Oba Hotel
Stone Hotel(Istanbul)
Ast Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsottoman houseold cityblue mosquehotel ownergreat hoststurkeyhagia sophiano liftsmall hotela great place to staybottled watersultanahmet districtcall to prayerspent nightsgrand bazaarhome away from homewalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at the Oba Hotel for five nights over New Year and were very happy with our accommodation. It was our first visit to Istanbul. The hotel is just a few minutes’ walk from all the main sights in the old city, in an area that retains its authentic ‘old Istanbul’ charm. The hotel itself is very comfortable and welcoming, newly renovated and stylishly furnished. It offers lots of nice touches, like Turkish Delight in the bedroom, and plenty of toiletries, that surpass those of many hotels of higher categories. We stayed on the first floor in a room that overlooked the backyard with a view of the nearby mosque. Everything was spotlessly clean, the beds were comfortable (including the large sofa-bed my son slept on), the bathroom small but new, with a great shower. We were never disturbed by any noise from outside or by other guests, and the early “call to prayer” from the mosque is just part of being in Istanbul and, in my opinion, highly evocative. Breakfast was varied and plentiful. The hotel owner Ismail was the perfect host, going out of his way to provide as much information as he could, always ready to answer questions and helping us to get the best from our stay. His English is excellent. Transfers to and from the airport organised through the hotel were excellent. I really hope to return to Istanbul some time, and if I do, I will go back to the Oba Hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SarahinTuscany
Reviewed December 29, 2013

7 nights I slept in the attic, where all they hear those below and in front of the camera work a carwash that work until 12 o'clock at night. Mosque is 5 meters in front of the camera and 5 am wake up. Someday I ate one serving continental breakfast. Cleanliness is good and room size.Meeting with reception table is together.Very little heat when it is cold.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gabriel g
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Despite being in Istanbul during a rare case of snow and wild weather, we experienced a welcoming warmth that only a boutique hotel like Oba could offer. Next time I'm in town, I'll be looking forward to more Turkish tea and chats by the fire!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I've picked this hotel from reading the many different great reviews about it and i wasnt disappointed! Perfect location, clean, new, little hotel. We were not bothered by any sound during our stay like some reviews reported, it was actually really quiet.
Great for a more intimate stay in the heart of the old city, for people who look for a more authentic stay in the beautiful city of Istanbul.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 5, 2013

It's all been said already, but this place is indeed perfect.
Just a few minutes walking from Aya Sofya, the Blue Mosque and all the major acctractions, very clean and well decorated, but most importantly the owner is probably the frienliest and most helpful person on earth. He goes the extra mile and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay and the city.
One of the best hotels I ever stayed at!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo