“Stay here!!”

Ranked #117 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Reading, United Kingdom
“Stay here!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

What a great hotel. Thestaff were so friendly, the location ideal and all in all a super place. The views of the Bospherous are second to none. Book an Executive Room and take advantage of the lounge on the 7th floor. They say they have snacks avalible all day. indeed they do. but these are almost mini meals. The wine flows and it is the ideal place to sit and relax, before tramping around Istanbul.

All in all a great place to stay/ Although the hotel looks as though it was a setting for some deals invoving the meeting of CIA and KGB agents during the Cold War, which it probably was, the facilities are upto date and most welcoming. An excellent indoor swimming pool and health club.

1 Thank Mike S
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

Hilton Istanbul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 30, 2012

There are very many excellent hotels in Istanbul. We have just recently stayed at the Hilton Istanbul and found it to be as nice as any chain hotel that we have ever stayed in. A large and wonderful room with a great view of the Bosporus, twice daily first class maid service, a free lounge open all day serving food and drink, several restaurants, including a very reasonable Continental restaurant, all located on a beautiful campus setting in the middle of Istanbul. Did I mention the indoor and outdoor pool, the spa and workout area and the friendliness of the reception and lounge staff. Dollar for dollar this is one of the best hotel deals in Istanbul, especially if you are a Hilton HHonors member.

The downside is that the walls tend to be rather thin and the heat is non-adjustable. Bring ear plugs if at all possible.

Try the Polo restaurant just across the street from the hotel for inexpensively priced meals and pastry, yes, especially the pastry.

One last thing, we used Effendi Car Service on this trip to Istanbul. For 45 Euro, they will meet you at the airport, take you to your hotel and collect you for your return. All in a large private car with no other passengers. Most drivers are very friendly, speak some English and are most thankful for any tip. Don't mess with a taxi from the airport as it could take you hours to get to your hotel and the meter is on. This is a fixed price service that we used several time for day trips to other parts of Turkey.

Room Tip: If you get a Bosporus view room, do bring earplugs. There is music playing at night and the walls a...
1 Thank JPC1116
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. We appreciate your valuable comments. I regret to see that we were not able to meet your expectation in terms of A/C in the room. Normally, our guests can increase or decrease the A/C by 3 C degrees, I am very sorry if this was not communicated to you properly or this was not the case.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed in this Hotel a number of times over the last number of years and I have to say that this time I found the Hotel, and its staff lacking in direction - I had a room which gave me access to the Business Lounge and although good it was not great ! - The food on offer was lacking imagination - it was Christmas and instead of some Turkey and some mince pies - chicken wings /chips and Baklava ! - the check in for the lounge area had gone down - big time - no one checked who came or went to the lounge - it was full of kids running around and the service lacked the experienced staff that had been a feature for years - B/Fast - Coffee had to be asked for , never in four mornings was juice ever offered - as in past years! - I never saw or spoke to a Manager in the lounge in four days , and the constant drilling above my room went on for four days - even though I was told it would stop - they even drilled though Christmas Day !! - I have to say that as I also stayed at the Ceylan Inter Continental this trip the Hilton came in a very poor Second this time round - it can do a lot better and needs Management to take a firm hand .

Room Tip: Try to get a High Floor /Sea view Room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience with us.

I offer our sincere apologies if we were not able to make you feel valued and comfortable due to high volume of guests and the service given by our team members which does not reflect our usual high service standards. Your valuable comments regarding the Executive Lounge have been shared with respective department heads in order to prevent similar issues from reoccurring. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced due to an important maintenance work related to health and safety procedures on upper floor of your room. Please inform me directly for your future bookings so we can try to do our best to show you our high quality and improved service.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went to Istanbul with my wife to celebrate Christmas and New Year. came across the Hilton through British Airways Holidays. What a great find! Staff were wonderful, rooms were great and the city an experience. We both had a great time.

If you can stay at the Hilton do!! We were booked onto the Executive Foor with a superb view of the Bospherous. The best thing was the Executive Lounge on the 9th Floor. Pay that bit extra and have snacks and drinks all day. By snacks I mean mini meals. Wow, really great stay, would have no hesitation in returning.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hilton Istanbul provided us with an excellent staging for a few days here before a long holiday in Greece. The time warp of the property straight out of an era from my childhood, contrasting with the bustle of Istanbul's increasingly relevant position in this century all wrapped up in the history and cultural landscape that the city has to offer was perfect.

Location is very convenient to Taksim Square, Cadessi Istiklal, shopping in modern Istanbul and the charms of Sultanahmet which we accessed from public transport or an easy walk. We are Hilton Honors Diamond members and from Check In hospitality in the Executive Lounge to the excellent spread of refreshments and beverages there, the lounge was second only to that experienced in Rome at the Cavalieri Hilton. View over the Bosphorus were amazing. We also enjoyed the pool in the heat of August and the hammam too. WiFi was easily accessed and though the hotel is a convention site, this did not impact the experience of our travels at all.

This will be our home again during our next trip to Istanbul.

Room Tip: The executive level rooms affording access to the lounge really make this property worthwhile as do...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TripperGuyMA
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am very delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hythe
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great position overlooking the Bosphorus, and I took advantage of their airport pickup service which whilst chargeable was well worth the money. I had booked an Executive Room which gave me access to the best Exec Lounge I have ever had the pleasure of using, and I have used a good few! The Exec Lounge is on the top floor and overlooks the straits of Bosphorus from on high, it is large, has character, has a superb range of eats both hot and cold plus a pretty much full choice help yourself bar. The hot food is of such a quality that I had no need to take dinner out and could tap away at my laptop in comfort with excellent wifi, wifi is chargeable (shame on Hilton for this) but given the quality of the lounge I didn't mind here. I took breakfast in the Exec Lounge too, again, no complaints at all as it is very, very good.

Room was large, overlooked the Bosphorus and had a balcony for fresh air - just great.

Check In was a breeze, and given how busy the hotel was, this was a welcome surprise. Check Out, well via Express sorted me out.

The lobby and lounges are busy, but well staffed and again quality service.

This is a thoroughly professional operation, no doubt about this at all and is one of the best Hiltons I have ever used. For reference, I am a Hilton Hons Gold member, thus use them a lot.

Pat on back from me, great stay guys and you should be proud of your hotel.

Room Tip: Book an Exec and get access to the superb lounge.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John D
Thank you for taking your time to write your comments on Hilton Istanbul to share your recent experience with us.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 26, 2012

To see the old and new in Istanbul this hotel has a lot to offer. Walking to Taxim square and beyond.,cheap taxis to get to old town, Bosforus 5 minutes down the hill, ferrys to azjatic side. Do not rent a car. You will be happy with public transportation and taxis.

Room Tip: Executive floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.