Book In Advance
More Information

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Istanbul
from $215.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 9, 2014

Dear all
I do not need to tell you how wonderful Istanbul is. This is a huge city. It has so much culture and exciting things to do. You can find it easily on line for things to do. A few tips that I think will make your trip smoother since I had hard time to find these information before I got there.
Here they are

1. They have tram (not subway) service from airport to downtown but you will need to transfer once which will require another token. They have token machine in every station. It is very easy to move around the city. BUT.... this is a tram. space is very limited and this is a huge city with 15 millions people. Try to picture you carrying your suitcases on the trams on and off twice in a very packed trams. It is not going to happen. It is insane and close to impossible. However, people are extremely nice and polite. They got up and yield the seats to my parents several times. SO what you do....?

2. if you are taking cruises and not using cruise transportation service. I will advise you pre book your pick up and drop off service with Vaitor.com. THey are great. Book it early. If you try to go to airport from city center to airport, The taxi will not run meters, it will cost you twice or triple amount of money due to traffic. Even the last minute Vaitor.com transfer service is more expensive if you book it late during the rush hour.

3. We took tram to airport which only cost 8 Turkish lira. The taxi is asking for 170 US dollar or 150 Eros during rush hours. We do not have luggages with us to get on the tram to airport because I took them to airport the night before to store them. I realize the last day in Istanbul will be difficult since our flight is late and we need to leave the Cruise early and there is no storage units anywhere in the cruise terminal. I was able to find out there are two storage service in the airport. it costs 18 Turkish lira per luggage.
It was not easy for me but make the last day in Istanbul much easier. We were able to go around the city to see things we like to see and then get on the tram to airport.

I hope this information helps. let me know if you have any question.

4  Thank gchuang101
Reviewed October 31, 2014

I used this port many times due to cruises. It is centrally located yet not very convenient due to inadequate planning. Your taxi may not be able to find the entrance to cruise ships which is located on the far side far from the mail port building. Walking out from the ship to Golden Horn to the left may require you to walk first 15 minutes right, then another 15 min to the left to recover the distance, tgen another 15 to reach the bridge. Very stupid planning that is not user-friendly. If better-planned it would have deserved a 5 star rating as it is a port right in city centre.

2  Thank awhw
Reviewed October 28, 2014

This is one of the easiest cruise terminals to access in the world! Tramline T1 has 2 stops less than 5 minutes from the port entrance next to the University.

The terminal is basic but efficient, and you will only have a short walk to your vessel.

Reviewed September 17, 2014

İstanbul is a very much fascinating city with its beautiful Bosphorus where plenty of ships and boats are going up and down.Strongly recommended to arrange a boat tour for a couple of hours from any available piers in Kadıköy,Üsküdar,Kabataş,Eminönü or Karaköy so that the beauties of both sides can be closely seen.

5  Thank junior1907
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Istanbul is one of the most beautiful and amazing ports to enter and exit from. All around, you are greeted by splendid buildings, bridges and mosques. It is a quick walk out of the terminal to Meclis-I Mebusan Caddesi, the main street where the trams whisk you into the Old Town.

The views are amazing during the evenings, with only the major sites lit. As the am fog lifts, a whole different city is presented.

We found little in the way of stores, shops or eateries. Must have missed the shopping centre! There were men selling name brand purses and perfume but that's all I noticed.

1  Thank Mellie2013