While there's much in this hotel's favour - friendly owner, good price, a 10-15 minute walk to the main attractions - we had some reservations:
- Location: As two young women on holiday in Istanbul, we received street harassment wherever we went. However, as the hotel is located down side streets away from the main tourist thoroughfares, we felt particularly uncomfortable in its neighbourhood - the attention we received was undiluted by crowds of other tourists. We therefore didn't stay out much later than 9pm. (NB From what we observed, men or women travelling with men wouldn't find the location an issue.)
- Ants in the kitchenette.
- The toilet paper was never replenished - we ended up buying it ourselves.
- Hand towel and bath mat not replaced.
- The rooms could do with 'Do Not Disturb' signs. Frequent knocks from room service meant that on some mornings we felt we were being hurried from the room.
- On our last day, when we were waiting for the taxi to take us to the airport, the cleaner shooed us and our suitcases outside to wait on the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities ( No fee )*Full air/conditioning all rooms *Cable-Satellite TV*Hair dryer*Parking ( Only a Car )*Safe Box*Daily housekeeping every day*Wireless Internet Access*Bicycle Area*Park for kids*Exchange Office*Classical turkish style decore*Central heating system*Fire form and alarm*Non-Smoking room available*Smoking room available*24 hour door security *Fridge in each room*Discount on Laundry Service*Tours - Travel Desk*Bed linens, towels and blankets*Are included in the rates.price is beetween 40- 75 eurocar parking ... more less