“Amazing food, atmosphere and staff”

Ozi Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #14 of 13,822 Restaurants in Istanbul
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

As the title says, Oz was fantastic on all our visits, the food was delicious every time and the atmosphere is quaint, friendly, and comfortable. Highly recommended, especially if you need a break from the typical fare. Love this place!

There are newer reviews for Ozi Pizza and Pasta

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I read very good reviews about this restaurant and I was not disappointed. It was only two minutes walk from my hotel and it was well worth it. We ordered a Mexican salad, BBQ Lamb pizza and Spaghetti and it was delicious. The staff were so kind that they also gave us a free pistachio dessert and apple tea. I would really recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Yasir K
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have been wanting to sample the pizza at this restaurant for quite some time; however, each time I managed to pop over there, at around 930pm, I found the owner closing down rueing the advent of the off-season. Well, not tonight... Finally, I managed to get into the place and place an order.
As I saw ravioli on the menu, I decided to order cheese ravioli with bolognese sauce as an appetizer to the "Mexican" pizza with mozerella, sausage and mushroom. I was the sole customer so I received my order relatively quickly in about 20-25 minutes.
First came the ravioli. I was astounded to find that the ravioli was perhaps the best I had every eaten. After I ate such perfect ravioli, I regretted not having ordered a second and perhaps third helping in lieu of the pizza. Given the statistical phenomenon of regression to the mean, I was certain that the pizza could not be of equivalent calibre.
The end result was as prognosticated: the pizza, while good, could not compare with the ravioli. In part, this was attributable to the meat topping, which cannot compete with pepperoni or Italian sausage (or even the beef equivalent commonly available in the Arabian Gulf countries). The Turkish equivalent is much less to my taste. A secondary factor was the crust, which was of the pan type, but not quite baked to perfection. The cheese and the sauce, however, were excellent.
In retrospect, I would have been better served by ordering a non-meat-topping pizza from Ozi. Nonetheless, I have some misgivings about this pizza inasmuch as I have had much tastier pizza in other countries not necessarily closely associated with Italian food (e.g. in Cyprus and Ukraine).
The interior is cozy. Beer and wine are available. The owner is gregarious.

1  Thank RichardThomas2001
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friend and I went to this cosy little place twice during our stay nearby! We loved the ambiance, it was warm and friendly and the pizzas I am sure the best in Istanbul! Try the pasta too and the salad is just perfect!

1  Thank Tina G
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We read about Ozi's online. We were dying for some great pizza, not the stuff we kept getting at the touristy restaurants. We tried to find it but no one could seem to help us with directions. We had to leave Istanbul without finding Ozi's. We returned to Istanbul almost a month later determined to find Ozi's. First night back in Istanbul we went to a travel agency. They called Ozi's, got directions and drew us a map. When we arrived the owner was waiting for us. He was so apologetic because we had such a difficult time finding him. The food was worth every bit of effort it took to find. Our pizzas were delicious!!!!. So good that we had 3 more days in Istanbul and went back to Ozi's EVERY DAY!!! We have actually talked about going back to Istanbul so we can go to Ozi's again.