“Pleasant Gift Shop”
Review of Zakir Gallery

Zakir Gallery
Ranked #148 of 536 Shopping in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: The Zakir Gallery is gift shop offers you a unique selection of goods including needle laces, crochet neclaces, pashminas, suzani textiles, ikat pillows, silk ikat scarves, ceramics, suzani kaftans,velvet decorative pillows, vintage design ikat, beaded jewellery, silk scarves, small cushions, felt hats and bags in modern and original Ottoman designs.All our exclusive products are handmade in villages around Turkey using only locally produced materials and natural dyes, by women in their homes for whom this is their only source of income.At the Zakir Gallery gift shop we offer you the opportunity to purchase a really special reminder of your visit to Turkey.
San Francisco, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Pleasant Gift Shop”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I went into the Zakir Gallery each one of four days before I made my purchase. There was no pressure. I enjoyed looking at the hand made items in a well-lit shop. Unusual jewelry and beautiful silk things. I really enjoyed the variety. The shop owners were terrific. I kept promising I would come back and buy (I'm sure many people promise...) , so everyday I'd get a friendly greeting. I felt they were honest.The Tashkonak Hotel sent me there. It turned out to be the place that I bought nearly all my goods.

Visited February 2012