“Nice Place to Relax and Relief”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sifa Hamami

Sifa Hamami
Ranked #10 of 131 Spas & Wellness in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Place to Relax and Relief”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went with my girlfriend there 2 weeks ago. It was fully refurnished and organized very well. It was the second time to be at the same place. First one was not good experience but now everything seems changed and the management has changed as well. It is more likely to focus on tourists and everyone in the bath is kind to their guests.
Consequently, I strongly recommend this place to be refreshed, well being and so more... Enjoy Your Time.

Visited April 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Do NOT go here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My partner and I went here in early September 2012. The whole experience was not at all enjoyable. Even though the website looks ok, the place was run down and dirty. It smelt mouldy. We were told to lie on the bed in the steam room, which was so hot we could barely lie on it. We were there seperated, my husband remained in this room, and I was taken to a small concrete room (that looked like a storage closet), along with another girl, to be washed. The only thing I can liken this to was when you see prisoners on movies being doused with water and washed before being put in jail. This was exactly what it felt like. It was not one bit enjoyable, and after it was over both myself and the other girl had to sit there while the people who washed us then washed themselves and cleaned the room (it was just before closing time). We then sat in the reception area until time for our massage - which was not very good, and it was impossible to relax after the experience we just had. I chatted breifly with the other girl after it was over, and we were both in agreement as to our experience. Both my husband and I couldn't wait to get back to our hotel so that we could shower - we both felt dirtier coming out than when we came in!! Please don't let this put you off trying the Turkish baths, as I believe it is a must!! Unfortunantely we did not have enough time in Istanbul to try another bath house but I can say with complete certainty that you should avoid this place.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank SEH158
Pompano Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was there on July 24, 2012. This place was the most disgusting place I ever had the misfortune of paying money for. I went with a male friend of mine I was traveling with in Istanbul. First, they give you this nasty dirty rag that smells. They call it a traditional cotton body wrap. It smelled of mildew. my friend said the bathroom was disgusting with mold growing on ceiling down the walls. We lay face up in the Sauna room looking at dirty cobweb filled ceiling. Then our 25 minute massage was only 15 minutes. The staff was unfriendly and hurried through everything. I wish I would have said something to manager, but my friend saw how upset i was and begged me to just leave. Please do not go there. There are other Turkish baths. They can't be as nasty as this dump was. We wasted $46.00 in American dollars. That's 80 lira in turkish money.

Visited July 2012