“Wonderful Turkish Restaurant in Istanbul, Turkey”
Review of Can Oba Restaurant

Can Oba Restaurant
Ranked #244 of 13,607 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Los Angeles
“Wonderful Turkish Restaurant in Istanbul, Turkey”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

You often are aggressively approached by restaurant employees in Istanbul, to eat at their establishments. My husband and I found Jon, the owner of Can Oba, exactly the opposite. He didn't need to push people, because his food is so good. With so many restaurants in Istanbul, and we passed by many, we ate at Can Oba twice in 2 nights! The food is fresh, authentic, very reasonable and the owner and his wife are wonderful people. Their salad dressing was light and delicious. Everything we tried was great. That is why we went back again, so we could try other items on their menu. I would highly recommend Can Oba! Their email is can_oba@yahoo.com.
Address is: Hocapasa Mah, Hocapasa Sok, No:10 Sirkeci Fatih/ Istanbul. Tel: 0212 522 12 15

• Visited May 2012

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Yeovil
“What A Great Place”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Spent a gret aevening here , the food was superb , at a very resonable price ,Can kindly gave us complimentary mezzie , bread and then to top it off a desert of chocolate moose to die for .

I f have a chance you must visit this place ! It is superb

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ScottieYeovil
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How perfect can you get...Can Oba!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had read no reviews on Can Oba and happened upon it by chance. Allah was smiling on us! We were warmly greeted by the owner who runs this little restaurant as if he were hosting you in his home. I had the Spinach and Goat Cheese Lasagne special; special it was! The pasta was homemade by the owner and was so light, that it melded seamlessly into the goat cheese to make an incredible taste sensation with the spinach and topping of fresh tomatoes. My girlfriend had the lamb shish. She's a lamb officianado and has never had better. It was seasoned and cooked to perfection. We returned another night and once again were welcomed as family. This time I had the Macaroni special. OMG-if you have this dish you'll never think of macaroni as the elbow noodle stuff you're used to eating. The owner makes homemade, thick long pasta noodles, seasons them just right and tops them with the most wonderfully ripe and flavorful tomatoes. Out of this world! Then, he treated us to his chocolate mousse-the best I've ever had. Truly was a luscious cloud of mouse flecked with tiny morsels of dark chocolate, all on a stream of plum sauce accented with freshly poached plums. To die for!! I travel the world and in my book, the warm, friendly service and fantastic and creative food, all at reasonable prices, are not to be missed. Can Oba will be my first stop on my return to Istanbul.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Rhonda L
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Hidden gem in a side street :)”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We found this restaurant just by chance and i must say i was really suprised:) I didnt expect anything extra but i must say the food is just amazing, big thank u to the owner and the staff. All of them were kind and very friendly. We tried many places in Istanbul but in this restaurant i felt like the food is made with heart. We came back twice and I hope that we can enjoy the tasty kebabs on our next Istanbul trip too. We will come back inshallah:)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Noorika
“Do not go here”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

For the first time instead of going with our gut feeling we went on the reviews from trip advisor. Never, never again the food was bad for any one to say the best must have a limited cuisine experience. I had the salmon in lime sauce with hard peppers, tomatoes which were grilled for maybe two minutes. My husbands meat was bland and the salad was just ok we then went for the best cheese cake in the world which was frozen to the fact we could not cut through to the base. I have never done a review before but just had too as I do not want others to make the same mistake believe me you have been warned.

5 Thank Epixxs