“Try it...;)”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
“Try it...;)”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Best Mongolian restaurant in the city inside popular shopping center Istinye Park...tasty food with a resonable price...:)

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Portland, OR
“Worst stir-fry ever.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had been to Go Mongo at this location before and the vegetarian noodles I had wasn't bad, even though it certainly was not worth the 18 bucks, but Istanbul is expensive, right. So, few days ago, lunch was supposed to be at least "okay" at Go Mongo. I was wrong. I asked for Thai Vegetables on the menu, which was supposed to be a vegetables stir-fry with cashew sauce. I asked for it to to be made with just soy sauce and hot sauce. Obviously, this request was way too much to handle by the chefs. The result was a plate of a handful greasy vegetables, overcooked to the point of turning brown (imagine brown broccoli and zucchini now...). I took a bite and it wasn't hot at all, it was almost sweet, as if they used a sweet sauce. I asked for hot sauce and they took my plate away to add sauce. The result was even worse, the same vegeatbles had been fried again! -Oh, with hot sauce, okay, cheap tabasco.... When I complained, they said it was my fault, since I had asked for soy sauce and hot sauce. I guess that's what they understand from "customer service". In short, if you would like to pay around $20 per plate and eat cheap chinese food (forget Mongolian or Thai... that's what they claim to be!) go for it and the atmosphere is good too. You'll have lots of tabasco and greasy noodles or vegetables. I'm not going back and won't be recommending this place especially to anyone who got to taste decent Mongolian/Thai or good Chinese food. It's an insult to good cuisine. Istanbul does have much better international cuisine restaurants, but Go Mongo is not it!

• Visited April 2013