“Best Private Tour Ever in Istanbul with Salih” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Local Guide Istanbul Tours

My Local Guide Istanbul Tours
Ranked #4 of 402 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: See the local places and local faces of Turkey with My Local Guide Istanbul. Istanbul is a melting pot of European and Asian influences, a mix of the traditional and modern worlds and the best way to explore the city is with My Local Guide Istanbul. Immerse yourself in the heart and soul of the only city in the world that crosses two continents. Walk in the mazes of local streets, visit hidden historic destinations, drink tea with the locals and taste the rich and flavoursome cuisine of the region. My Local Guide Istanbul, with five years experience in leading tours for english-speaking International travellers, offers tours designed and delivered by local people with a passion for Turkey and travel. We specialise in tours for the independent traveller who likes to walk side by side with the locals and explore places that are not easy to discover on your own.
Newport Beach, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Private Tour Ever in Istanbul with Salih”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My sister and I wanted to see as much as possible in one day in Istanbul. We didn't want to go with a busload of people and we wanted to go to the usual places but some out of the way places too. So what did we do? We booked a tour with Salih from My Local Guide Istanbul Private Tours. We are SO GLAD we did. Salih delivered all that we had hoped for and more. With just my sister and I and Salih in our group we went to the places we wanted to go to and if we wanted to ask any questions at all including questions on religion and politics, we were free to ask. I leaned a lot from Salih and appreciate the Turkish customs much more as a result. He is tireless. He will continue on with the tour until you can't go any more. He shows everything from back alleys you would not go to without him, but feel perfectly at home with him there. He takes you to several mosques and explains why things are the way they are. He is charming and not at all pushy. He is passionate about his business and genuinely cares about his clients. His fee is very reasonable and he earns it fully. You will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED if you select Salih as your tour guide. If/when we are back in Istanbul, we will certainly look him up for another tour. The tour we went on was of our own making and not one of the ones listed on his website. So you can custom make your own tour. Remember thought the Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays so we had to go to that attraction on our own, which we did for over 5 hours.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Juliet F

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Salih, more than a guide, he is a friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

walking with Salih is like go around the city with a good friend. Soon you can feel this matter because he is really very close and friendly. I adivice to do every tour of the program that he propose because you will know the real istanbul life. He feels that the users need and can also change program to make your tours nicer.
Excellent! My compliment

Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Istanbul with Salih”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My stay in Istanbul was much too short and I will have to go back again soon. My day spent with Salih made my trip unforgettable. He was much more than I could have hoped for and has endless patience, which he needed when we took a break from sight-seeing so that I could find a "different" pair of jeans.
I highly recommend Salih to everyone who wants to see as much as possible, learn all the interesting things, and all the other things that tourists want, but without rushing around like a lunatic.
Neil Weston (Cape Town)

Visited August 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Marvelous Experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

My family with two young kids ( aged 7 & 11 ) had an unforgettable time in Istanbul in Aug. Thanks to the great and friendly service provided by Salih.

Having younger kids with us around, Salih had tailor-made our tours in order to make the kids feel more comfortable and enjoyable throughout the trip.

We truly enjoyed our trip in Istanbul. "Saoh" ( Thank you ) Salih !!

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Great waling tour of Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

On our cruise to Istanbul, we talked up this tour opportunity and a group of fellow passengers wanted to go along. Salih was our tour guide, and we surprised him since we had 10 people and he was only expecting the two of us. However, he handled all of us (like herding cats) and did an extensive tour of many of the highlights of the old city. Included in the walking tour was a stop for tea and hookah, another stop at a local dining establishment for authentic Turkish food, and a final stop for a baklava tasting. Three mosques, two shopping bazaars, parks, Istanbul University, and a series of other highlights (like overlooking the Bosforous) were a few of the highlights. Because of the number of guests and all our desires to "see everything," we spent about 6 hours walking but enjoyed every minute of it! Highly recommended, very knowledgeable, and an excellent command of English.

Visited September 2012