“decent hotel when the price is low”

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #110 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We actually got a good price- 290 EUR for 3 days and this is the reason why I ranked 4 and not 3.

Positive: nice staff with good will to help, service is very fast, clean, location is not bad just 5 mins from Istiklal (with the construction it makes the walk less pleasant but to be honest it's for all the hotels around).

Negative: No breakfast, 20 TL per pay for WI-Fi, the restaurant prices are pretty expensive.

Generally it was a good experience, but when I will come with my family I would prefer a closer hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fadi_Jaber
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I would like to inform you that we have a number of internet and meal-inclusive rates. You may find one of them favourable to book upon your next stay. Additionally, Hilton declared that HHonors Diamond and Gold members can use free internet since September 1st, 2010 - a reason more to become a loyal guest. We also provide free internet at the Business Center; I am very sorry if this was not communicated to you properly. You may also consider booking an Executive room during your future visits where you can use the PCs in the Executive Lounge for free and also enjoy delicious selections throughout the day.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ideally located hotel in walking distance from Taksim, the city center and the main shopping street. The view to Bosporus from our room was amazing. The breakfast was delicious. The man at the entrance of the breakfast room keeped on teaching us a new turkish word every day. Everyone was extremely polite and with a smile always on the face.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Helen I
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We appreciate your nice comments; and I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Superb hotel in an excellent location - we were walking distance from the funicular, the main shopping street, the Dolmabahce (though we got funny looks from the concierge when we told him we were going to walk) and the ferry.
The breakfast was scrumptious and plentiful, the view from the executive lounge was lovely. The staff was super helpful and friendly and we really enjoyed our stay here. Add to that, the two swimming pools were well kept and always inviting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank chhavi
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience with us.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Such a nice place best location in Istanbul superb service excellent Bosporus view and the best part is excellent value for money rooms are very clean and nice breakfast was excellent as well thanks will be back again ...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alan c
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience on Tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Excellent hotel, very good and confortable rooms and nice and quiet location. At the check out I first encountered a lady (dressed in black) (who did not even looked at my face when I said I was checking out and continued just looking at the monitor as if I was invisiible but luckily a second and EXTREMELY nice and professional very young and beautiful lady made a very professional, courteous and efficient check out. My check out was on monday morning 21/1/2013........

I have to mention that the phones in the room are VERY old and they are so worn out that it is even difficult to read the extensions

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank itacolcat
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We appreciate your valuable comments. I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. However, I am very sorry to learn of the inconvenience that you have experienced regarding the unacceptable attitude of our team member at the check-out. Your valuable feedback have already been shared with our related department head in order to prevent similar issues from reoccurring. I also thank you for your kind comment regarding the in-room phones, renewing them will be taken into consideration seriously.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed at this Hilton a few times in my travels through Istanbul and I enjoy the atmosphere and rooms. The hotel itself has so much history and it is displayed throughout. It has a great refreshing pool for summer visits, nice spa and gym. The breakfast is great and the staff is very friendly, I had a great conversation with Camil the waiter and he was very helpful. The hotel is also a short walk away from Istiklal street.

Room Tip: My husband had a room facing the pool a couple of times, he was able to see Turkish wedding festivit...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank A P
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Good place to stay!
Close to the shopping area and taxim square.
Great view over the Bosphorous from the room
Lounge access gives you a free meal and drinks.
polite staff
And good value for money
A bit away from the historic monuments though - 20-30 min with a taxi during no traffic jam hours

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MartinMihaylov

Thank you for your nice comments.

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Istanbul.