“Worst hotel on the trip”

Grand Hyatt Istanbul
Ranked #77 of 1,140 Hotels in Istanbul
singapore
“Worst hotel on the trip”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The counter staff and restaurant staff were so aloof, they put on fake smiles and made me feel like I didn't deserve to be there just because I was in jeans and a jacket. I wouldn't even give them 50 cents more

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank daniel h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Have stayed at this Hotel on numerous occasions over the past 8 years. The rooms are lovely and extremely comfortable. The main restaurant and breakfast area has recently been refurbished, the breakfast choice is great. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Free Wifi.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room if possible
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Northampton England
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

A perfectly fine Hyatt, but nothing to make it stand out. Standard style rooms, service, facilities etc....wondered whether to give 4 or 3 star....relatively poor breakfast crossed the line to 3. Last time stopped at ritz Carlton - different level entirely if mor pricey !

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Waldea
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at this Hyatt Hotel on my last night in Istanbul near Taksim Square. I am a Platinum Member but I was still surprised when Front Desk immediately upgraded me to the Grand Club Level!! I accessed my floor using a private elevator.

The 9th floor room had a wonderful view of the Pool and the Beyoglu district, which is famed for its restaurants and shops. I first drew a nice deep hot bath for myself in the washroom. There is a step-in waterfall shower, too. The bath has shutters above it that can be opened for visual and space access to the bedroom. Nice.

The General Manager sent me a plate of fruit as a welcome. I answered the doorbell in a bathrobe and slippers provided by the hotel.

Later I checked out the Grand Club on Floor 8 which is accessible by a spiral staircase winding down into the library. The attendant kindly asked me if she may order lunch for me but I declined, opting for a soda instead. During the evening they serve canapés and Turkish delights. They also provide a self serve full bar so guests may make their own cocktails. I had Jack and Coke.

Also tried the Lobby Bar where I ordered a Gin & Tonic (30 Turkish Lira) that I tried to charge to my room. This is not possible, as I found out, later in the evening when front desk sent a courier with the bill to my room. I charged it to my Hyatt Visa just like the room when I first reserved online.

The Hotel is near Taksim Square and awesome shopping just beyond. I did last minute shopping before dinner time. For lunch I found Yutaka Japanese Restaurant near the Hotel. And then I found POPEYES chicken!! Had to try it.

My wake up call was exactly on time at 2 AM. There is always a taxi ready at the Hotel Front and I left Istanbul in a light rain. The ride to Ataturk Airport cost me 50 Turkish Lira. I tipped the driver 20 Turkish Lira. Can’t wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Ocean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GREENCHILEcam
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel, in a very convenient location of Istanbul. The quality of the food served is second to none, the variety and choice available is simply second to none. The rooms are large and comfortable, very nicely decorated. The staff is very friendly and the security quite tight, as one would expect. Pricey but worth the money, I would highly recommend it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shrewsbury
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying in this hotel on business. The rooms are well apointed, comfortable bed and great bathroom. Gym was well equipped but the spa doesn't have a jacuzzi, just a steam room and sauna. The rates might be half decent but the bar was wickedly expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Winchester
Reviewed January 25, 2013

After 3 nights at Grand Hyatt, i must say the club lounge is very good with food and drinks complimentary, breakfasts are excellent with an immense variety and top quality. We ad lunch twice in the restaurant and the food was exquisite. The mattress made me suffer every morning with back pain. Concieges were top guys, service with a smile.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family