“Fantastic place to stay!”

Elanaz Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #8 of 1,038 Istanbul B&B and Inns
White Plains, Maryland
“Fantastic place to stay!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My sister and I had a great time at the Elanaz Hotel. The staff at the Elanaz exemplifies great customer service. The staff was helpful, accommodating and solicitous. The room was comfortable and clean. I received heart shaped cookies and a flower for Valentine's Day. Breakfast was good, fresh and had variety. I enjoyed crepes, waffles, orange juice and homemade pastries just to name a few items.

The customer service at the Elanaz is genuine. After booking my reservation, I had a change to my travel plans. The company that I booked my hotel reservation through was not very helpful in modifying my reservation after I missed the cut off date for changes or modification. I contacted the Elanaz Hotel via email directly and communicated with Mr. H. Erdem Gökmen. He was gracious and kind. Although he was not obligated to, he sold the dates that I no longer needed and saved me money for nights that I would no longer be staying at the hotel.

I am so glad that I was able to stay at their hotel at the beginning and end of my trip. Staying at the Elanaz Hotel was the best accommodations that was encountered during my vacation! They are a short distance from the tram, the water, shopping and many restaurants.

I would gladly stay here again.

Job well done!

Thank you, from Valerie and Rosemary.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and experienced very little noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vbkny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just came back from trip to beautiful Istanbul. Based on previous reviews I stayed at this hotel. Excellent location & 5 stars service. Superb. They all went out of their way to help me with personal matters. I was & still am touched.
Because of continuous construction around the area it's little bid noisy just bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. Thank you Elanaz for making my trip successful & less stressful. Consider me a loyal customer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We can't thank the staff at Elanaz enough for making our 6 nights in Istanbul so perfect. I felt like Erdem was our personal genie in a bottle. We said that we missed chocolate chip cookies, and, after we were unsuccessful in our hunt for them in various bakeries, POOF, Erdem appeared with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies from Didim (his lovely wife). The fact that they were completed while nursing a very ill child is all the more impressive.
I mentioned my love for menemen, POOF!, Nurjan whipped up an excellent batch for breakfast.
We wanted to see the new Bond movie (it WAS new in November), POOF, a metro card, directions to the mall and movie times appeared.
The room was immaculate, the shower had great pressure, the bed was comfy, location was central, the staff was beyond helpful. When can we move in?
LOVED LOVED LOVED this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank itchyfeetRTW
Tehran
Reviewed January 15, 2013

It is not a luxurious hotel, but it is modern and comfortable with spacious clean room ,very freindly and helpful staff.
Very good location to see sultanahmet area,
superb breakfast
easy access to public transportation

Room Tip: top floor has bosphorous view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Adybeig
Warwickshire
Reviewed January 10, 2013

What a fantastic experience. From the moment we arrived (front doors held open for us, luggage taken up to room while we checked in, greeted by your name, smiles and beautifully presented Turkish Delight treats!) until the moment we left (chatted to while we waited for our transfer back to the airport and presented with a special leaving gift and thank-you for staying present) my Mum and I were treated like absolute royalty.

We were upgraded when we arrived, the rooms were beautiful. Lovely robes and slippers. The showers are fantastic, and the free toiletries, that of a 5-star hotel. Very comfy beds, huge windows with great views. Beautifully designed and pretty spacious.

Breakfast was brilliant as well. Lovely home-made cake, lovely cheeses, juices and teas. Just fantastic. I just don't know what more you could ask for. The staff are so friendly and will do anything to help you. Doors and lift door were always held open for us, and we were always greeted by our names, even by staff that we hadn't even met yet!

Location is just fantastic, I don't think you could get better, only a few minutes walk to all the main sights.

Don't think twice, book this hotel. I certainly will when I return to Istanbul one day, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. You are made to feel very special with all their lovely little touches. I would go far as to say that this hotel is far better than some 5-star hotel which I have stayed at.

Thank-you Elanaz Hotel, I hope to see you soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Sophie C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were there over the New Year weekend and found Elanaz to be highly rated on a number of similar websites. They have friendly staff who are courteous and always helpful and nice clean rooms. The manager gave us excellent tips on places to eat close to the hotel and we were a short walk away from most of the sights.

Only downside was construction around the corner and a bit of noise in the night, but that's not the fault of the hotel. Would advise calling ahead to make sure that the construction is finished.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SamSena
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hotel Elanaz is a small family-run hotel. Newly established and modern in design and interior.
The rooms are very nice, and the suite on the top floor is superb with a fantastic view over The Golden Horn and Bosporus!
The location cant be better, just between the main rail station and the waterfront (with ferries to Asia and the Bridge over the Horn) to one side and the Top-Kapi, Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque to the other, only a 5-10 min walk away!
Very friendly and competent service!! You really feel welcome!!
Warm recommendation!

Room Tip: If possible reserve 603 on the top floor, and you will have a fantastic accomodation!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple