“Perfection ... Definitely will stay there again!”

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #104 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This Hilton hotel is amazing as expected. The staff was very helpful. I was there attending a conference held in the convention center of the same hotel and the conference team messed up my reservation - as it was arranged through them - and the hotel reception staff was more than helpful not letting me sleep on the street until they can reach the conference admins the following day since i arrived late at night.
The breakfast buffet was very nice with variety with options everyday that you can never get bored.
For the location, the hotel is a walking distance to the city center which is taksim square and this is really a privilege. In addition, if you need a taxi to go anywhere else just get out of the hotel and there it is

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank NTKhair
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Many thanks for your kind feedback and nice comments.

I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and services given by our team members in general.

Best regards,

Hilton Istanbul

Write a ReviewReviews (2,694)

Reviewed May 12, 2012

This is a great place to stay. The service is excellent, the rooms a little old fashioned but super comfortable. You can get a great Bosphorus view with a little extra money but the city view is equally amazing. The rooms have a lovely balcony where you can enjoy the great view with your morning coffee. Their breakfast spread is impressive - though the lady a the egg counter did not understand much English so I never got my egg cooked the way I wanted. But the waiters and other staff were very helpful and would even give us tips on how not to get fooled by the taxi drivers (Beware of taxi drivers in Istanbul!!) Their room service menu is equally good if you get too tired after a long day of sightseeing. Me and my husband loved this place. This hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants and also close to the train station and airport shuttle service. You have got to try this place.

Room Tip: Try getting the room with the Bosphorus view. It is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saran0109
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent Hilton Istanbul experience.

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services in general. I appreciate your kind feedback regarding our team member at the egg counter. Please be informed that necessary trainings will be conducted to keep our usual high service standards level.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Good service, clean and relatively big rooms, good location in Taxim area, tasty (as compared with other hotels) food. In general, good Hilton chain hotel. Not cheap, of course.

The only problem I had here was Internet connection. Wifi singal in the rooms is not always good. Moreover, I had to re-login to the Internet from my iPhone quite often which was irritating. I did not have such a problem when connected from a laptop though.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank dllysenko
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for sharing your kind comments on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services in general. I would like to inform you that necessary precautions regarding the quality of internet issue have been taken in order to prevent similar problems from reoccurring.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

2 nights on a business trip with a colleague on my first visit to Istanbul. I am told this hotel was Hilton's first international property and although it looks a little outdated inside & out now the location is fantastic overlooking the Bosphorus and the service and comfort are what you would expect from Hilton.
I took a room with river views and, with my free broadband (!), was able to get plenty of work done in between meetings. We also hired a conference room for another meeting and were well looked after, also used the gym and spa facility which was great.
The Police roadblocks outside the hotel are a little disconcerting to start with but you get used to them, while cabs are plentiful and cheap.
Would go back to Istanbul, and maybe the Hilton, but Interconti up the road looks good too...

Room Tip: Bosphorus view of course.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Adrianhands
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Many thanks for your kind feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services in general. I would like to clarify that the Police roadblocks outside the hotel were just for May 1st, Labor Day and done by the local authorities.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Excellent location and quiet with large external area.
Has much to do, with the gym and pool's in and out of the hotel.
It has nice bar high with views over the Bosphorus and the city. The night is fantastic.
Large and comfortable living spaces for walks at the shops.
The rooms are much larger than usual in other Hilton's and have large balconies
with beautiful views.
The breakfast is top in quality and variety !
The hotel is 10 minutes walk from Taksim Square.
Yes, will choose again in Istanbul !

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kostas X
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for your kind feedback and nice comments.

I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services in general.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Istanbul on Hilton Honor Points totaling 180,000. We had made reservations for two queen size beds and received one and a roll up bed. The second night we had a problem with a dirty bathroom and the airconditioning wasn't working properly.
We called for a front desk manager and housekeeping intervened. The dirty bathroom was cleaned satisfactorily. The following day I spoke with a manager which acknowledged our problems and offered us a new room. We declined because we didn't wish to move all of our belongings etc. and asked whether it would be safe to leave our balcony door open for a breeze and were told it was. He apologized and offered us a complimentary dinner which we accepted.
Bathroom issues continued involving absence of towels etc. which were corrected when house keeping was notified. We had our complimentary buffet dinner but were charged "for the one drink each and a bottle of water" that were ordered.
After our partially complimentary buffet, one of us sleeping in the roll up bed fell through it as it partially collapsed. We are not large people by any means. The following day, we requested that the roll up bed be replaced and it was. We weren't asked whether anyone was hurt but advised there was no injury.
We complained through Hilton Rewards upon our return home and the hotel management agreed to credit our credit card for the drinks charged during our complimentary dinner.
We asked for a refund of points for our stay by the hotel management and received an e-mail from the hotel management offering us a free upgrade for our next stay in Turkey. There will be no further visits to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank william_guernsey
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Mr. Guernsey,

I am very sorry to see that we were not able to make your stay as convenient as it must have been and my suggestion for your next stay was not useful.

As I have investigated and informed you before; our Duty Manager made your bed changed immediately right after we got the complaint. He offered a room change with an upgrade for all your inconvenience; however when you preferred to stay in the same room, he sent VIP amenities and arranged a complimentary dinner for you. Unfortunately, due to a system error you had been charged for the beverages; however, I once more would like to confirm that beverage charges have been rebated to your credit card account.

I am very sorry to learn that all recovery treatments that have been done so for are not sufficient to make you feel valued as a guest.

Please do not hesitate to contact my office for your future travel plans to Istanbul. We will try to do our best to make your future stay as memorable as it can be.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon offering you our improved services and Turkish hospitality.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Istanbul Hilton is older than I am at 55 years but you would never know it. The location is the best, overlooking the Bospherous Channel/Bridge and in a wonderful walkable, upscale neighborhood. The rooms are big and airy, with wonderful features and for me, a great value. The food is great and the top-floor business lounge comfortable. Service is adequate and friendly but not overly fussy. I only wish they had a tour desk and shuttle van. All in all, one of the top Hilton properties in the entire chain!

Room Tip: Bospherous side
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank singabob
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Many thanks for your kind comments.

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services in general. I would like to inform you that we have a Concierge department which arranges tours and transfers; and I am very sorry if this was not communicated to you properly.