“Great Hotel”

Grand Hyatt Istanbul
Ranked #70 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Beautiful hotel. Staff was friendly and professional. My room was very nice and clean. The only drawback to this hotel was - it is a long way from the airport. I would have preferred to stay closer to the airport.....but this was still a super place. The breakfast buffet was unbelievable!!!! Anything and everything you wanted.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Doug S
GHI_12, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Doug S,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Grand Hyatt Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.
We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.
We also look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Istanbul in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the Grand Hyatt Istanbul. The front desk was helpful and the concierge followed up with a restaurant for us throughout the day and communicated with us via email so we didn't have to try and call.

Pros
- Breakfast: We had a rate that included breakfast and I enjoyed it. There were many options including many breads, made to order omelets and constant flowing coffee and/or tea.
- Helpful staff: The hotel concierge was very helpful when it came to having to make dinner
reservations while we were out during the day so that the reservations were completed when we got back in the afternoon.
- Very close to the Havanas bus: The Havanas bus was a bus that you can take direct from Ataturk airport and has a few drop-off points, one of which is two blocks away from the Hyatt. This allows you to avoid having to decide between public transit or taxi.
- Close to Taksim Square Metro: You can enter an underground walkway two blocks away from the hotel and then take moving walkways to the Taksim station.

Cons
- Corporate: This is a corporate hotel so while it is comfortable there is not really any local flavor so if you want to have an "Istanbul feel" then this isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katie H
GHI_12, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

At the same time your feedback on the Turkish decoration is well noted and will be considered in our further efforts to improve our hotel accommodation during the next renovation of our guest rooms.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

One of the best 5 stars in Instabul ideal for either leisure or business travelers .Located in Taksim area , very close to Taksim park and the Taksim metro station.

Nice view to Bosporus if you are in a high floor. Nice restaurant ,named 34 .

Rooms are spacious , even the lower category, the amenities are adequate .

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GHI_12, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear SpyrosNikolakakis,

I hope your travels will bring you back to Istanbul again soon and it will be our pleasure to welcome you again as our guest.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

A lovely hotel, as you would expect from Hyatt a decent breakfast, good sized rooms and reliable service. I would only say, the bar was a bit dissapointing, not many options for drinking, good location close to Taksim, nice gym, free WI-FI, I left my jacket there and they posted it to me, I was surprised by how much it cost to do this, but still trusted good service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidF2011

Dear DavidF2011,

We were pleased to hear that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time I can assure you that your feedback regarding the Bar menu is addressed to the concerned managers and will definitely be considered.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay in this hotel but visited it on a Sunday brunch. It was very very tasty! All that you can imagine you will find there. The service was of really five stars hot. And the hotel is very beautiful with magnolia garden inside. Highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.
We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch and will certainly share your appreciation with the team.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I wanted a nice hotel for a couple of nights to go and watch Chelsea play Galatasaray in Istanbul.
I had previously twice stayed in The Hilton, which was very pleasant, but this now appeared to be disproportionately expensive.

In fact all the comparable 5-star hotels seemed to be considerably more expensive than The Grand Hyatt.

This place is lovely…and well positioned, within walking distance from Taksim Square.

On arrival, I was immediately upgraded, without any prompting, by the smiley receptionist. He was rewarded with a Chelsea badge, which as a Fenerbahçe fan, he gratefully received.

My room was on the 8th Floor (The Grand Club Floor)…and was huge with a marble bathroom with a vast bath tub and a glass-enclosed rain shower.

Great TV and a very comfortable bed.

Additionally, the 8th Floor offered entrance to the Grand Club Lounge where all the food and booze was complimentary…happy days.

This meant that I didn’t spend much time in the Mezzanine Restaurant & Bar or the Library Bar, except in the latter, after the match when we enjoyed a few Efes in there until 2 am.

Apparently there is also the Gaia Spa & Fitness Centre offering spa treatments and an authentic hammam experience. This, along with the outdoor pool, remained unvisited.

And Chelsea got a good draw…

Room Tip: Be nice...Smile and hope for an upgrade...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
GHI_12, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is indeed a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our services have been satisfactory. Please be assured that your kind comments are shared with the team. Your appreciation is very motivating for them to continue the good work they are doing.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I had a terrible experience with the hotel..starting they try to push you to upgrade your reservation in a non acceptable way ..cable not working properly most of the time and lastly one of my bags which I kept at the concierge until my picking up time is lost and I discovered that while I collect my bags from the taxi at the airport and when I contacted the hotel ..they said they have nothing! If they have nothing ..where is my bag? The only positive issue in this hotel is the restaurant staff and room service who were so friendly. .

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Amir M
GHI_12, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Mr. Amir,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at Grand Hyatt Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your valuable comments.

I would like to apologize to you for the unpleasant experience you had with one of our team members on check-in and for the confusion concerning you luggage. The issues have been immediately addressed with the concerned managers to make sure these do not happen again. At the same time I am also happy to report that your bag has been found and already sent to you as requested.

Dear Mr. Amir, I do hope that your travels will bring you back to Istanbul again and that you will allow us another chance to be of service to you to demonstrate that your experience was an exception and not our usual standard. We do look forward to have you as our guest again and please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Yours faithfully,