“Truly impressive, believe the ratings!”

Elanaz Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #5 of 1,070 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We loved the Elanaz for its size and personal service from each and every staff member and manager. From arrival to late check out everyone went out of their way to help make our stay memorable, opening doors, fetching tea, providing useful information and loaning things such as guide books and an Istanbul pass for public transport.
The location is excellent, five minutes from the main sights of the Historic Peninsula, trains, trams, ferries and buses but there are dozens of hotels nearby so this is not unique. What is unique is the quality of the accommodation and breakfast, the cleanliness, and the people.
You do not expect to get a mini bar, branded toiletries/ note paper/ pencil/ maps/ bath robe/ slippers in small establishments like this but at the Elanaz they have thought of everything.
The only downside which is outside the control of the hotel is the construction work nearby which brought cement mixers down the street until late at night. When this is complete the street should be quite quiet at night.
We would recommend this hotel most highly and can't imagine ever going elsewhere if we returned to Istanbul.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank laNyonsaise
There are newer reviews for Elanaz Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very helpful staff. Made our Istanbul Trip. Great comfortable, value hotel at a Perfect location. The only gripe may be the size, but there is good space management. Environment respect there too. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RastogiRishav
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Elanaz Hotel for 6 days with our 2-year-old son and could not have asked for a better experience. We had many wonderful chats with the lobby staff over fresh-brewed Turkish tea and coffee in the comfortable chairs at the rear of the lobby; the staff were genuine, warm, and had a ton of great recommendations for child-friendly activities (including visiting the Istanbul Aquarium). The cleaning lady, who is also the breakfast lady and provides a superb breaksfast, was super sweet and extra loving (as was the rest of the staff) toward our son.

Our room was on the top floor and had a partial view of the Bosphorus: flooded with light, very spacious, extra bed for our son, large bathroom, plenty of surfaces on which to put our belongings, and great closet space. One reviewer suggested hanging a hook or two on the door: I like that idea.

There is a little convenience store right across from the hotel, which we frequented every night. My husband also went to the barbershop across the street and liked it.
In addition to the service, the location cannot be beat: close to the tram, to Hafiz Mustafa for sweets/coffee/tea, the sights are all within walking distance.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AlejandraSofia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Like other reviewers, we booked the Elanaz Hotel in Istanbul having seen other feedback on Tripadvisor. Nevertheless I remained a little skeptical that a hotel could be so perfect. As new visitors to Istanbul we opted for the offer of airport transport, straight to the hotel. Organised by, but separate from the hotel management. Our holiday went like a dream from the outset. The car was there to pick us up and dropped us at The Elanaz. Staff and management were just as others describe. Friendly, efficient and without doubt go that extra mile to be of assistance and sort out any issues. Fantastic, thank you. Breakfast was plentiful and varied. This is not a hotel for those in need of vast lobbies and the faceless efficiency of large, chain hotels. The Elanaz is bijou, modern, clean and extremely efficient. We don't need anything more when most of our time is spent sightseeing around this fascinating City, the hotel being ideally situated for this either on foot or local transport (great tram system). It goes without saying that we would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our Bosphorous view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 622billy
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The human touch of the small hotel in the centre of the old city gives a wonderful high quality feeling. Next to a tram station, 5 minutes walk from the main mosques. Lovely breakfast, nice rooms, superior service and information to the guests

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kees S
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My sister and I had a great time at the Elanaz Hotel. The staff at the Elanaz exemplifies great customer service. The staff was helpful, accommodating and solicitous. The room was comfortable and clean. I received heart shaped cookies and a flower for Valentine's Day. Breakfast was good, fresh and had variety. I enjoyed crepes, waffles, orange juice and homemade pastries just to name a few items.

The customer service at the Elanaz is genuine. After booking my reservation, I had a change to my travel plans. The company that I booked my hotel reservation through was not very helpful in modifying my reservation after I missed the cut off date for changes or modification. I contacted the Elanaz Hotel via email directly and communicated with Mr. H. Erdem Gökmen. He was gracious and kind. Although he was not obligated to, he sold the dates that I no longer needed and saved me money for nights that I would no longer be staying at the hotel.

I am so glad that I was able to stay at their hotel at the beginning and end of my trip. Staying at the Elanaz Hotel was the best accommodations that was encountered during my vacation! They are a short distance from the tram, the water, shopping and many restaurants.

I would gladly stay here again.

Job well done!

Thank you, from Valerie and Rosemary.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and experienced very little noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vbkny
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just came back from trip to beautiful Istanbul. Based on previous reviews I stayed at this hotel. Excellent location & 5 stars service. Superb. They all went out of their way to help me with personal matters. I was & still am touched.
Because of continuous construction around the area it's little bid noisy just bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. Thank you Elanaz for making my trip successful & less stressful. Consider me a loyal customer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business