the evening, wine is served. It was a nice way to relax after touring the city.

The spa and fitness center is quite a bit of a walk from the hotel, but it is worth the walk. It’s a massive space with men and women’s locker rooms. There is also a hamam located here.

The pool area was very nice and relaxing. Although the hotel is in the middle of the city, it is surrounded by trees and gardens. The pool was relaxing with many lounge chairs to lay out, and there was a small café that served food and drinks nearby.

The only downside is that the concierge isn’t extremely helpful. I tried to book a private cruise and I hardly got any good information. This was after I waited and waited for someone to show up to the desk.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind feedback.

It is a pleasure to see that you were satisfied with our services. We appreciate your detailed comments. Your valuable feedback regarding Concierge services which do not reflect our usual high service standards has been shared with respective department head in order to prevent similar issues from reoccurring.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed in a room facing the Bosphorus for 5 nights. I felt super comfortable in my room and loved my view. It was a wonderful vista to wake up too (especially on the sunny days!). The hotel design feels a bit dated but it is very clean and the staff were very friendly and made excellent efforts to help me out on everything from dinner reservations to directions. The executive lounge was comfortable and was a great place to grab a glass of wine. I did notice the noise from the nightclub but I didn't find it bothersome. The Bosphorus Terrace restaurant offered a great breakfast buffet and a decent menu for other meals. Pricepoint was reasonable as well, considering what some hotel restaurants can charge.

I actually felt like this hotel was a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of such a busy city because it has large grounds and is set back from a road.

It's too bad that the ugly Ritz Carlton building is part of the view.

Room Tip: I was in room 623, felt like it was a pretty comfortable room, far enough from the elevators and a p...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Although the hotel is quite good, the service level of the staff commensurate with the Hilton chain, and the Exec Lounge large and well stocked, taking a room facing the Bosporus is not worth the view. The problem is a nightclub or nightclubs that play loud music until very late, with a very heavy bass line that is impossible to block out. If you are staying at the hotel for business, and are interested in getting to sleep anytime before 1 or 2 am, do yourself a favour and ask for a room on the other side of the hotel facing away from the noise (be careful as the end rooms are also bad even though they may not face the Bosporos directly. The nightclub is on the left of the hotel as you face the Bosporos, so generally that whole side is to be avoided.

It is frustrating that the staff, who are very well aware of the issue, do not mention in when you check in. It is an issue, they are aware of it, it would only be fair to loyal patrons (especially HHonors Diamond members such as myself) to be made aware and given a choice. Finding out by yourself tends to make a customer feel used and unappreciated. The hotel may not be able to control the noise they can certainly give their customers options.

Room Tip: Ask specifically about the noise level of the room. If you are looking for a good Bosporus view, go...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hudson_Globetrotter

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am very sorry to learn of the inconvenience that you have experienced regarding the noise coming from neighboring clubs. As you have already been informed; we are very sensitive about stopping the music in the outdoor areas before midnight and needless to say, we are working very hard with the local authorities trying to limit this noise. We would have been very happy to assist you during your stay with changing your room. Please rest assured that your valuable feedback will also been shared with the local authorities to emphasize the importance of the issue once more. Our team has been informed as well to take necessary actions during check-in process even a Diamond guest has been upgraded to a room facing to Bosphorus.

I once more thank you for your kind and valuable feedback; and hope to have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had a good experience at this hotel although I was disappointed that there was no free wifi and that the pool and gym were very far from my room. They were in another building so you had to pass the meeting rooms to get to them. Wasn't expecting to walk through a room full of suits in my gym clothes. Normally I wouldn't mind but considering the price I expected more. I have stayed in cheaper hotels with nicer facilities and wifi and breakfast included in the price. The room, location and room service however were very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Jessica D
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I would like to inform you that the rates offered at the hotel and its partner companies are comparable with other, similar facilities in Istanbul and may vary depending on demand.

Please also be informed that we have a number of internet and meal-inclusive rates. You may find one of them favourable to book upon your next stay.