“Wonderful visit”

Ranked #117 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
College Station, Texas
“Wonderful visit”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Istanbul Hilton in early July. We stayed in an upgraded room overlooking the Bosphorus, with access to the Executive Lounge. We loved the view and the Lounge and highly recommend both. The breakfast, snack, and evening food/drinks in the lounge were plentiful, with lots of choices. The view over the city from the lounge is amazing. It was our wedding anniversary and the hotel greeted us with a complimentary anniversary cake and bottle of champagne, which was a wonderful surprise! The Hilton is up on a hill, next to the convention center, so you will need to take a taxi or other transportation to get to the old city.

Room Tip: Stay on the Bosphorus side, high floor, with Executive Lounge access.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AggieProf
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Many thanks for your valuable comments.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you, especially during your special occasion.

Hilton Istanbul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the place to stay in Istanbul if you enjoy excellent service and magnificent views of the city. Other luxury hotels may be more glitzy but they lack the class and old time sophistication of this Hilton. If you can try to get access to concierge lounge with your stay the food and service is excellent.

Room Tip: the best views are from rooms facing the bay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank San F
Thank you for your kind comments.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I selected this Hotel while I was on business travel for 2 days. It was a very relaxing stay, I loved everything about this hotel. The location, the view of the Bosphorus from my room and the Terrace at the bar area. To be honest I did not spend much time during the day in the hotel but I always looked forward to returning back to my room as it has an amazing view. The Staff are brilliant and friendly and they kept their genuine smile throughout my stay. I definitely will be coming back with my wife to Hilton Istanbul. I used the GYM and Squash Courts and the facilities were extremely convenient to me. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the Bosphorus facing rooms and high floors, you will not regret it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BKBLUELOGIC
Many thanks for your kind feedback.

I am glad to see that we were able to make you comfortable at our hotel and to secure an enjoyable stay for you.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Hilton Istanbul is near Taksim, but it is around 15-20 walk.
We had #301 room which is a lovely corner delux room with big balcony and ocean view.

Be careful of taxi that circle around to cheat you for money. This happened to us when we took a taxi back from the end of Taksim's shopping street. We took a handful of taxi in Istanbul, anc unfortunately some drivers are not very honest. This taxi driver sped around at dangerous speeds and drove us to a different hotel even though we showed him the address, and he said he knew the Hilton. He then tried to drive past our hotel again, and even after his mistakes, he charged us full price. We recommend getting taxi from hotels because they seem to be more honest.

Overall, the Hilton has great service, but you may hear music from nearby clubs and stadium. The Executive lounge offers complimentary food and drinks (including alcohol) each morning and evening. The hotel also has indoor and outdoor pools as well as tennis court. If you are in Istanbul for sightseeing, it is better to have a hotel closer to Taksim or Sultanahmet (Old Town).
Hilton only offer one hour free internet so do your surfing quickly!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank trojanlili
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. We appreciate your valuable comments.

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

I would like to inform you that we have a number of internet inclusive rates. You may find one of them favorable to book upon your next stay.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in June. As an HHonors Diamond member I was upgraded to a Bosporus view room on the executive level. Room was very large and very comfortable, with a large balcony with a view of Asia and the Bosporus. Executive lounge was very good for both breakfast and afternoon snacks, and has a large offering of food and drinks at both times. Location was very close to Taksim Square (which at other times would likely be a bigger benefit than during my trip). Hotel has a lot of security, I wasn't sure if it was necessary but it was nice to know they take it seriously.

Grounds were very large and beautiful, and although this is an older hotel, it did not feel as old as it is. I would definitely stay at the Hilton for my next trip to Istanbul.

While in no way the fault of the hotel, my biggest tip for travelers is to be aware of taxi's in Istanbul. Every taxi I received at the hotel was much more fair than any taxi I received to return to the hotel. Taxi drivers at the hotel were all very nice and honest, but be cautious of return drivers and watch the meter for large spikes (one driver "flipped" my 50 lira bill to a 5 lira bill and told me I owed him more money, another was adding to the meter that was kept low near the gear shift).

Room Tip: Request a Bosporus view room, very beautiful sights of Asia and the straight. Higher floors are bett...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JasonKr_85
Many thanks for your kind and detailed feedback.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Have frequented this hotel on many occasions for business and pleasure. And hands down, both my wife and I thoroughly enjoy our stay each and every time. Beautiful property and view of the Bosphorus. The hotel interior is beautifully decorated in grand Ottoman style and well-maintained. Excellent executive lounge and the outdoor pool is sheer paradise.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Scott P
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback and for your loyalty.

I am very happy to learn that we have been able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Zagazig, Egypt
Reviewed July 10, 2013

the hotel is in excellent locations, the rooms are very clean and very nice with very good amenities.the staff are very friendly, the breakfast is excellent and very rich with lots of variety .the hotels is about 10 minutes walk to taksim square, no more than 10 minutes and around the hotel you will find lots of restaurants and some shopping area .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Ahmed Z
Many thanks for your kind comments.