“Nice hotel with a bit of history”

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #128 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Chicago
“Nice hotel with a bit of history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a quick trip to Istanbul. I took the Havas to Taksim Square its a quick walk to the hotel. Yes there is currently construction but it you are facing Starbucks, there is park directly behind you. Take it the end turn left through a little alley, turn right and the hotel is right there. Same path for taking the funiclar to Kabastas.
Lost of one star for loud music on Saturday night, not quite sure where it was coming from but it was loud and I was on the 6th floor.
Nice hotel, I would stay again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments.

We appreciate your valuable comments; and I offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience regarding the noise coming from outside. I would like to inform you that we are working closely with the local authorities trying to limit the outside noise from surrounded clubs and stop the music before midnight.

Hilton Istanbul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and her friends went to Instanbul for a long weekend and stayed at the Hilton. They were upgraded to a room with a view of the river but more importantly were treated as though they were VIP's. Merve Batmaz and Yigit Emen made sure that their stay was the best, from when they arrived until when they left. The hotel was in a great location and while it may not be the newest in town the rooms were good and the lounge was excellent. It is worth staying at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking your time to share your spouse and her friends’ recent experiences at the Hilton Istanbul on Tripadvisor.

I am very delighted to learn that they enjoyed their stay and the service given by our team members.

We sincerely hope to welcome you and your friends back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was in one word just great! One of the best lounges, nice suites, the grounds are beautiful. Very helpful while we had very unpleasant experience with a robbery.....they helped out in the most excellent way you ever could expect of a hotel! Thank you dear people

• Stayed September 2012
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you.

New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here for three nights with my Hilton points. As a Diamond member, my husband and I got upgraded to the Executive floor and had a room with a balcony facing the Bosphorous. We were here in November and enjoyed sitting out on the balcony. It was gorgeous and the weather was sunny and cool. We also had access to the lounge on the 9th floor. The complimentary buffet breakfast was average. It was a generous spread but it did not suit my taste. Nonetheless, it was free and it the food was pretty good. There are light snacks in the afternoon and in the evening, there are hot and cold appetizers that my husband treated as dinner since we spent the day walking and eating at odd times. The lounge is open until 11pm, I believe and drinks and snacks are available for self service. This was a great perk for us as we never had to buy water or drinks.

The hotel is a large convention center so we did not get the attention that the W Istanbul gave us (click on my profile to see my other reviews of places we went to in Turkey). Concierge did not seem very competent and gave me information that I found out later was incorrect (see my review on the Hagia Sofia or Topkapi Palace for more on this). Service was friendly but only when we asked for help.

My deduction in the overal rating of this property comes from the location. The closest train station is at Taksim Square, which is a timed 15-20 walk to the hotel (depending on where you start on the sqare). The hotel staff told us it was a 6-10 minute walk. Once you get near the hotel, you think you've arrived but then you walk for another five minutes on hotel property before actually entering the lobby. On two consecutive days, after walking and exploring for several hours, we opted to hop in a taxi instead. On the first day, we were turned down by three taxis and ended up taking the train. We were kicked out of the third taxi but did not know why as we were lost in translation. On the second day, the taxi was willing to take us but as we got close to the hotel, he asked if it was ok if he dropped us off across the street and we walk the 5 minutes to the lobby. He explained that Taksim Square is closed and getting out of the hotel area would get him into a lot of traffic. So, if you plan on taking a taxi, don't be surprised if taxis drive away once you tell them where you are going. Hopefully, this will not be the case once the construction is over.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bl181
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I offer our sincere apologies if we were not able to make you feel valued and comfortable due to high volume of congress participants and the service given by our Concierge which does not reflect our usual high service standards. Your valuable comments have been shared with respective department heads in order to prevent similar issues from reoccurring.

I regret to learn the inconveniences caused by taxi drivers. I would like to kindly advise to take taxis from our hotel to be on the safe side during your next visit.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here on business for three nights. Hotel has a very "large" feel to it. There is a good choice of places to eat - I took the buffet a couple of times in the Terrace restaurant on the ground floor - food was excellent, service was not bad, but could have been a little more friendly and attentive. There was a very large conference going on while I was there and I think many of the staff were a bit stressed by the number of people around - things got much better when the conference ended and the hotel emptied somewhat.
I had an executive room with a "river view". This was nice, but there was a lot of noise late into the evening (from Taksim Square guess) and the noise penetrated the windows easily. even 8 floors up. My main gripe with the room was that the air conditioning was useless. I could not get the temperature below 24C, even though it was cooler that that outside (it was November). I did ask the hotel to do something but the situation didn't improve. My guess is that they turn off the chillers to save money. Opening the windows wasn't great at night because of the noise outside.
Executive lounge was very nice, but somewhat spoilt by all the kids running around in there. (I'm not anti-children and I have some of my own, but prefer an executive lounge that is a quiet haven).
In summary pretty nice though - would definitely stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in general. We appreciate your kind comments which give us a chance to understand your dissatisfactions. Please rest assured that your comments regarding the kids at the Executive Lounge and the service quality at the restaurant during peak hours have been taken into consideration seriously and we will definitely try to do our best to make our valued guests feel more comfortable. I would like to inform you that room temperature is set in accordance with weather conditions and it can be adjusted +/- 3 degrees in the rooms and I am very sorry if this was not communicated to you properly.
I offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience regarding the noise coming from outside. I would also like to inform you that we are working closely with the local authorities trying to limit the outside noise from surrounded clubs and stop the music before midnight

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel for 6 nights on a business trip Check-in and Check-out was pleasant, service was excellent choice of restaurants within the hotel grounds was good they have a number of different restaurants. They offer a good SPA with excellent massage as well fitness room. The only problem was the service on the club floor it was not really up to the standard although the views from the club floor were great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Omar M
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Many thanks for your kind feedback.

It is a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in general. We appreciate your valuable comments regarding the service at the Executive Lounge. Please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with respected department head in order to improve the service and ensure the comfort of our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Surrey U.K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in the summer. I'd booked reward nights with Hhonors points so was expecting room only.

I'd booked one of the Hilton vehicles to collect us from the airport as we didn't want any hassle. So pleased that we did, although more expensive than a conventional taxi, (& we had problems time after time with cabs that tried all the cons in the book) it was a pleasurable drive in air-conditioned comfort with courtesy bottles of water. A great start to our stay.

The bell hop took our bags from us & we went to check in at reception. The very polite receptionist informed us that we'd been upgraded to executive level & to follow him to the executive floor lift. He pressed the button to summon the lift, we entered, he pressed the button for the 9th floor, wished us a pleasant stay & sent us on our way.

The doors opened at the 9th floor, executive level & we went to check in, still not believing that this was true. The receptionist greeted us, formalities were quickly completed, she wished us a pleasant stay & gave us our key to a room overlooking the front of the hotel on the 6th floor. It was a lovely room, virtually above reception, so middle of the building. We stepped out onto the balcony to drink in the sights of Istanbul as the view was great & to our right was the ampitheatre. We didn't have any disturbance from road noise but we did sit on the balcony late one evening to enjoy a tremendous lightening show during a thunderstorm. Amazing.

Being on one of the executive floors we were able to access the executive lounge which was great for fantastic views & more than adequate breakfasts, high teas, drinks, complimentary access to the business centre etc. We really enjoyed relaxing over each meal & drinks each evening with fantastic views. The staff were always very polite & accommodating, especially the female staff, thank you.There was always room for everyone even though it was quite busy at times.

Our beds were very comfortable & the bathroom was equipped with various toiletries which were very useful as were the bathrobes & slippers.

We enjoyed sitting by the pool reading & enjoying the sunshine. There was always a staff member on hand to bring drinks etc when required.

We enjoyed sightseeing & enjoyed knowing we were returning to a really comfortable hotel each evening where we felt safe. Some evenings we enjoyed drinks on the balcony & taking in the air, the sights & sounds of Istanbul all around us.

This hotel isn't contemporary but that didn't matter to us, we enjoyed every moment, doubly so as we were fortunate to be upgraded & we appreciated it all.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony.