“cozy, friendly, unique”

Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Salzburg, Austria
“cozy, friendly, unique”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

this is a one of a kind place near THE tourist atractions of istanbul! the owner told me that there are around 4000 lamps in the restaurant and the hotel! ;) food was good and the service is friendly! go there and have a relaxing time!

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Best place to find peace after shoping.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Best place to find peace after shoping and site viewing. You dont have outside view but inside is very nice and quite. I will recomend this colonial turkish pub to see everyone.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Beautiful restaurant in old Sultanahmet”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a great restaurant just north of the Basilica in Sultanahmet with nice wine, mellow atmosphere, and lots of beautiful lamps. I really recommend it for a dinner in on a rainy huzun night, and afterwards you can buy a cup of sahlep and walk around Ayasofya and Sultanahmet.

Istanbul, Turkey
“KYBELE-THE HIDDEN SECRET TREASURE OF SULTANAHMET, ISTANBUL”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I love this place. It's the hidden secret treasure of Sultanahmet, Istanbul and maybe the only one real non-touristic restaurant in the area! The hotel itself is a so called s-class(as a Mercedes) hotel or a boutique one/ Here I would talk only about the restaurant, because I am a freind of a house-I go there so often, that I would say I just live in that restaurant for 3-4 hours a day...maybe not every day, but really often...Sometimes, I come for lunch, knowing, that the mainstream of the tourists would never bother me here even during the afternoon-even sometimes I see rare small groups of them, but they are always with expensive and very profesional private guides-otherwise they would probably never find the door of such a nice place themselves:-) - only by chance maybe-because-usually tourists see just that there is an hotel there and they have no idea to come inside really....So, I have lunch there time to time and of course I come for dinner and sit there till late night with my PC and camera-downloading my photos to the Facebook or something like that or talking by Skype with my friends round the world. The food in Kybele is very fine and I believe their chef if genius!!! No kidding! You just need to try once anything there and you would surely agree with me! Surely! :-) Their Kybele pie is the best dessert I had ever tryed in my life and I travelled half of the world already, so I can compare a bit :-) I was also a sous-chef in the restaurant long time ago and my rule about restaurants is always the following: If their chef cooks better than me, I would return and if not-forget it!!!" I returned to Kybele for many times and I am waiting with impatience to come again. Right now I am in Moscow region, so I can not go to Kybele restaurant and I miss it here!!! I am looking forward to get there as soon as it would be possible!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Kybele was recommended to me by a colleague. It's not one of those places, where people are standing in the street trying to drag you in. Service is great, I felt very comfortable here. Food was also absolutely great, and it's not expensive in my opinion, however not that cheap either, that one gets suspicious. The place is very cosy, and our host helped us finding other nice places to go. Without doubt the best restaurant, I tried in Istanbul, and I'll be back.