“excellent hotel”
Review of Divan Istanbul

Divan Istanbul
Ranked #135 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 4, 2012

this is a great hotel, very nice staff, luxurious room and bathroom, beautiful view, well located, breakfast is very good, so are the restaurants. i cannot say anything bad about this hotel. perhaps it does not have so much character or charm, but for those rates, it is super worth it. i was there for business but traveling with my partner, who also enjoyed it. i would recommend it and stay there again.

1  Thank saopaulosaopaulo

Reviewed January 1, 2012

After staying at the intercontinental for 6 nights, we moved to Divan for 1 night as Intercontinental's rates for New Year weekend doubled. Divan is across the street from Intercontinental .... it's very new and modern. Though we enjoyed our stay at Intercontinental and have no complaints, Divan was a class above....excellent facilities, beautiful Spa, great rooms. We got upgraded to Deluxe King room, whose bathroom was almost as big as the room. Only regret, wish we had stayed at this hotel the other 6 nights as well.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I am just back from Istanbul business trip and very happy with the chosen hotel! You will not find bad feedback in this review! No way!
Will start with the location - it is perfect. Right next to Taksim square and Besiktas stadium. It is very close to famous DolmaBahce palace and famous shopping street Nisantasi from the other side. The hotel itself is totally renovated. So fresh and clean, very cozy and nice inside. The staff is extremely polite and helpful! Rooms are so comfortable, size is right to the point and design is great! Even if my windows were looking to the road, I slept like an angel because of silence. The bathroom is huge! They even have scales there. Service was on a very good level. The food is great! Products are fresh and breakfast is very rich and tasty! Hotel has own sweets shop and every day after room service is done you can find chocolate next to your bed! :) The only small minus is that internet is not for free. We also arranged one of the meeting rooms for the presentation and it was very comfortable and neat. The snack set was very fresh with a good range of products and good service. I also can recommend it for any celebrations, as they have very nice banquet halls. In general I liked the hotel a lot and will stay there again for 100%!!! To my opinion this is the one of the best hotels of Istanbul. Highly recommended! Check out the pictures!

1  Thank PickyYay
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Divan used to be a big hotel with a great location on Taksim Square with worn rooms and tired public spaces. After two years and millions of dollars, the Koc Group has created one of the best hotels anywhere in the world. The rooms are larege and well appointed. The bathrooms, in particular, will satisfy the most fussy business traveler and the most fastidious tourist. Large, good products, hot strong shower. Everything you will want. The beds are wonderful even if you have to struggle a bit to turn off all of the lights and lower the shade.

The Divan has a great small bar and a very good Turkish restaurant. It also has a Japanese restaurant that has attracted a lot of attention. I tried it and I would urge you to go Turkish. The Japanese cuisine is fine but the staff doesn't know how to guide most people through the incredibly complicated menu. And, the Kaizei menu, which receives rave reviews, has to be ordered in advance which meant that I did not try it.

All in all, this is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in over the past three years and I have stayed in some very good ones in London, Berlin, Chicago, Tokyo and Seoul. I should also add that the rates are a bargain right now. Once word is out on the quality of this place, that will change.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank RCK52
Reviewed November 30, 2011

A note to start: there are several Divan hotels in Istanbul. They are named in a way that sometimes you might get confused between them. The names of the streets do not help a lot. I am rating here the one in Cumhuriyer cad.
Having said that, the hotel is extremely pleasant. Medium size (not a mammoth hotel) which helps to make you feel home. Very elegant without excesses. An excellent feeling of "new" (which in my opinion is very important in hotels). Personnel extremely helpful without being too heavy (for example they do not insist in accompanying you in the room at check-in unless you need it, which I find very appropriate).
Both rooms and bathrooms are very spacious.
Breakfast offers a very large and first class choice.
If I have to find one small fault, is about the long time needed to get really hot water in the shower. A you see, a very marginal issue.
The hotel is in great location both for tourist and for business travellers which have their business in the surroundings. I'm saying that because, as everybody that has been in Istanbul knows, the traffic is really heavy in this huge city, especially at certain times in the day (late afternoon you better walk) and cars can find themselves stuck for very long time.
All in all a highly recommendable choice.

1  Thank marco_and_nadine
Reviewed November 23, 2011

When I arrived at the Divan Hotel I thought this place was a bit too ritzy for my taste, I usually stay at funky B&B's or local places but the staff made me feel very comfortable and taken care of. I was in Istanbul for a month on business and made use of their restaurants, room service, laundry service, and concierge quite frequently. I did not use the gym or spa but only because I ran out of time.
When I told the staff I only wanted my room cleaned once a week they respected my request and only did turn down service for me in the evening. I was left fresh fruit everyday, and although they had a fully stocked fridge and "honor bar", I did not partake of those, but chose to bring in my own water and snacks from the outside. the room itself was very comfy, the beds memory foam and the pillows very full and abundant. Only drawback is that the phone was clear across the room at the desk, so not convenient for late, long distance calls to home.
I did enjoy the free buffet breakfast in the mornings, it was a real treat to have local breads, yogurts, honey, olives and other goodies, although the eggs were a bit runny for my taste and took getting used to. The Japanese restaurant was very good, but the menu was limited and the ambience a bit cold. Also the ambient music was a bit odd and depressing. I liked the music choices in the pub much more, very hip and upbeat.
The Divan was very close to my workplace and to Taksim Square. I found I could walk to almost anywhere I needed to from there, and taxis and metro were very close at hand from the hotel if I wanted to venture further.
I would definitely consider coming back to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: My room faced the street and was noisy at night. Choose an inside room or one on the other side and...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Dear Trip Advisor,

We stayed at Divan Hotel Taksim, Istanbul between Nov 6-9, 2011 and we are writing to let you know that our stay was excellent.

This was not our first stay and in one of our previous stays the hotel staff was very kind to supply warm milk to our son at midnight. This was the reason why we preferred Divan as our first choice to stay in Istanbul.

Divan Istanbul just opened its door after exclusive renovation. Food is excellent as it always has been. We never wanted to walk off from breakfast as fruits, bread and yogurt was as home made.

You can easily feel the quality and sensitive touch of the hotel management at each location. First of all, all the staff is friendly and smiling. They try to do their best at all instances. One night we invited our Australian and Japanese friends for tea to the bar. Although it was not in their menu the staff picked up Turkish tea from the pastry and served Udon from the Japanese restaurant of the hotel.

One night we dined at the Turkish restaurant of the hotel. The risotto was the best we ever tried. Our son went for Tandir kebab which was also excellent. Their vine menu and fresh fruit drink were also excellent.

Our son who is 12 years old received a connecting room for him. Needles to say, he enjoyed his own TV channels as a courtesy of the hotel management. Although located at the center of Taksim, the rooms were very quiet due to good isolation. A delicate of touch for the bed and furniture including all details of the bathroom makes us think that we will look forward staying in this hotel soon again.

The only draw back was the pool that was under construction but we never had the will to swim during our stay.

We cordially recommend the Divan hotel due to its very good location and hospitality. The price you pay is worth it.

Feza Korkusuz MD