“Outstanding photographic tour with very knowledgable guide”

Istanbul Photo Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #92 of 423 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Istanbul Photo Tours are organized by Istanbul Photo Workshops and a perfect opportunity to help you improve your photography in a short time while discovering little known, non-touristic spots of Istanbul. You may end up in a gypsy market, enter a metal workshop located inside a Middle Age caravanserai, drink tea with locals, may join a local wedding, circumcision ceremony, photographing kids enjoying the small local entertainment park of a remote neighbourhood or discover the most ethnically diverse and colourful areas of Istanbul. If you would like to take your photography and communication skills to the next step this is a great opportunity to learn about the city, country and its people side by side with National Geographic photographer guides who spent most of his life in Istanbul.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

What I loved was that Kemal took you to places you wouldn't otherwise get. He encouraged me to be creative and try new things and I am reassured I took good photos by the response if my friends. It's a must do in Istanbul! A day I shan't forget.

1  Thank Justine1969

Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you would like to see Istanbul from a different perspective, you should take a photography tour of the city with Kemal. Since he is a local, he knows what to do, when to do, what not to do, and where to walk around in the city. And of course since he has a great experience in photography, one can be rest assured that the trip will be a great value for money. We took a day tour of Golden Horn area. Kemal first gave us a brief theory session about photography. He gave us many tips and tricks. He also explained the history of Istanbul and the techniques of approaching Turkish people for posing for a picture. He then took us around the streets where no tourists ever ventured - the real Istanbul. We were among locals. Kemal made us very comfortable when interacting with the people there. He gave us photography advice every moment. He had the charm needed to make anyone pose for a picture! We found the people and kids to be very friendly. Some of them came to us and told them that they wanted their pictures to be taken! Kemal also had a good choice of restaurants. For lunch, he took us to a restaurant, which served some delicious mezes at no-nonsense price. It was then we knew that he does food tours of Istanbul as well. He took us to a mosque where just the locals visited. We caught real every-day city life in our cameras. In the evening, Kemal touch upon some night photography tips as well. Overall it was a great experience and we would recommend it to anyone (whether they have interest in photography or not)

3  Thank MadhuAndBalaji
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Kemal went the extra mile to make sure my boyfriend and I had a wonderful experience during our visit to Istanbul. Kemal educated both of us on basic photography skills as well as more complex concepts, he is a talented photographer with a passion to teach others. His passion extends beyond the camera to the Turkish culture and more specifically Istanbul. Kemal taught us more about the city than our guide book and showed us parts of the city we had previously walked by without a second thought. Our tour included the Grand Bazar where Kemal made the effort to make sure we completely understood what was happening on a cultural level, he showed us nooks and crannies and one of the most memorable views of our trip.

I wish there was a Kemal in every city I have and will visit, I would recommend his tour for anyone regardless photography ability.

3  Thank Chancyk
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I booked this tour as a special treat for ourselves since we are both amateurs who enjoy photography. What an amazing city we discovered beyond the standard tourist attractions, expertly guided by Kemal. We explored back alleys, caravanserais, metal workshops, and the piece de resistance was the grand finale, on a rooftop at dusk, looking out over the Golden Horn and listening to the call of the muezzins as the sun set. We have ended up with some amazing pictures and fabulous memories of a special city. We wish we had more days to do more of the itineraries that Kemal offers, they all sound spectactular! I highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank Enchanti
Reviewed December 2, 2012

It was a pleasure exploring Istanbul with Kemal.

He's not only an excellent photographer with tons of tips on how to improve your photography but also a passionate storyteller who knows everything about the history of Istanbul and the Turkish culture. And above all, he's just a great person to hang out with in vibrant, fascinating Istanbul!

Kemals photo tours are perfect for those who want to experience the real Istanbul. Go for it, let him surprise you and have fun!

1  Thank JehanneGeudens