“Could be better,”

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #106 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Your standard Hilton, but food and parts of the service were disappointing. Breakfast and buffet at dinner are very tired. Just getting a couple of fried eggs took some while as there was no staff on the station. Service was a bit hit and miss and slightly heavy handed. Mix up over whether my room rate included breakfast when for two nights it had and on the third morning they insisted on me signing to pay. The noise from night clubs is annoying and a pollution on your ears. The central Japanese garden is a mess and really takes away from the reception area. Come on Hilton you can do better than this.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Gadstrat
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I regret to learn of the inconveniences that you have experienced regarding your breakfast and dinner experiences which do not reflect our usual high service standards. Your valuable comments have been shared with respective parties in order to prevent similar issues from reoccurring.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced because of the noise coming from outside. Needless to say, we are working closely with the local authorities trying to limit the outside noise from surrounded clubs and stop the music before midnight.

We can only hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon, during which we will have the chance to offer you our improved service, quality and Turkish hospitality.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, beautiful views of the Bosphorus, but bring earplugs. The steady beat from the nearby Aladdin Club goes on until 3-4 a.m, making sleep difficult.
The 1950's and 60's photos of celebrities lend the impression that the glory days of this hotel are long past.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We appreciate your valuable comments.
I am very sorry to learn of the inconvenience that you have experienced due to the noise coming from outside. Needless to say, we are working closely with the local authorities trying to limit the outside noise from surrounded clubs and stop the music before midnight.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed there within Business trip among a big group , we actually had everything setup for the everyone in order. The rooms are big , with nice views over Bosphoros. it was January , but the weather in the balcony was magnificent , with ticklish breeze.

The conference center offers all what's needed for a good business facility.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed staying there, clean and large rooms with very nice views, I was there like 3 years ago, just a walking distance like 10 minutes to the city center and the main road, during winter and snow the view from the hotel was amazing, although it was very cold I couldn't stop sitting in the balcony of the room

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience on Tripadvisor.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I checked in today, September 18, 2013 for a 3 nights stay. My reservation was for an executive king with Bosporus view. I am hhonors diamond with preference for a high floor. I got no upgrade, even after requesting one. The room I got is on the 6th floor (641). No welcome letter, no explanation of the diamond benefits as they use to do in other hiltons. The room is fairly small, the bathroom is dated and small. The price to quality ratio is high in comparison to more modern and recent hilton properties is Europe. The view from the executive lounge is nice though. The internet connection is very slow, just for small email messages. I had to go to a coffee shop down the road, with free wifi, to download some larger files and to download a newspaper. One of the three elevators is not working. This property is not up to Hilton standards and not well suited for business travellers. It does not offer added value for diamond hhonors members.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am very sorry to learn of the inconvenience that you have experienced regarding the delivery of Hilton Honors benefits. I would like to inform you that we always upgrade our Hilton Honors members subject to availability. Since all upper category rooms had been already booked; we were not able to upgrade your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for the missing welcome letter; which must have been placed in your room before your arrival and rest assured that necessary precautions have been taken in order to prevent similar problems from reoccurring.

I would like to inform you that rates offered at the hotel and its partner companies are comparable with other similar facilities in Istanbul and may vary depending on demand.
I would also like to inform you that we continuously carry out improvement plans and maintenance works to ensure the comfort of our guests; and at the time being our elevators are being renovated one by one; and that is why one of them is out of service during your stay.

Please note that your valuable feedback regarding the quality of internet connection has been shared with our third party internet provider company; and they will take necessary measurements.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed for 5 days on business, travelling alone. I'm a Diamond member, and got upgraded to a nice room with a view of the Bosphorous. All the staff are very attentive and friendly. The executive lounge on the top floor is very nice and comfortable. I had dinner a couple of times in the main restaurant - the buffet was delicious and the service perfect.
The only criticism I would have is that if you're on the Bosphorous side, then sometimes there's loud music playing in the hotel grounds that goes on to about 01.00am - this is probably less of a problem in the winter, but it was loud enough to keep me awake, and I was on the 6th floor. So if peace is important, ask for a room on the "road" side.
Definitely my hotel of choice in Istanbul

Room Tip: Can be noisy on the Bosphorous side of the building
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the noise coming from outside. Actually, we are very sensitive about stopping the music in the outdoor areas before midnight and needless to say, we are working closely with the local authorities trying to limit the outside noise from surrounded clubs and stop the music before midnight.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was unimpressed overall with this tired property. Great views of the Bosporus and convenient to the convention center which was important to me as I was here for a conference but the rooms were tired, service was inconsistent, and the club level nothing special when you look at the expense which was just over $500 USD per night. The most disappointing part was that it is not at all close to the wonderful old town part of the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I appreciate your valuable comments and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon, during which we will have a chance to offer you our real high quality service.