“Best in town!”
Review of Divan Istanbul

Divan Istanbul
Ranked #139 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have stayed with family here in Divan Hotel and we were amazed with the hospitality, comfort and location. Breakfast was delicious. During the entire stay, all employees made every effort to help us feel comfortable. Thank you to all Divan employees.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank fozco33

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great Hotel all around. A lot of attention to detail. Best of Turkish hospitality. Made me feel I have arrived in this superb secular city! A beer on Divan. Would i stay again if i came back? Definitely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank citruschill
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I live in New York and visit Divan Hotel every time I am in Istanbul. I stayed there twice and was impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, top notch service, and value of the hotel. In my later visits, when I stayed with friends, we went to Divan for lunch and for afternoon tea. Every time we were blown away. The deserts at the cafe are spectacular. The service is quick and friendly. If I had to stay at a hotel in Istanbul, I would pick Divan Hotel every time.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Divan is well known with its good service. Also location is perfect to discover the city. Next to Taksim but not on the crowded side. Also pastries are quite popular. I esp recommend almond paste. Almond paste is a traditional Ottoman palace pastry. Now it is not easily seen but Divan is famous with it. It is my exclusive present for my foreigner guests. I do recommend to taste and take as a gift. Every bite is just fun. I am sure you will open your gift box in the plane and finish all..

Room Tip: Back rooms for city panorama
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank orangetree76
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hotel that makes your stay perfect in all fronts. Staff was very supportive. I was in Taksim Square; at the heart of the city, in 3 minutes. I enjoyed my room, the facilities were also great. I would stay there next time.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Its a fine hotel, very well designed. I stayed ther with my wife for 4 nights in a standard room, which was perfect in every detail, nicely furnished, large closets, good lighting, nice desk, comfortable bed and it even had a motorized blackout curtain.
The bathhroom was spacious, well equiped, great shower.
Nice spa, with gym and indoor pool.
The staff was friendly, but, as we stayed during the Taksim Square riots, they were a bit concerned on the guests security. Wi Fi is very expensive (15 euros per day), but they gave it us for free, I imagine as a compensation for the difficulties we had to go trough as the streets nearby wer blocked.
Taksim Square has a metro station, so moving to the rest of the city is easy.
The restaurant is great too.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok, the building is new, so street noise is not an issue. The ones that face the squar...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Cristian A
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is an old Istanbul classic that has recently been fully renovated. They are located in the heart of the city and are still quite reasonably priced. The staff is well trained, attentive and well meaning. Breakfast is huge. This is a gem of a hotel...

Room Tip: All rooms are great...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple