InterContinental Istanbul
$194
$163
$117
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$34
$489
$369
Cancelon
1,900 results
All reviewstaksim squaretop floorthe club loungesafran restaurantgreat hotelroom servicefive star hotelbosphorus viewrooftop baran upgradeturkish bathturkish lirametro stationexcellent locationturkeyasian sideold city
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I wanted some luxury in Istanbul and found it here. Great staff and a spacious and clean room with a stunning 14th floor view of the Bospourus. The spa is great, with a good gym area with free weights, machines, cardio and a pool area to catch some sun. I took a Turkish bath and I highly recommend it! I felt so squeaky clean afterwards! The location is good by Taksim square. The advance purchase rate plus my Ambassador benefits made this a good value.

• Stayed: August 2011
VYildirim, Guest Relations Officer at InterContinental Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding the services and staff during your visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and rest assured that your comments will be shared with the whole team here and read with pride.

We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at the Ceylan InterContinental Istanbul.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed here for two nights. Am an Intercontinental Gold Ambassador member. First they had two bookings for me and were insisting this wasn’t a mistake, after my travelling colleague from work had the same issues they then realised this was a glitch on their internet website. This whole process took them 20 minutes and about 3 staff, all in Turkish whilst i am was kept standing at the check in. Then once that was sorted they couldn’t find my Intercontinental Ambassador details, again another 15 minutes, until i suggested they call Intercontinental, once they did they found my number. SO after about 35 minutes standing at reception I finally to a so called upgrade room. The room was awful, old musty and clearly hadn’t been cleaned, it had greasy hand marks over the windows and the bathroom was disgusting. I complained and said i wanted to move hotels, they then put me in a suite, which whilst it was larger was still same old furnish and tired deco. At this point the front office manager finally was called and then couldn’t do enough, but by this time the damage was done.

Only good thing about this hotel is the door staff, friendly and helpful.

Don’t stay here until they renovate and retrain staff, much better in Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank D H

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know your inconveniences regarding your stay at the Ceylan InterContinental Istanbul and we appreciated the time you have taken to bring this matter to our attention.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort this may have caused and please make sure that your comments have been passed onto the appropriate department for corrective action.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I spent 16 nights in this hotel while attending professional conferences. Not once did I tire of the breakfast buffet items. I also ate at the Garden Grille several times during my stay. The restaurant topside was closed for remodeling. I did have the opportunity to enjoy the view and drinks at the bar.

First of all I must mention the staff. I think every one of them must go to a charm school before they are hired. The hostess at the breakfast buffet is professional, courteous, and friendly. Need I mention that she has a regal walk.

I had a slight problem one of the first days, but the staff are problem solvers. The doormen who hail the taxis provide you with a slip of paper on which the license of the taxi is written on one side and the other a list of estimated fares for many of the more common attractions.

The room was comfortable, the bed provided a great sleep, and I had a great view of the Bosphorus that was easy on the eyes. I never tired of it.

The concierge was extremely helpful in arranging a couple of day trips: one to Efes and another to Princess Islands. As a woman traveling alone I was comforted by the fact the tour companies were ones which the hotel frequently did business.

As a woman traveling alone I found this hotel extremely comfortable! On my birthday a floral arrangement appeared in my room. Also at dinner the staff of the Grille brought me a birthday cheesecake with sparklers and sang "happy birthday" to me. What a great memory.

In recent years I have traveled a great deal and I would say this is the BEST hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 24, 2011

In for only an overnight pre-cruise. Didn't know what to expect after reading some of the other reviews on this site. From our perspective, we found the location very convenient, easy access to Istiklal Caddesi for an evening stroll (with the rest of Istanbul) and quick to get to a tram for access to Sultanahmet to all major tourist attractions. Rooms (standard for us) were perfectly adequate in size and their attention to detail included recognition that it was my birthday (from my passport I guess at check-in) resulting in a complementary flower arrangement brought up to the room within 5 minutes of arrival. Breakfast buffet was very nice. This was included in our room package and so I could not comment on value. All staff encountered were professional, courteous and helpful. In short, everything that an ICH should be.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John L

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding the staff during your visit.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel is very well located; it’s away from the Taksim noise yet only a minute’s walk to the business heart of Istanbul. The reception was perfect and we got an early check-in at 10:00 and they even gave us a room on a high floor with partial Bosphorus view upon our request. The breakfast was also good. All this made us wish we had stayed longer as we only had booked one night with the hotel.
The only downside was the standard rooms being a bit cramped and the beds which were not big enough for anyone taller than 6 feet!

Room Tip: Get Bosphorus view rooms on highest possible floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple